Bringing soda and water onboard

On my upcoming cruise, I intend on bringing a case of canned soda and a case of water. I am aware of the rules. What is a better way of doing it, putting them into a empty suitcase and check it with the porters? put a label on them exposed? or try taking it through security as a carryon myself? I would personally like to just put them in an extra empty suitcase and check it with the porters but i don't want to go through with all the trouble for no success :P

We carry two 12 packs of soda on all the time,when we get on board we tell them that it is soda and they look in the bag and we just head to our cabin with no problems.as for the water we haven't done it but have seen other people carry on 24 pack.

Several years ago we filled a suitcase with soda and checked it with the porters. When it arrived to our cabin we discovered that several of the cans head "exploded". The suitcase was soaked. The last time we carried on a suitcase full of soda. It did not fit through the X-ray machine, so they took it to a table and opened it. They saw that it was just soda and sent us on our way.

Edited by CYN2920

We "always" bring a case of water in a duffle bag and only had an issue once. They asked me to go to the "bad" room. I did; he asked me to open the bag. I showed him the case of water that still had the shrink wrap around it and off I went. That duffle bag now get's to carry my dirty laundry off the ship.

We're Diamond on Royal and doing our first cruise on Carnival next month. For $3.99 they'll deliver 12 bottles of water to your room. They also allow a 12 pack of soda per person if you bring it on board in a carry on. I wish Royal would do the same.

We're Diamond on Royal and doing our first cruise on Carnival next month. For $3.99 they'll deliver 12 bottles of water to your room. They also allow a 12 pack of soda per person if you bring it on board in a carry on. I wish Royal would do the same.

I'd also pay for the water if it was that price.

When did Royal Caribbean ban allowing non-alcoholic drinks to be taken on at embarkation? We last sailed with them in October 2014 and it was OK to take soda on then. What with that and also just seeing that the internet is double what they charge on Carnival I am a little disappointed with RC.

When did Royal Caribbean ban allowing non-alcoholic drinks to be taken on at embarkation? We last sailed with them in October 2014 and it was OK to take soda on then. What with that and also just seeing that the internet is double what they charge on Carnival I am a little disappointed with RC.

You may have been able to take drinks on board in 2014, but it was against their rules back then. They just don't enforce those rules much. It's been against their rules for years.

Back on Royal after a few years, and a lot has changed. The $3.99 on Carnival was great, and for awhile, it was priced at $2.99. Makes it a lot easier keep up with daily water recommendations of 8 glasses!!!

Can you bring bottles or it has to be cans or it doesn't matter

They are both prohibited, however they seem to think that it's harder to put alcohol into cans and reseal them convincingly, so cans seem to get confiscated less.

On our Navigator cruise in late April we placed 24 bottles of water in a backpack, with the shrink wrap removed. The bag was checked with the rest of our luggage and arrived at our stateroom without incident.

We "always" bring a case of water in a duffle bag and only had an issue once. They asked me to go to the "bad" room. I did; he asked me to open the bag. I showed him the case of water that still had the shrink wrap around it and off I went. That duffle bag now get's to carry my dirty laundry off the ship.

We did the same exact thing a few weeks ago on Freedom...minus getting called to the bad room. Our duffle bag made it to our room with the luggage. On another note I totally forgot and put our 2 bottles of wine in that duffle bag too...meant to take it out when we got to the port but forgot...the wine somehow survived getting tossed around and was safe with the water...I don't know how the bottles didn't break...lol....ohh and we used the duffle bag for dirty laundry too

Ok, now that's a thought! I'm packing an empty duffel-type bag to use as a carry-on for my flight home with any souvenirs I've gotten, but I could easily fit a case of diet Coke and some water in it once in Barcelona...

Bob, I know you said before that there's a place in the Barcelona port terminal that you can buy soda and stuff. Is that before or after you give your bags to the porters?

... Bob, I know you said before that there's a place in the Barcelona port terminal that you can buy soda and stuff. Is that before or after you give your bags to the porters?

There is a duty free shop in the Barcelona terminal. This is after you drop your bags, after security, and after check-in. Basically right before you get on the ship.