Survey: How much are the drink packages on you current sailing? (or within last 2 wee

looked up on 25/7 (Brilliance)

REFRESH £6.16 (no discount now)

REPLENISH £14.63 (no discount now)

SELECT £23.87 (20% off)

PREM £30.03 (20% off)

ULTI £36.19 (20% off)

some as you can see dont have the discount, but are cheaper than two month ago, and them that have the discount are more dearer than two month ago!

We are booked on the Oasis, Oct 1st Sailing; the premium offer was $44, (that was 20% Disc), once I paid for the Gratuity it came in at $51.92 pp.

We've never purchased a Drink Pkg before, but I figured 2 Drinks pp while poolside/afternoon on the Ship. Possibly a Wine with Dinner, and another 2 Drinks during the Evening while at a Show and Lounges/Clubs. Plus, I figured we'd drink Bottled Water while lying about the Pool as well, just to stay hydrated.

And if the typical Drink (as Pictured by the Receipt) is $13, we should almost Break Even (given less consumption on Shore Days). But I'd rather not have to think about whether to have that 2nd Poolside "fruity" concoction if I had to Pay as I go.

7 day Caribbean

Oasis

Sept '16 (non holiday)

Ultimate is $405 (404.75) USD

Its $343 plus the 18% (61.74) so $49 a day before 18% or $58 (57.84) with.

Price has been around this since I first saw it in the CP some months ago. Never got a glitch when adding it to the cart. I keep trying though. lol

For those that like to "break even"; if the $13 wildberry margarita receipt is correct and the same price during this cruise, it works out to be 4-5 of them a day. Or rather, 4-5 beverages in that price range a day. Not too hard to do I don't think? Even if you only have a drink with a meal and a night cap you're going to make it.

A no-brainer for my 7 night 12/16/16 cruise aboard the Anthem of the Seas Bahama's:

Select Package @ $33.00 p/p includes 20% discount, added gratuity for a total of $545.16 for the both of us. @ $38.94 p/p including tip, I thought it was well worth it. One day at Coco Cay, a New Jersey departure, and the discounted rate, sold me. :)

Don't know if price for this cruise was mentioned. Didn't feel like going thru all the previous posts. We already bought this package for our cruise coming up.

Oct 23, 2016 Harmony of the Seas 13 night crossing

Premium Package with 20% discount. $39 per day plus service charge. Totals below.

GUEST--------------PACKAGE------------------------------------PRICE

Tim-----PREMIUM BEVERAGE PACKAGE SPECIAL OFFER----- $507.00 USD

Kathy---PREMIUM BEVERAGE PACKAGE SPECIAL OFFER----- $507.00 USD

*Service Charge $182.52 USD

TOTAL $1,196.52 USD

Tim

We are booked on the Oasis, Oct 1st Sailing; the premium offer was $44, (that was 20% Disc), once I paid for the Gratuity it came in at $51.92 pp.

We've never purchased a Drink Pkg before, but I figured 2 Drinks pp while poolside/afternoon on the Ship. Possibly a Wine with Dinner, and another 2 Drinks during the Evening while at a Show and Lounges/Clubs. Plus, I figured we'd drink Bottled Water while lying about the Pool as well, just to stay hydrated.

And if the typical Drink (as Pictured by the Receipt) is $13, we should almost Break Even (given less consumption on Shore Days). But I'd rather not have to think about whether to have that 2nd Poolside "fruity" concoction if I had to Pay as I go.

This is exactly how I look at it! If it's prepaid (and at a discount compared to buying onboard), I don't think about cost if I feel like another. I'm also more likely to try new drinks and not have to worry if I don't like it. Plus you should consider # of port days and if you're going to the private island.

Do you think the big difference between the select and the premium packages on board is because there maybe a lot of people with the free select package.

That seems a big difference in price since I last cruised a couple of years ago.

