Can I bring my own water onboard?

Has anyone recently brought their own case of water on board? We have been doing it forever and now I hear you are not allowed.

According to "official" RCI rules, it has always been not allowed but it is rarely enforced. Take your water, the chances of it not being allowed are slim.

In Tampa last month, I brought on a 24 pack. I tried to check with the porter and was told they can't check it through, but I was able to bring it on. In other ports, Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral, I've been able to check with the porters. I attach a cabin tag, hoping the porters will check it for me (and of course if they do, I throw an extra couple bucks as a thank you). And I always work with the assumption that they may say no to be bringing it on board regardless. To me, always worth a try.

Erika

Just put a luggage tag on a case of water. It ha always showed up!

That did not work for us in Port Canaveral, as the porters refused the obvious case of water. However, when the water is in a suitecase, we've had no problem.

Early on, (learned my lesson) I got sent to the naughty room for my bottles

of water in my suitcase. That delayed the rest of my stuff that was in that case,

and I got stuck in a long line to retrieve it. They let me have the bottles once they

made sure they were not full of vodka/rum. :eek:

Now I take a zippered cloth tote bag with JUST the water in it, put a tag on it,

and it always makes it to our cabin. Empty tote then gets tossed into departing

luggage at the end of the cruise.

If that tote goes to the naughty room, I take my time to go down there to get

it when the lines are gone, since I am not missing anything I need right away.

... Now I take a zippered cloth tote bag with JUST the water in it, put a tag on it....

Same thing we do, except it's a small carry-on bag, with nothing else but the water.

Same thing we do, except it's a small carry-on bag, with nothing else but the water.

Very...very good choice! But then again, Bob, you are on top of it at all

times anyway! :D

Neither of us wants to go to the naughty room if we can help it. ;)

Thanks to all for answering. Sounds like it's a NO in the Rule Book but isn't paid much attention to.

We have always carried a sealed case of water wrapped with a duct tape handle with our name and cabin number written in permanent black marker. We've never had a problem.

Thanks to all for answering. Sounds like it's a NO in the Rule Book but isn't paid much attention to.

We have always carried a sealed case of water wrapped with a duct tape handle with our name and cabin number written in permanent black marker. We've never had a problem.

I just would not want to take that chance, as they are starting to crack down on those bulky cases of water,

which is a visually obvious break in the rules.

IMHO it is simple to just toss the bottles in a small bag or tote with a luggage tag on it. Easier for the

porters and delivering cabin attendants to handle it that way also.

Edited by island lady