Sydney Airport - OPT transfers

Hi guys,

Do Princess offer airport transfers in Sydney? If so, do you happen to know how much they are?

For some reason, despite my address being Brisbane, Princess insists on showing my nearest airport as Sydney, and they have therefore determined in their ultimate wisdom that I do not require flights or airport transfers! :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

Do Princess offer airport transfers in Sydney? If so, do you happen to know how much they are?

For some reason, despite my address being Brisbane, Princess insists on showing my nearest airport as Sydney, and they have therefore determined in their ultimate wisdom that I do not require flights or airport transfers! :rolleyes:

Last cruise, Oct-Nov last year $20 each (read somewhere between $19 and $22).

More than two of you Taxi will be less.

If going from OPT train to Circular Quay and walk.

Last cruise, Oct-Nov last year $20 each (read somewhere between $19 and $22).

More than two of you Taxi will be less.

If going from OPT train to Circular Quay and walk.

Thanks for the valuable info GUT. My parents (in their 80s) are travelling in my group so that cancels out train/walk I think - well that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :D.

Thanks for the valuable info GUT. My parents (in their 80s) are travelling in my group so that cancels out train/walk I think - well that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :D.

Taxi will win then.

Thanks everyone. I've got 4 people to transport from the airport to the OPT and 6 people on the way back. (No, we're not picking up strangers on board... 4 of us are doing a B2B and the other two are just doing the latter cruise).

I think we can get a private minibus transfer for the return trip, instead of 2 taxis. We're taking an early flight home at 10am, and I'm thinking that I could book the pickup at the ship for about 8am as it's a weekend so I'm predicting less traffic. Princess allow flights booked from 9.30am.

How smooth is the disembarkation process these days?

I would be very stressed if I had a 10am flight. Only takes a pickup or traffic problem and you would not make it in time.:eek: Even ticking flight departure time on your demarcation form would not guarantee you getting there in time. Can you change to a later flight time?

Thanks everyone. I've got 4 people to transport from the airport to the OPT and 6 people on the way back. (No, we're not picking up strangers on board... 4 of us are doing a B2B and the other two are just doing the latter cruise).

I think we can get a private minibus transfer for the return trip, instead of 2 taxis. We're taking an early flight home at 10am, and I'm thinking that I could book the pickup at the ship for about 8am as it's a weekend so I'm predicting less traffic. Princess allow flights booked from 9.30am.

How smooth is the disembarkation process these days?

a 10am flight would be cutting it fine, you hope you can disembark at 8am, it is doable but as long as you dont have any stragglers in your group and if you do self assist but you have to handle your luggage yourself with no help from the crew

princess allows three & half hours after the ship has docked to catch flights

Edited by rkmw

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get from ship to shore ie. through customs etc? Of course assuming nothing declare and no searches etc... If I was in a 7.15 disembarkation group, would I be off the ship at 8am?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

The time you get off the ship depends on how luggage is going. Sometimes they're ahead of they're expected time, and sometimes behind.

Assuming on time, you should be off at 7:15. It's then a matter of getting your luggage and going through Border Force. It generally shouldn't be quite as busy at that time. If so, you may well clear Border force by about 7:45, but actual times will be quite variable as it depends on capacity, number of people, how many issues there are and so on.

From there, it's just a matter of getting your transport.

The issue is the limited contingency allowed in case of issues, not the time if everything goes smoothly.

Even if your ship docks on time and you get off with the first group you are cutting it extremely fine.

Sydney airport traffic at the moment is horrendous.

You need to check in at airport 1 hr before = 9 am latest then battle your way through Security which can take 15 to 30 minutes and finally walk miles to your flight if its one of the end gates.

Not for me. Just had a nice cruise only to stress out getting to my flight on time.

Why do you need to take a 10 am flight? I would delay to 11 am earliest, as others have suggested.

Couldn't cope with that.We usually are last off the ship,we grab breakfast,and then a coffee and sit on the promenade deck watching everyone hurrying and scurrying off,then go get another coffee,still sit there and then right at the end,stroll off with our carry-ons,stroll through customs where they ask us anything to declare and we say yes,and you can visibly watch their shoulders drop,and they just wave us through.Then its off to the airport hotel,for a sleep,drinks,dinner and flight the next morning.Total extra cost $150 for an extra hotel/night.No stress,no drama,no problems.:):)

We like a leisurely breakfast when we can.

Last two cruises hasn't been possible.

1. daughters graduation in Canberra day we disembarked.

2. A funeral in Newcastle at noon.

So we did walk-off on one and I did a runner on the other to get the car while Mrs Gut got the bags, if you insist on a 10:00 flight that's your best bet, self disembark.

Although potentially cutting it fine, with a 7:15 disembarkation group, I would be satisfied with a 10am flight.

As far as check in for your flights, prepare yourselves with the reservation numbers and check in online prior to heading to the airport. That way you only need to go to bag drop. It eliminates standing in a check in queue for no reason.

I believe bag drop will close 45 minutes prior to your flight departure time depending on the airline. You haven't mentioned which airline so perhaps just double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our last cruise, husbands work wanted him back straight away, so booked him on 10:30 flight. We arranged at Sydney Airport before we left for our cruise, for a shuttle service to be there for 8am. Thankfully we docked on time, he was first off and through customs straight away. The shuttle was there, didn't wait for a full van (WOW!) and he was at the airport before 9.

The shuttle company was Ready 2 Go. I don't know how they would compare with a taxi, but worth asking them for a private-just the 6 of you- to leave straight away.

Although potentially cutting it fine, with a 7:15 disembarkation group, I would be satisfied with a 10am flight.

As far as check in for your flights, prepare yourselves with the reservation numbers and check in online prior to heading to the airport. That way you only need to go to bag drop. It eliminates standing in a check in queue for no reason.

I believe bag drop will close 45 minutes prior to your flight departure time depending on the airline. You haven't mentioned which airline so perhaps just double check.

The check in queu is now actually shorter than the bag drop line. Again why create stressful situations.

Thanks for your reply Tazza. Yes, I think I can make this work. No, it's not ideal but my son needs to be back in Brisbane by midday (fortunately we pick up an hour going home because of daylight saving). We're flying Qantas, so technically bag drop closes 30 mins before flight, but I'd like to have more time up my sleeve than that to get through security and to the gate of course.

Without any lengthy unforeseen delays we should get there around 9am... otherwise we might be walking home :eek:.

On our last cruise, husbands work wanted him back straight away, so booked him on 10:30 flight. We arranged at Sydney Airport before we left for our cruise, for a shuttle service to be there for 8am. Thankfully we docked on time, he was first off and through customs straight away. The shuttle was there, didn't wait for a full van (WOW!) and he was at the airport before 9.

The shuttle company was Ready 2 Go. I don't know how they would compare with a taxi, but worth asking them for a private-just the 6 of you- to leave straight away.

Hi USAHoliday,

I have already checked out the shuttle company you've suggested and I can book a private transfer with them for less than I would pay for 2 taxis, so that's what I intend to do. Thanks for recommending their service - I'm going to book them for 8am - and if we can't drive to the airport by 9.30am, then nobody else can either! Princess Air are allowing their flight bookings on the 9.30am flight so, finger's crossed, things will go smoothly.

Thanks again :).

Edited by mum and son