Beaches near Cannes port ?

byvictoria

We are docking in Cannes on 20th May, myself and young son (11 years) and have agreed we would like to spend some time on beach after walking around Cannes. We would prefer a private beach and somewhere we can get snacks, have tried the Carlton as we fancied some luxury however the beach is reserved for residents only that week due to the film festival - can anyone advise of any other private beaches nearby ? Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you walk to the right of the tender station in Cannes i.e. with the sea on your right hand side (along the Boulevard de la Croisette) you will come to a public beach followed by a row of private beach clubs. We have only ever used the public beach - which is fine - so can't recommend a beach club. However, I would say that if the film festival is on it is quite possible that they will all be taken over for private functions.

Edited by Bobal

Echo Bobal's post above - the public beach as mentioned is a good one - lovely soft sand and very convenient. No need for a private beach which will probably be booked out for the film festival by PR and private companies. They all will probably be busy at this time.

If you walk to the right of the tender station in Cannes i.e. with the sea on your right hand side (along the Boulevard de la Croisette) you will come to a public beach followed by a row of private beach clubs. We have only ever used the public beach - which is fine - so can't recommend a beach club. However, I would say that if the film festival is on it is quite possible that they will all be taken over for private functions.

There was also a public beach at the end of the La Croisette promenade, past the private beaches. We used that before we found the one under the film festival building. We did not feel the need to pay to go in the private beach clubs.

I have booked vegaluna for next week it's 15 euro per sunbed but you also have to eat lunch there not sure what it includes but sunbed parasol wifi and kids swings

Since the issue of public beaches has been mentioned we should mention the Plage du Midi which is located a short walk from the tender pier (just keep the water on your left as you leave the parking lot). This is our personal "go to" beach whenever we stay in Cannes...although chair rentals are hit or miss (there are times when there are none). But we will often just toss down a towel (or blanket) and enjoy this nice beach. There are many decent eating venues close to this beach...which also is a good thing :).

And regarding the topless bathing issue, one must realize that the Europeans do not have the body hang-ups we have in the USA. In many countries (such as Greece, France and Italy) you can find topless sun bathers on almost any beach. This is no exception when in Cannes. DW reminds me that an old British friend of ours (very prim and proper) would have been to first to shed her top in places like Cannes (although she preferred Rhodes, Greece).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

• 2 weeks later...
I have booked vegaluna for next week it's 15 euro per sunbed but you also have to eat lunch there not sure what it includes but sunbed parasol wifi and kids swings

We are on the Epic next month and want a beach day in Cannes as well. Do you know how far from the cruise port Vegaluna is? Just wondering if it's walkable.

We are on the Epic next month and want a beach day in Cannes as well. Do you know how far from the cruise port Vegaluna is? Just wondering if it's walkable.

It would be approximately a 1 mile walk, and its actually an easy stroll. Just walk towards the center of town (keeping the water/marina on your right, turn right when you onto the Promanade (once you pass the Marina) and keep walking.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

So how was it?