Sun hitting our cabin NCL Epic 12th deck starboard

We are off on our Epic cruise later this month(May 22nd) embarking from Barcelona and it kicks off with the two days at sea before arriving at Naples.

I have spoken to a neighbour of mine and was looking for confirmation on what he was saying about his cabin balcony that being an odd number on the 12th deck the balcony received a lot of sun during these first two days.He went late April this year.

Coincidentally we are on the 12th deck and also have an order number cabin which from the deck plan shows that we are on the starboard side to the front.

It would be ideal if this is the case as I see from some reviews that the pool areas can be crowded, no doubt when the sun is out.

So if anyone has sailed in late may on this route and occupied this type of cabin, let me know

Many thanks, niddrycastle

We are off on our Epic cruise later this month(May 22nd) embarking from Barcelona and it kicks off with the two days at sea before arriving at Naples.

I have spoken to a neighbour of mine and was looking for confirmation on what he was saying about his cabin balcony that being an odd number on the 12th deck the balcony received a lot of sun during these first two days.He went late April this year.

Coincidentally we are on the 12th deck and also have an order number cabin which from the deck plan shows that we are on the starboard side to the front.

It would be ideal if this is the case as I see from some reviews that the pool areas can be crowded, no doubt when the sun is out.

So if anyone has sailed in late may on this route and occupied this type of cabin, let me know

Many thanks, niddrycastle

I was in an odd numbered 11th deck balcony cabin midship on 17th and 18th April (and May will be that much warmer). I am not sure what direction the sun was coming from but it was very nice on the balcony during the day. I certainly did not have to go looking for space on the pool area.

We could not use the balcony during the evening as it was blowing a gale, but I think your dates may make that a possibility.

May is a lovely time to be in the Med area, warm but not too hot to be out and about. I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

We are also on this cruise. :D We have an aft, port side corner on deck 12.

The pool is crowded, but we always find a nice quiet area to chill out in a deck lounger. :p

So jazzed about this up coming cruise. First time on the west coast of Italy and France.

See you onboard!!! :cool:

We are also on this cruise. :D We have an aft, port side corner on deck 12.

The pool is crowded, but we always find a nice quiet area to chill out in a deck lounger. :p

So jazzed about this up coming cruise. First time on the west coast of Italy and France.

See you onboard!!! :cool:

If you are really longing for a swim and do a DIY to Rome, you can have a dip on the way back to the ship from Civitavecchia or alternatively Cannes is a great stop for a swim - if you do not want to pay for the day at the private beach clubs there is a public beach just beside the building where they hold the film festival. It was a bit chilly for us in April, but later on in the year I am sure that it will be great.

I just disembarked today in Rome. Was in 12221. Sea day was very cloudy and windy so hard to speak to it. We had no complaints over the course of the cruise related to sunlight. More the merrier.

I am also on this sailing from Barcelona 22 May, one week today!

I have a Balcony midship deck 14 on the Odd number side so will be good for sunlight if this is how it works on Sea day.

I am from uk and I am wondering what electronic plug types are in the cabin? I need to take adapter I am sure, is it US plug or a mixture?

I am from uk and I am wondering what electronic plug types are in the cabin? I need to take adapter I am sure, is it US plug or a mixture?

There are both in the cabins. See you soon.:cool:

No UK plugs, only EU and US.