Tips on What to Do In Curacao

vacationlady

I just recently did a post on What to do in Curacao on my blog. We stayed in Curacao for a week after visiting from a cruise ship. When we visited we only stayed in town and missed seeing Curacao. Renting a car and driving around the islands to the different beaches and eating with the locals is worth your time for your day on the island. The island is one of the friendliest I have visited. There are also posts on the different beaches we visited and places to eat in Curacao (you can walk to from the cruise ship). I hope this helps in your planning when visiting Curacao.

http://winenchocolate.com/things-to-do-in-curacao/

Thank you for the review. Pictures are great. Where did you stay and where did you dine on your trip? Did you go to Fort Nassau?

We lived in Curacao and have been back twice by cruise ship. It is our favorite Caribbean island. So nice and friendly and so much to do.

Thank you for the review. Pictures are great. Where did you stay and where did you dine on your trip? Did you go to Fort Nassau?

We lived in Curacao and have been back twice by cruise ship. It is our favorite Caribbean island. So nice and friendly and so much to do.

Cruiseapril - you lived in my dream location! I would love to know more about living there!

As Curacao is so international, it was very interesting meeting people from all over the world! We found people friendly- we learned some Spanish for better communication and learned some Papiamento also - and some Dutch words.

Being from New England, the climate change was important. We enjoyed the beach and snorkeling- but after two years, we were glad to return to "seasons." (However, we still love the Caribbean area and have cruised many times in order to enjoy the warmth and beaches there after a long Maine winter!)

We were fortunate to have been able to travel a bit while in Curacao- went to Aruba and Bonaire, the Dominican Republic and Haiti and to Puerto Rico (where we had visited previously.)

As Curacao is so international, it was very interesting meeting people from all over the world! We found people friendly- we learned some Spanish for better communication and learned some Papiamento also - and some Dutch words.

Being from New England, the climate change was important. We enjoyed the beach and snorkeling- but after two years, we were glad to return to "seasons." (However, we still love the Caribbean area and have cruised many times in order to enjoy the warmth and beaches there after a long Maine winter!)

We were fortunate to have been able to travel a bit while in Curacao- went to Aruba and Bonaire, the Dominican Republic and Haiti and to Puerto Rico (where we had visited previously.)

Thanks CruiseApril! We want to move to Curacao soon -

Just a hint for those that rent cars and drive to the more isolated places. We always leave at least one window open and do not lock the car. We obviously do not leave anything in the car. Accordingly, we have never had a car window broken :).

Hank

We stayed at the Marriott and loved it. It was a great location and really nice beach.

We ate at Plasa Bieu, Pops Place, Jaanchies and Pirate Bay Beach Bar just to name a few places. All the food was good, and when I go back I want to try more places.

The best smoothies were from the truck near Plasa Bieu for $3 it is a steal, especially when they give you the extra.

It is an island I will definitely return to.