Celebrity - Dining in Sky Suite

bertrande

We are on a 14-night cruise in February. While we sail in a Sky Suite, my inlaws are in a balcony. There are days when we will arrive back in port late. Are we able to order-in from the MDR in our suite for all 6 of us, even though only 3 are in the Sky Suite?

For the three of us in the S2, if we ordered room service (not necessarily from the MDR but it could be, depending on DH's appetite) early, say at 6pm, and then at 8pm he gets hungry again, are we able to stop by at Luminae? Conversely, if we had an early dinner in the Luminae, will we be able to order from the MDR again later on if DH or DD is still hungry?

Thanks!!

You can order from the MDR menu for all 6 of you but there really isn't space for 6 to eat in a Sky Suite. The table on the balcony is good for 2 and doable but cramped for 3. Sky suites don't have any dining table only a small cocktail table by the sofa and someone could sit at the vanity area.

I'm sure you could have dinner in Luminae and later order room service or the other way around. I'm not sure how late you can order from the MDR menu via room service but would think 9-9:30 would be about the latest to get the MDR menu.

We are on a 14-night cruise in February. While we sail in a Sky Suite, my inlaws are in a balcony. There are days when we will arrive back in port late. Are we able to order-in from the MDR in our suite for all 6 of us, even though only 3 are in the Sky Suite?

For the three of us in the S2, if we ordered room service (not necessarily from the MDR but it could be, depending on DH's appetite) early, say at 6pm, and then at 8pm he gets hungry again, are we able to stop by at Luminae? Conversely, if we had an early dinner in the Luminae, will we be able to order from the MDR again later on if DH or DD is still hungry?

Thanks!!

In room dining is available to all cabin categories from insides to the highest suites. It comes from the MDR menu, not Blu or Luminae.

Is there a charge for meals ordered in room by suite occupants?

No charge for room service suite or not. I believe there is a charge for late night orders; eg after 12am but not positive.

Is there a charge for meals ordered in room by suite occupants?

According to the menus I saw posted on Cruise Critic yesterday, there is a charge for all staterooms and suites for room service between 11pm and 6am. There are also premium room service menu which attract an additional charge. Otherwise, there is no charge for anyone ordering room service.

Thanks!!

At about 4pm your butler will call at your room with little sandwiches, cakes and cookies and of course your afternoon tea. Most people find eating some of this great as a 'snack' before a rest and then getting ready for the evening. I don't know if your butler would be willing to provide extra for your the rest of your family....It would still be a squeeze in your suite. Alternatively there is a really nice afternoon tea selection in the buffet and the buffet at that time is really quiet, you could simply all snack there!

Yes, you could order room service and then go for a meal or reverse but I honestly think that is just too much food....if you go to Luminae after some room service food only a couple of hours earlier you will not do it justice! Most nights we ate in Luminae I had to stop eating part way through my main meal, even if I was enjoying it, just to save space for desert!

Enjoy your cruise

The butler will do a set-up for a party if you ask him (and of course a nice tip is really good). We met some couples pre-cruise once, on a Roll Call excursion in Barcelona, and we all bought some wine and cava to take on board. We agreed to have our own little wine party in our cabin, an S1 sky suite (Equinox).

The day of our party (which we set at 4 pm) we went to lunch and the butler set up the room. He moved a couple tables and draped them beautifully with cloths and set up wine glasses, our bottles of wine, and brought in some more flowers. Right before 4 pm he came with trays of shrimp, dried fruits and nuts, cheese and crackers and grapes and a few other things! It was great. There were 8 of us in the cabin and it was kind of tight, but we mostly hung out on the balcony (also tight with 8) but had a great time with some new friends.

So the short answer is yes the butler will bring food for your friends too. You don't have to have it fancy like he did for us, but just some extra food, sure. It's always a great idea to tip for services like this, and if I recall we gave our butler $60 for doing this party. There was no charge for the food but his set-up and the time he took to do it and his little touches were great and worth a tip.

No charge for room service suite or not. I believe there is a charge for late night orders; eg after 12am but not positive.

No late night charges for suites but there are for other lower categories

At about 4pm your butler will call at your room with little sandwiches, cakes and cookies and of course your afternoon tea. Most people find eating some of this great as a 'snack' before a rest and then getting ready for the evening. I don't know if your butler would be willing to provide extra for your the rest of your family....It would still be a squeeze in your suite. Alternatively there is a really nice afternoon tea selection in the buffet and the buffet at that time is really quiet, you could simply all snack there!

Yes, you could order room service and then go for a meal or reverse but I honestly think that is just too much food....if you go to Luminae after some room service food only a couple of hours earlier you will not do it justice! Most nights we ate in Luminae I had to stop eating part way through my main meal, even if I was enjoying it, just to save space for desert!

Enjoy your cruise

I didn't realise there was this 4pm snack time. Made my question irrelevant as I am sure even DH with his eating prowess can't eat THREE meals in 5 hours :p

I didn't realise there was this 4pm snack time. Made my question irrelevant as I am sure even DH with his eating prowess can't eat THREE meals in 5 hours :p

One of the perks for suite guests, served in your room. Your butler will park the 'trolley' for 'afternoon tea' at your door and let you choose...speak to him on boarding re other family members...

Sincere best wishes for a great cruise!

One of the perks for suite guests, served in your room. Your butler will park the 'trolley' for 'afternoon tea' at your door and let you choose...speak to him on boarding re other family members...

Sincere best wishes for a great cruise!

Thank you! Will speak to the butler - totally new to the suites experience hence still navigating around it!