Survey: How much are the drink packages on you current sailing? (or within last 2 wee

... And I also don't get the very very slight difference in price between the Ultimate and Premium.:confused:

dp

Someone mentioned earlier that it could be there are so many folks getting a "free" Select package as part of their booking, that RC is making it very expensive for them to upgrade once onboard.

Someone mentioned earlier that it could be there are so many folks getting a "free" Select package as part of their booking, that RC is making it very expensive for them to upgrade once onboard.

Alot of UK customers will have the select drinks package as part of thier bookings. We have for our Navigator cruise in October.

We will be upgrading our drinks package just hope royal don't do silly things with prices for the upgrade!!???

Edited by darrencolne

We are on the Serenade OTS 24 Feb 2017 10-night. The Cruise Planner presently shows these options (all prices CAD):

Royal Refreshment @ $10.40 $104.00 add 18% = $122.72

Royal Replenish @ $24.70 $247.00 add 18% = $291.46

Water @ $50.70 $50.70 add 18% = $59.83

Select @ $56.40 Gratuity Included $564.00

Premium (regular) @ $74.10 Gratuity Included $741.00

Premium (20% Off) @ $57.20 $572.00 add 18% = $674.96

Ultimate (regular) @ $87.10 Gratuity Included $871.00

Ultimate (20% Off) @ $59.80 $598.00 add 18% = $705.64

And yes, the Cruise Planner does show both the Sale versions and Non-Sale versions of Premium and Ultimate and will let you buy either version. Why that is so is a mystery I will leave to wiser minds.

For our IOS cruise in February.

Premium $271.40 including gratuities for 5 nights

Ultimate $283.20 including gratuities for 5 nights

Select isn't listed as an option anymore.

Is this the price with the 20% discount? The site has me a little confused. It says 20% off but does not list the before and after price??

Is this the price with the 20% discount? The site has me a little confused. It says 20% off but does not list the before and after price??

The confusion and lack of transparency is by design. The 20% off is supposedly off of onboard pricing, not pre-cruise pricing.

Those are the prices with the 20% off. But I have no idea 20% off of what.

The last time I checked prices it was $49 before grats and $57 a day for Premium including gratuities. The price now with discount is $46 before grats and $54 including grats.

Edited by dcgrumpy

We are booked on the Oasis, Oct 1st Sailing; the premium offer was $44, (that was 20% Disc), once I paid for the Gratuity it came in at $51.92 pp.

We've never purchased a Drink Pkg before, but I figured 2 Drinks pp while poolside/afternoon on the Ship. Possibly a Wine with Dinner, and another 2 Drinks during the Evening while at a Show and Lounges/Clubs. Plus, I figured we'd drink Bottled Water while lying about the Pool as well, just to stay hydrated.

And if the typical Drink (as Pictured by the Receipt) is $13, we should almost Break Even (given less consumption on Shore Days). But I'd rather not have to think about whether to have that 2nd Poolside "fruity" concoction if I had to Pay as I go.

look at the fine print on that flyer...you're limited to premium cocktails up to $12 and wines by the glass up to $12 (RCI jacked my favorite white from $10 a glass to $14). The poster who posted the $13 price for the wildberry thing would have had to pay $1.00.

Edited by wolfcathorse

OK, so I am looking at the 20% off "special offer" for my next two cruises. For the Ultimate Package, they both price out for $250.16 for 4 days, or $62.54 per day, including grats.

Adding the 20% equals $75.05 per day, which is at least $6-$7 more per day than I've been paying on board (to use OBC) or pre-cruise on recent cruises. (At least that's my memory, because the price has seemed steady at $67-69 per day.)

So it's the old game of raise the price, then "discount" it. But, who knows what the price will be on board on Empress so I feel compelled to get it now.

For Indy, I have a ton of OBC so I will just use that.

Not surprised. Just not happy about it.

A friend currently on Empress took a pic of the package menu and Ultimate without gratuity is $59. Online it was $53. That's 10%. Not 20%. Unless a hike is coming soon.

Edited by MattInFLL