Viking Homelands disembarkation Time

Fairfield Nana

Anyone familiar with this itinerary relative to final cruise port of Bergen--what is the latest time we have to be off the ship? We have a flight booked for following day and our hotel is at the airport, so looking for things to do last day before checking into our hotel--possibly sleeping late??/....thanks.

Hi Fairfield Nana....sleeping in, unfortunately, probably isn't an option....we haven't found that to be so on any line when we are staying over and can't check into a hotel that early. The cruise lines are anxious to clear the ship and be ready for new passengers. I think that when we reached Stockholm last year we were able to stay In our cabin until 8:00, maybe it was 8:30. We then went to grab a quick bite to eat on the ship before we disembarked. I can't give you info on Bergen airport, and how far that is form the dock, but I can say that Bergen is relatively flat so maneuvering bags in elevation change isn't part of the decision.

• 4 weeks later...

Need feedback on taking the included excursion from Le Havre to Paris. I'm afraid that this will be several hours on a coach and then a whirlwind tour of Paris and then several more hours on the coach to return to the ship. I've been to Paris (many years ago) but hubby hasn't been. Comments please.

Need feedback on taking the included excursion from Le Havre to Paris. I'm afraid that this will be several hours on a coach and then a whirlwind tour of Paris and then several more hours on the coach to return to the ship. I've been to Paris (many years ago) but hubby hasn't been. Comments please.

You have asked your question in the wrong place. This particular thread is about the Viking Homelands cruise, which does not go to LeHavre or even to France.

This is a new topic and should be asked in a new thread because the people who have done the LeHavre to Paris excursion are not going to see this post hidden in a thread on a different topic.

Go to the Viking Oceans page. Click on the newthread.gif button. Use the title "LeHavre to Paris excursion question" so that people will know that is what you are asking. In the message box, ask you question, just as you have asked it here.

Another place that you can look for an answer is in the Port of Call section, in the sub-forum for Europe. Start with the France forum. The Ports of Call forum will have people from many different cruise lines who have done the same tours. You might night get some one who has done the tour with Viking but you might get someone who has done a similar tour. Use the 'search this forum' to search for "LeHavre Paris" to find posts that might talk about the excursion.

Thanks for the info. Will repost per your suggestion.

How do I delete this thread?

You can't delete the thread. There is a chance that the moderators will delete your post if you request it. Use the report.gif in the header of your post to communicate with the moderators. Still, it will be up to the moderators discretion to delete or not.

Looking forward to your new thread.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Fairfield Nana....sleeping in, unfortunately, probably isn't an option....we haven't found that to be so on any line when we are staying over and can't check into a hotel that early. The cruise lines are anxious to clear the ship and be ready for new passengers. I think that when we reached Stockholm last year we were able to stay In our cabin until 8:00, maybe it was 8:30. We then went to grab a quick bite to eat on the ship before we disembarked. I can't give you info on Bergen airport, and how far that is form the dock, but I can say that Bergen is relatively flat so maneuvering bags in elevation change isn't part of the decision.

The airport is not very close to the port and is on the other side of town. As a result, busses have to wind through the downtown area-not a terrible trip on a Sunday morning, but could be very congested on other days. I recall that it took about 30 minutes.