Snorkeling with turtles

cruisingfromclt

That's funny because that's the same thing I noticed when we were looking at the menu. Yes, the drinks only showed local currency and was half that price in US. :)

Nope, no extra charge for the boat ride out to the turtles. It's all included in the $20 admission. $20 admission per person and you get a chair, umbrella, free welcome drink and free trip out to swim with the turtles. :D

Your post says that the $20 includes the trip to see the turtles. Other peolpe have said that vendors come buy selling trips. I'm confused?

Sometime last year Boatyard (and others?) started including the snorkel/turtle tour - and at least the Boatyard bumped their admission form $15 to $20. Prior to that - we were there in Feb 2016 - you had to pay a beach vendor for the ride out to the shipwreck and to swim with the turtles.

Check the dates of the reviews to understand the differences being reported.

I am confused. People have said that it costs $20 pp to get in the Boatyard and that gets you a drink, chair and umbrellas. The vendors will come around and offer to take you on a boat ride for $20 pp. You said it is included. I am confused?

Your post says that the $20 includes the trip to see the turtles. Other peolpe have said that vendors come buy selling trips. I'm confused?

Yes, the $20 you pay for admission to the Boatyard (with the drink, umbrella, chairs and free ride back to the ship) includes the trip with THEM out to snorkel with the turtles.

Other places on the beach, there will be vendors soliciting to take people out to swim with the turtles for $20. If you go with them, they also take you to snorkel over by the shipwreck as well is what everyone says.

• 3 weeks later...

We did a catamarin sail with Silver Moon and had a fantastic time last week.

The weather was very windy so we had to go where all the boats were going to swim with the turtles, but the boats spread out so keep the water less crowded.

We had a fantastic day on a lovely catamarin. The drinks were flowing freely and the buffet lunch was delicious and plenty of it. Also a very clean toilet that worked!

It was a very relaxing way to spend our day in Barbados when we had already explored the island on a previous trip.

• 1 month later...

We go with Barbados Skipper Vance Tours every year since 2006 that we get to Barbados and he takes you in an exclusively private small walk around boat , 6 maximum and goes from South to North , knows how to call the turtles and is very entertaining with his local knowledge of the waters and history of Barbados and his Thai wife sends along wonderful snacks and drinks are abundant . We feed the turtles and swim with them , sunbathe listen to great music ,as he himself is a musician /guitar player and has the best tunes . We highly recommend Skipper Vance Tours