All of mine have been purchased online and include the so-called 20% off and gratuities added;

3 night Enchantment-8/26/16 Select $127.44 Premium $166.38

3 night Enchantment-9/23/16 same

3 night Enchantment-10/28/16 same

4 night Brilliance - 11/10/16 select $155.76 Premium $207.68

3 night Enchantment -1/27/17 Select not yet offered Premium $162.84

4 night Indy - 2/16/17 Select not yet offered Premium $202.40

As you can see they are ALL over the place. We did find though that Enchantment is MUCH higher if you buy on the ship, which is the first time we had seen the prices on the ship different than if you bought online. That is why we have bought all our Enchantments ahead of time

I will watch prices and cancel and rebook packages if a better deal comes along. But Royal has made it impossible to know if it is better to buy ahead or not as you never know on any ship what the price will be!!!

I purchased the premium package for the Jewel of the Seas last year and wasn't disappointed. In addition to the alcohol (which can get pretty pricey) the package included miscellaneous drinks such as Starbucks coffee (lattes ran around $5 if I'm not mistaken) and fresh squeezed orange juice in addition to bottled water, soda, etc.

All and all it worked out pretty well for me. It depends on your drinking habits however when making your decision factor in non alcoholic drinks that they charge extra on which may be consumed during the trip.

Edited by uptown_110

This is exactly how I look at it! If it's prepaid (and at a discount compared to buying onboard), I don't think about cost if I feel like another. I'm also more likely to try new drinks and not have to worry if I don't like it. Plus you should consider # of port days and if you're going to the private island.

the last 3 NCL cruises I have a beverage package and it was great for the reasons you said, you don't think about the cost and it's fairly easy to break even and even come out "ahead"

On my 4 day Carnival I did last year, I didn't get their package because my friend who was rooming with me doesn't drink and all adults over the age of 21 in a cabin have to purchase. It definitely curbed my drinking as with gratuity, some of the drinks came to 15.00 EACH! :eek:

So I always try to get the package no matter what cruiseline I am on, because it really just takes some stress out of my vacation

Has anyone been offered or seen the 10 drink punch cards available on any of the ships, Radiance in particular

We saw them on Vision two different cruises, first for $79 and next for $84.

We saw them on Vision two different cruises, first for $79 and next for $84.

Thank you that's great.

Fingers crossed we can get those on Radiance out if Sydney in January, will save for those special cocktail moments, and transferable, unlike the package.

On upcoming Serenade, sale prices for Premium and Ultimate only $2 per day difference

i say do it for that price - my sailing is about 6.00 per day - not BAD, but I'd rather have the internet than the specialty coffee. Plus I prefer starbucks, gotta get my use out of my gold card ;)

Ovation of the Seas - December 2016 (Christmas Cruise) 15nights return to New Zealand

On 10 June we paid for 2 Premium beverage packages INCLUDING gratuities

AUD 2296.04 or AUD1148.02 each or AUD76.53 per day each or in

USD1724.53 or USD 862.26 each or USD57.48 per day each

No further charges

Don't know if price for this cruise was mentioned. Didn't feel like going thru all the previous posts. We already bought this package for our cruise coming up.

Oct 23, 2016 Harmony of the Seas 13 night crossing

Premium Package with 20% discount. $39 per day plus service charge. Totals below.

GUEST--------------PACKAGE------------------------------------PRICE

Tim-----PREMIUM BEVERAGE PACKAGE SPECIAL OFFER----- $507.00 USD

Kathy---PREMIUM BEVERAGE PACKAGE SPECIAL OFFER----- $507.00 USD

*Service Charge $182.52 USD

TOTAL $1,196.52 USD

Tim

Same cruise, same package, same everything.

Cruise: 13 Night Barcelona To Florida Cruise

Ship Name: Harmony Of The Seas

Date of Departure: 23-Oct-2016

Departing From: Barcelona, Spain

Below you will find a brief description of the items you have reserved.

BEVERAGE PACKAGES

Premium Beverage Package Special Offer

Total Cost*: 1202.76 USD

Go figure. Better yet RCCI IT Department should go figure. Re-figure. And then have someone check their work. TWICE!

For our IOS cruise in February.

Premium $271.40 including gratuities for 5 nights

Ultimate $283.20 including gratuities for 5 nights

Select isn't listed as an option anymore.

Edited by dcgrumpy

At those prices, there's really no need for Premium either.

At those prices, there's really no need for Premium either.

On our Anthem cruise next March, the Select package is also nowhere to be seen in the cruise planner. And I also don't get the very very slight difference in price between the Ultimate and Premium.:confused:

dp