Linking B2B

Going to finally be on our first B2B, and confused about do or don't as to

linking both legs of our cruise reservations. Another CC member told me (but

I can't remember exactly who it was...sorry about that fellow

member...my bad :() to never do it as "bad things can happen" if you have them linked.

What is the benefit or "bad thing" of doing either?

I had the D+ desk link them. Good or bad thing? :eek:

And what should I be aware of?

Edited by island lady

member...my bad :() to never do it as "bad things can happen" if you have them linked.

Sometimes various web functions don't work well if your cruises are linked. One example is Air2Sea (Choice Air). There may be others.

Sometimes various web functions don't work well if your cruises are linked. One example is Air2Sea (Choice Air). There may be others.

Thanks Bob. I did notice that there is no longer a "payment" option tab listed

when I pull up "My Cruises" online, but I am sure the CS department will be most

happy to take my $$. ;) I was able to make MTD reservations for both legs online,

so at least that worked. Booked my own airfare, so no problems there.

I guess the worst of it would be I don't get my second leg bottles of wine (I love my

bottle of bubbly for sail away)...but will ask for them.

Not sure what else to look for, but perhaps not necessary to link them? Not sure

of any benefits there.

We do mostly B2B these days. Always link our reservations. We usually don't book their air and our payments are made through our TA - so if those web site issues exist they are non-issues for us.

Always get our second "set" of loyalty amenities for the second voyage (except for once we were missing water - took 2 days).

When you do the check-in for cruise #1 show your departure as consecutive cruiser and on #2 show your arrival as consecutive cruiser. We check with Guest Services about mid-cruise #1 to make sure we are on the B2B list they get from shore side.

Enjoy your B2B - they are addicting! Remember that no two turn-around days or port procedures are the same, so go with the flow.

We do mostly B2B these days. Always link our reservations. We usually don't book their air and our payments are made through our TA - so if those web site issues exist they are non-issues for us.

Always get our second "set" of loyalty amenities for the second voyage (except for once we were missing water - took 2 days).

When you do the check-in for cruise #1 show your departure as consecutive cruiser and on #2 show your arrival as consecutive cruiser. We check with Guest Services about mid-cruise #1 to make sure we are on the B2B list they get from shore side.

Enjoy your B2B - they are addicting! Remember that no two turn-around days or port procedures are the same, so go with the flow.

Thanks! :D

Have you done a B2B turn around in Vancouver?

That was my post. :)

In my experience, the easiest and least invasive way to "link" your consecutive cruises with the best possible outcome is to wait until you are completing your SetSail Pass/online check-in. Then just use the "travel plans" part to say "consecutive cruiser".

:)

That was my post. :)

In my experience, the easiest and least invasive way to "link" your consecutive cruises with the best possible outcome is to wait until you are completing your SetSail Pass/online check-in. Then just use the "travel plans" part to say "consecutive cruiser".

:)

Thanks! I thought it was you, and was about to post your name, but my old brain

did not totally trust my memory. ;)

I remembered you saying..."no..no...no...bad things can happen". :eek:

I forgot to ask you at that time what bad things I should look for? Gulp..

won't link ahead of time for now on if there is actually no benefit anyway.

Thanks again! You are always a wealth of knowledge for all of us! :D

Thanks! :D

Have you done a B2B turn around in Vancouver?

No - not from there.

Never experienced the "bad things" monster that apparently others have - but once reserved we usually don't change or add anything except diner reservations.

No - not from there.

Never experienced the "bad things" monster that apparently others have - but once reserved we usually don't change or add anything except diner reservations.

Thanks!

We will be doing a lot more B2B cruises later in life, but right now we don't like

to be gone too long at one time due to "fur faced children". Two Tabby cats

are "cruising" with us right now as we spend the spring season here on the

beaches of the Florida Panhandle in our land yacht. :)

Edited by island lady

Clearly, not EVERYONE with linked cruises has bad things happen, or there would be dozens of threads on Cruise Critic venting about it.

But if it happens to you, you don't care if it has happened to anyone else or not!

And it is so easy to NOT link them officially with C&A and just do it with your online check-in.

You don't want to lose access to functionality on the RC website; it is hard enough to navigate without adding complications! :eek:

Clearly, not EVERYONE with linked cruises has bad things happen, or there would be dozens of threads on Cruise Critic venting about it.

But if it happens to you, you don't care if it has happened to anyone else or not!

And it is so easy to NOT link them officially with C&A and just do it with your online check-in.

You don't want to lose access to functionality on the RC website; it is hard enough to navigate without adding complications! :eek:

Agree! And thanks again for your help with that. Since I don't see any benefit

to linking them in the future....I will follow your lead from now on. :)

If you are booked through a TA and they have your cruises linked the TA no longer has access to your reservation and must call RCL to make any changes. I just link mine when I do my on line check in, has worked 95% of the time. Also check with GS midway through your cruise to see if they show you as a b2b.

Carla