Specialty Restaurant Pricing

Does anyone know the 2016 pricing of the specialty restaurants on Liberty?? I hear Chops is $50 pp (wow).... but what about Sabor, Giovnni's, etc? Also, different price for lunch vs. dinner at any that are open for lunch? Trying to plan my budget. Heard Sabor is NOT TO BE MISSED!!! Any other comments? thanks!

We are booked on Liberty in Oct. Our Cruise Planner is showing the following prices for dinner:

Chops $35pp

Giovanni's $30pp

Sabor $25pp

It also show a Chef's Table and a Chops Grill California Wine experience. They also have a multiple restaurant package of $100pp for five nights.

We are booked on Liberty in Oct. Our Cruise Planner is showing the following prices for dinner:

Chops $35pp

Giovanni's $30pp

Sabor $25pp

These were the prices on our recent Liberty cruise.

Sabor has been our favorite specialty restaurant on this ship...but this last time when I was signing the $60 tab ($25x2+$10 tip) I couldn't help thinking that's a bit high for what we ate. Thinking...maybe a Filet Mignon at Chops for $80 ($35x2+$10 tip) is the better value. But our last couple of visits to Chops have been disappointing. Oh well...

Edited by dplusd
sp

On my next cruise, I booked a 5 night specialty dining package for $110. This way, I get to try them all (most of them anyways). Works for me!!!

We too are looking at the five night package. Because we have OBC to use, we will wait until we board to book it though.

Heard Sabor is NOT TO BE MISSED!!! Any other comments? thanks!

We went to Sabor on the Allure last year and found it disgusting. All the meats and proteins were coated in this thick oily baste which destroyed any flavours. We left after the first serving. It was so bad that the Manager apologised and refunded our meal.

We too are looking at the five night package. Because we have OBC to use, we will wait until we board to book it though.

I just hope you get the times that you want to go instead of the 5:30 pm or the 10:30 pm choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! First-timer here! We´ll be onbard Harmony of the seas in late September for a western mediterranean cruise.

According to what I am reading, the prices shown in my cruise planner for specialty restaurants includes the meal and not just making the reservation right?

Thank you and have a great one!

Hello! First-timer here! We´ll be onbard Harmony of the seas in late September for a western mediterranean cruise.

According to what I am reading, the prices shown in my cruise planner for specialty restaurants includes the meal and not just making the reservation right?

Yes and no.

Reservations at restaurants with a fixed fee, such as Giovanni's Table, will be charged in full immediately to your credit card when you make the reservation.

Reservations at restaurants that are charged by the item (Sabor, Izumi) won't be charged at all to your credit card.

Making a reservation is free. Eating the meal is not. :)

Yes and no.

Reservations at restaurants with a fixed fee, such as Giovanni's Table, will be charged in full immediately to your credit card when you make the reservation.

Reservations at restaurants that are charged by the item (Sabor, Izumi) won't be charged at all to your credit card.

Got it, information says for a la carte restaurants we get a $30 food credit.

Thank you for the quick answer!

Got it, information says for a la carte restaurants we get a $30 food credit.

Thank you for the quick answer!

That sounds like you are purchasing a dining package, not making individual reservations at restaurants. Is that true?

That sounds like you are purchasing a dining package, not making individual reservations at restaurants. Is that true?

Yes, that was for a dining package. Right now I'm just brownsing restaurants and trying to understand how this works. We'll decide what to do later.

How long before departure it's recommended to make reservations?

Yes, that was for a dining package. Right now I'm just brownsing restaurants and trying to understand how this works. We'll decide what to do later.

How long before departure it's recommended to make reservations?

I make our reservations onboard because I don't like giving the cruise line any more money up front than required. However, I'm also flexible with reservations, and it would not disappoint me much if I could not go to some restaurant.

If having a reservation for some specific restaurant on some specific day and time is important, then I'd make the reservation as soon as you can.

I make our reservations onboard because I don't like giving the cruise line any more money up front than required. However, I'm also flexible with reservations, and it would not disappoint me much if I could not go to some restaurant.

If having a reservation for some specific restaurant on some specific day and time is important, then I'd make the reservation as soon as you can.

I see. I would like to have a special dinner on Sept 29 so I will probably make the reservation soon.

I have a question that might be dumb but have to ask it.... if the online menu of the restaurant (Wonderland) does not include prices does that mean the $80 (for 2 persons) covers the meal?

There are others like sabor that does not show price either but reservation prices start at 0.00 but that specific if the one you told me we'll have to pay there right?

Does this make sense?

I see. I would like to have a special dinner on Sept 29 so I will probably make the reservation soon.

I have a question that might be dumb but have to ask it.... if the online menu of the restaurant (Wonderland) does not include prices does that mean the $80 (for 2 persons) covers the meal?

There are others like sabor that does not show price either but reservation prices start at 0.00 but that specific if the one you told me we'll have to pay there right?

Does this make sense?

Yes, in the cases you mention, I believe you can assume that those with the price listed is a fixed fee, and the others are per item pricing.

I qualified the answer because there is a hybrid pricing choice with Chops that is fixed fee, plus extra for high end steaks. So you could end up paying more than the listed price if you choose the premium steaks.

Yes, in the cases you mention, I believe you can assume that those with the price listed is a fixed fee, and the others are per item pricing.

I qualified the answer because there is a hybrid pricing choice with Chops that is fixed fee, plus extra for high end steaks. So you could end up paying more than the listed price if you choose the premium steaks.

I really appreciate your help. Now I understand way more than an hour ago!

I really appreciate your help. Now I understand way more than an hour ago!

You're welcome, and don't hesitate to ask more questions. Many helpful people here.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to look at what it would cost us to book the specialty restaurants we want to eat at vs the price of the specialty dining package to make sure it is worth while. Do I have the pricing below correct?

Chops- $35pp

Wonderland- $40pp

150 Central Park- $45pp for 3 course tasting

Sabor- ala carte($30 food credit pp with package?)

Jamie's Italian- ?? Anyone know the price for dinner? Is lunch less?

This will be on the Harmony and restaurants are not open to book so we can't see pricing yet. Thank you!

I am trying to look at what it would cost us to book the specialty restaurants we want to eat at vs the price of the specialty dining package to make sure it is worth while. Do I have the pricing below correct?

Chops- $35pp

Wonderland- $40pp

150 Central Park- $45pp for 3 course tasting

Sabor- ala carte($30 food credit pp with package?)

Jamie's Italian- ?? Anyone know the price for dinner? Is lunch less?

This will be on the Harmony and restaurants are not open to book so we can't see pricing yet. Thank you!

I'd wait until you see pricing in your Cruise Planner, because it can change.