cruise documents question

dbncsuvet

Bonjour! We are getting super excited for our Burgundy and Provence cruise aboard Uniworld's SS Catherine in 3 weeks but alas, our cruise documents have not arrived yet! I am starting to get worried because the cruise companion from Uniworld says they are supposed to arrive 21-30 days ahead of the departure date. We reach 21 days tomorrow and still have not gotten them! We paid in full last year and I have completed both of our passenger information forms. I almost forgot to do my husband's because he didn't have his passport yet when we booked, but my travel agent reminded me in March so it has been completed for 2 months now.

Has anyone else received their documents from Uniworld less than 21 days out from the cruise or should I be worried?

Thanks for helping me get some peace of mind (I hope...)!

Bonjour! We are getting super excited for our Burgundy and Provence cruise aboard Uniworld's SS Catherine in 3 weeks but alas, our cruise documents have not arrived yet! I am starting to get worried because the cruise companion from Uniworld says they are supposed to arrive 21-30 days ahead of the departure date. We reach 21 days tomorrow and still have not gotten them! We paid in full last year and I have completed both of our passenger information forms. I almost forgot to do my husband's because he didn't have his passport yet when we booked, but my travel agent reminded me in March so it has been completed for 2 months now.

Has anyone else received their documents from Uniworld less than 21 days out from the cruise or should I be worried?

Thanks for helping me get some peace of mind (I hope...)!

For your own peace of mind, why not call them and ask. They are probably in the mail, but I know how excited you must be to have them in your hot little hands!

Cole

Before our first Uniworld cruise, I emailed our TA two weeks out when we'd yet to receive the documents, and she quickly contacted Uniworld and had them overnight them to us. Uniworld swore they sent them, but we never received them (the first time). They arrived in a couple days and all was well.

For our last trip, we had them about three weeks in advance.

Thanks so much for the replies! I called Uniworld and they said they were delivered to our travel agency. I emailed our TA to see when they would be sent to us. I think all is good!

I also got mine from my TA. Uniworld sends them to the TA to check, and then the TA forwards to the passengers. Glad you can cross this off your pre-cruise to do list.

Roz

Avalon does the same thing...sends them to you TA to be forwarded to you. Because we are leaving well before our trip, my TA is tracking to make sure I get them before we leave Oahu.

dbncsuvet, can't believe your cruise is almost here...you signed up for it so long ago! I think way back when I was posting my "Live From" blog from SS Catherine over a year ago, you were already signed up...

For our River Beatrice cruise, we got our documents 3/24 for a 4/10 sailing. A little less than 3 weeks from departure - more like 2-1/2 weeks. But you're already taking care of that by contacting your TA.

Enjoy your cruise and looking forward to hearing how much fun you had - I am assuming that you'll have a great trip. :D

Uniworld will send multiple documents. We have a cruise beginning on 5/22. I notified our TA on 4/22 that we would be making our annual pilgrimage to our summer house on 4/28 so if Uniworld hadn't already sent us our documentation, they should mail it to our summer house. The TA confirmed with Uniworld that they would do so since they hadn't yet mailed the documentation to the TA. We arrived here on 4/29 and had a set of documents mailed directly from Uniworld and another set forwarded from our TA. The moral of this story is that Uniworld isn't always on top of things and that it is better to receive 2 sets of documentation (2 additional luggage tags :D) than no documentation.

My DB and SIL (traveling with us and using the same TA) received their documentation on 4/29 but her mom (also traveling with us) who lives in the same town didn't receive her's until 4/30. Sometime there is little rhyme or reason.

Edited by capriccio

Thanks for the suggestion capriccio. I will wait to hear back from my TA and if she isn't sure of the whereabouts of the documents, I will see if uniworld can send us some directly.