Another Drink Package Question :0

VOLEYMOM

Has anyone had this happen. Family cruise on Divina, some of us are buying the drink package. My son went online to purchase ahead, bought it but no mention of his girlfriend needing to buy it also. They are in the same room, same booking number. We have gone around and around trying to decide what to buy and she will probably end up buying it also but the problem for us is my husband will definitely get his money's worth out of the package me not so much. If only my husband could buy and I could do the coupons it would be perfect. Since I know it says all people in the room must buy it just wondering if this has also happened to anyone else and if only one person ordered what ended up happening.

I could be wrong as all I've done is research for my sailing on Seaside (Yacht Club!), but I'm under the impression that not only does not everyone in the room have to buy it, but the drink tickets you get once you get onboard are shareable with whomever.

Has anyone had this happen. Family cruise on Divina, some of us are buying the drink package. My son went online to purchase ahead, bought it but no mention of his girlfriend needing to buy it also. They are in the same room, same booking number. We have gone around and around trying to decide what to buy and she will probably end up buying it also but the problem for us is my husband will definitely get his money's worth out of the package me not so much. If only my husband could buy and I could do the coupons it would be perfect. Since I know it says all people in the room must buy it just wondering if this has also happened to anyone else and if only one person ordered what ended up happening.

VOLEYMOM,,,the first question,,,are the two bookings linked together? If the two bookings are linked,,everyone,,regardless if you are in two separate staterooms or not,,must purchase a drink package if one does.

*Book before you depart to get the best possible deal. The package is valid for every day of the cruise and cannot be purchased on a daily basis. It must be booked by all guests occupying the same stateroom, or just traveling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors - between 3 and 17 years of age (i.e. who have not yet reached their 18th birthday) or between 3 and 20 years of age (i.e. who have not yet reached their 21st birthday for the Caribbean departures), who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not mandatory for Infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except the day of disembarkation. The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferable. Abusing the terms of the all-inclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded.

Edited by Mikesa1721

There you go. I stand corrected. I could have sworn there was a package where you could just buy like 18 drink vouchers or something, but, like I said, I'm nowhere near a MSC expert. I've yet to take my first sailing on this brand.

You can buy a packet of drink vouchers. Forget how many in the booklet. And you can buy several booklets. A money saving alternative to the drink package that must be purchased by all...if you don't think everybody would get their money's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know that it says all people need to buy it was just weird it allowed my son to purchase his and didn't make her also buy it since they are on the same reservation. When we did it on Carnival on the website it wouldn't allow only one person to buy it. The MSC website allowed my son to purchase it and didn't make his girlfriend purchase it also. So now it only shows one person in the room with the drink package.

You can also buy it on the ship. All the many permutations of drinks package. MSC has I think the cheapest drinks package out there at least half the price of NCL. There are wine & beer packages. Coffee package, coupons for different types of drinks. We got the all inclusive package, but had I known about the other packages I would have gotten that instead. Also you can buy more than one package ie coffee + wine , if this is all that you drink and it works out cheaper.

Back to original point you can buy it all on board. You could also swap around the booking husband in with the boyfriend, both get package, daughter and you in cabin & get drink coupons, just go to GS and get additional room cards & sleep where you like. Enjoy

There is a difference between the voucher system and the all inclusive package. Vouchers do not need to be purchased by everyone in cabin, group or dining together. If someone in cabin buys a drink with a voucher, it is not charged for, if someone in cabin buys a drink w/o using a voucher they will be charged.... All inclusives need to be purchased by all, for obvious reasons. That being said, I recently had the more for less premium on Divina, and found it to be well worth it. So much so, that in my opinion the only choice is between vouchers or premium (ruling out the basic All_incl), or none at all for the not so inclined to indulge.... hope this helps any questions please ask away !!!

I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question, and it fits with this thread already:

I'm going on the Sinfonia in July - does anyone know if the drinks packages are the same price once on the ship? As opposed to buying online beforehand?

thanks!

Morgan

@Saffa Morgan

They are the same price from my experience, but bear in mind you will have to pa in the ship's currency not your local currency, so you could incur conversion fees or not get such a great exchange rate

We have always found it better to book before

Also if you buy on board I think there is a service charge (15%).

There is no conversion charge! When you activate your card you will be asked do you want to pay in your currency or ships currency (euro in Europe) always pay in ships currency, your visa will always give a better exchange rate. Your bank may charge a foreign transaction fee but this is usually a small amount for each transaction, though your bill is itimised on ship your card is only charged once at end of cruise. Best talk to your card provider to see what your fees are.

There is no conversion charge! When you activate your card you will be asked do you want to pay in your currency or ships currency (euro in Europe) always pay in ships currency, your visa will always give a better exchange rate. Your bank may charge a foreign transaction fee but this is usually a small amount for each transaction, though your bill is itimised on ship your card is only charged once at end of cruise. Best talk to your card provider to see what your fees are.

I was meaning the foreign transaction fee from the bank - MSC don't charge a conversion fee :)

Completely agree best to pay everything onboard ion the ship's currency

I didn't think there was a 15% charge on a drinks package if you buy it on embarkation, but not 100% sure as always purchased before, but the headline price is the same :)

I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question, and it fits with this thread already:

I'm going on the Sinfonia in July - does anyone know if the drinks packages are the same price once on the ship? As opposed to buying online beforehand?

thanks!

Morgan

Hi Morgan, We just booked for March 2017. In answer to your question, when we booked we have the option to book our "drink package" at 15% discount, up to a week before sailing, if it's not a week, it's two weeks before. ( I can't remember which). We booked through MSC it's self. Hope this helps. Carol

Uh, I missed this question of currency at the kiosk last time. I will keep my eyes open this Saturday, and try to look for this question.

Thanks.

Armando.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I've heard about the 15% service fee addition before, but no one has actually confirmed it yet.

My reason for asking is that I have $200 OBC, which I'd rather put towards a drinks package, so if it's the same price as pre-booking, it makes sense to just purchase is once we embark.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I've heard about the 15% service fee addition before, but no one has actually confirmed it yet.

My reason for asking is that I have $200 OBC, which I'd rather put towards a drinks package, so if it's the same price as pre-booking, it makes sense to just purchase is once we embark.

MSC will add 15% on vouchers purchased onboard.

Cheers.

Armando & Maria.

Miami, FL.

WE are a group of 3 families (2 adults/2 kids each) sailing on Divina this sat. We missed the deadline to buy onboard as we were not decided. Some of us will make worth of package and others not. Like mentioned by another poster, swapping the names of all who want in one cabin will be the best bet I guess? and other can buy vouchers as they wish.

Two questions I have.

(1). does anyone know if at Genoa port, at the embarkation area, do they have a duty free store like in Venice when we were there in 2010? We could buy two bottles of wine and soft drinks and water. But only on embarkation not in other ports.

(2). If there's no duty free store there in Genoa, can we bring our two bottles of wine on board like we have on other cruise lines?

Thanks Carol

Magnifica :- March 2017

Why are you ruling out the basic All incl. package? What made the premium your choice? Just trying to get more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For the extra 10 a day, you get premium beers, wines, liquors. Whatever your mind can create it is included, for me that was Dark and stormy drinks. at 13.25 a piece, they would not have been included in basic, nevermind going with doubles.. Gelato. cant say enough about how good the gelato and gelato sundaes were. Pastries, amazing and unlimited with premium, crepes poolside, large bottled waters to bring on excursions, the unlimited use of in room mini bar. It was an easy decision for me, well worth the 10. In my opinion of course.