Is it to early, or should I be worried?

WholeNewWorld

Hi! I'm new here, so sorry if this is a repeat question. (I did search a little)

DH and I are on the wc for 2018. I looked around the website a bit to get a feel for possible excursions, and found at least half the stops said "Please be advised that due to a lack of tourist infrastructure in this destination, organized tours will not be available."

I'm not sure if it is still a bit early for them to be listed, or if nothing will be offered at half the stops?

Any thoughts or help would be great.

I have been to nearly all those ports on two world cruises on another line, and there may be only a handful of ports on your itinerary that may not have the infrastructure to handle tours. My guess is that you're looking for tours far too early for a cruise in 2018. Handling details for a world cruise takes a lot of time, and I would bet that Oceania may still be working on the 2017 WC. Wait a few months before looking for ship tours.

You could always check the ports for the 2017 RTW cruise I will bet the tours will be the same of very similar

or check the Roll calls for the 2016 & 2017 RTW cruises to see what others have arranged

look at the current blogs of the RTW passengers that will also give you some insight into what tours may be worth considering or passing on

2 threads are in this forum

Edited by LHT28

When we booked the 2017 RTW, I asked the 2015 and 2016 roll call participants if someone would send me the pdf files for their excursions -- I seldom book a ship's shore ex, but find the pdf is a good resource to figure out what options there might be for me to consider a private tour or DIY in port. I also find the pdf to be easier than using the online list.

The official shore ex pdf for the 2017 RTW is not available yet, and checking online I still find the "infrastructure" statement for some ports where it doesn't make sense. But if you want to drop me an email, I will be happy to send you the pdf when I get it.