What soft drinks are free?

English Tim

"But again..it is a good deal if you drink more than two sodas a day

========================================================

I thought sodas purchased individually were $1.25 (?)

If so, then a soda card is a good deal only for those who drink 4 or more a day. Am I missing something about the size of the purchased ones? Can vs. fountain?

We're on a 10-day cruise over the holidays, and while I'm sure the kids will down 4 or more on the three sea days, I'm doubtful they will on port days.

This isn't quite related to soda cards, but are there "alcohol cards" that you can buy that get you a certain number of drinks for one price?

I seem to have heard something about this either on other cruise lines or maybe it has been discontinued, but it seems to me that there was something on cruise ships that is like the "super" all-inclusive shore resorts that include alcoholic beverages in the price.

Don't know about Princess, but on some lines you can buy prepaid drink cards for like $19. I've never done it, but getting much savings seems to depend on picking the right drinks and/or finding a bartender that will accept them for drinks more expensive than they are supposed to.

Some lines have alcohol included (Seaborne comes to mind), but the fares are significantly higher. Supposedly for very large groups and/or when the ship is chartered, alcohol can be included. I'm confident that this is not cheap. In that case, the lines at least get an average drinker. If they offered an individual card, they'd get all those people who have $700 bar bills, and no one like me who has a $50 bar bill after 7 days. :eek:

I thought sodas purchased individually were $1.25 (?)

If so, then a soda card is a good deal only for those who drink 4 or more a day. Am I missing something about the size of the purchased ones? Can vs. fountain?

We're on a 10-day cruise over the holidays, and while I'm sure the kids will down 4 or more on the three sea days, I'm doubtful they will on port days.

I think cans are $1.50 plus 15%. Princess has a 6 for 5 "soda package" deal on the website for $9.50 which works out to $1.90 (or something like $1.65 plus "tip") :confused:

20oz bottles are more... probably $2 or $2.50.

With the card, you should be able to get a large glass though I don't know how much that would cost outright. Really, if it's close in cost this is a convienence thing: walk up and get a soda and/or the waiter at dinner just brings it, rather than dealing with processing the card. With all the sea days it is a bit of a tossup. Then again, if they just have the equivalent of 2 soda at dinner that comes close to the cost of the card for that day... :D

Thanks! I knew they had them on our RCCL cruise, but we were never approached. It was probably the ONLY thing we weren't approached to buy. :) Didn't have the kids with us, so no big deal. Just needed to know if I needed to go find them when we board the Island. ;)

I've never heard of an all the alcohol you can drink card. But they do have a drink of the day at a reduced price and sometimes run two for one specials (as I recall this is usually on bloody mary's).

I think the soda cards also come with a insulted coca cola container.

Hi

We were on the CB 10-8, there is no soda in the shops, only booze. The coke card is a joke. If you were rolling on the floor dying of thirst you could not get a drink...On 4 different occasions, I ordered a soda and never saw the server again. I tipped anyone who brought me a soda and that still did not work. In the buffets it was hard to get one, impossible to get a refill. I am glad we took 2 12 packs on board with us...

Archived