Infinity Sky Suite - Which is Best 6100, 6102 or 6129

hnet999

6102 is against a Celebrity Suite so their balcony cuts the view a little.

6100 seems identical cabin but better view

(^ both Starboard)

or 6129 Port

Any suggestions, I think I have my choice.

Thanks

(^ both Starboard)

or 6129 Port

Thanks

Although my wife and I have never been in any of the staterooms you mentioned, everything I have read about suggests booking 6145 or 6146. These 2 Sky Suites (S1) are next to the Penthouse Suites (PS) and have the same décor as the PS (including dark paneling like the famous ocean liners of days gone by), are larger then normal S1, and the bathrooms are simply amazing, separate shower, tub and 2 sinks! I have also heard that the service should be nothing less than exceptional since these S1 share the same PS butler, room steward, etc.

I have also heard that since these 2 S1 staterooms have connecting doors to the PS, sometimes the PS passengers will invite the S1 passengers next to them to their PS parties. Wouldn't that be a big plus!!! However, since the PS have a baby grand which is positioned next to the connecting door it could lead to some noise issues...especially if kids are involved. Ones who like to bang the keys:eek:!! Nevertheless, we have booked 6146 on the Infinity for its 9/3/17 Alaska sailing:D.

Below is a You Tube web address for a video of 6145 on the Summit (Infinity's sister ship):

Bob

Edited by kennelgang

(^ both Starboard)

or 6129 Port

Thanks

We've stayed in the Celebrity Suite next to 6102 - that would be my last choice due to people in the CS being able to look into your verandah and even a bit into your cabin. Edit: apparently privacy is less of an issue since they frosted most of the window that used to overlook 6102 BUT you still won't be able to see around the hump and from what I've read, people still can see onto 6102's verandah, although it's blocked a lot more than it used to be.

In either 6100 or 6129, you're view will be cut somewhat (CS hump blocks your aft view in 6100 and the angle of 6131 will cut your aft view in 6129). That said, I think either one would be fine. You should definitely check what's below each of these cabins on Deck 5 to see if that poses a potential issue for you though.

Hope that helps.

Edited by zelker

Although my wife and I have never been in any of the staterooms you mentioned, everything I have read about suggests booking 6145 or 6146. These 2 Sky Suites (S1) are next to the Penthouse Suites (PS) and have the same décor as the PS (including dark paneling like the famous ocean liners of days gone by), are larger then normal S1, and the bathrooms are simply amazing, separate shower, tub and 2 sinks! I have also heard that the service should be nothing less than exceptional since these S1 share the same PS butler, room steward, etc.

We were lucky to book 6145 on the Summit to Bermuda back in 2014... and just had 6146 on the Infinity for its recent Pacific Coastal Cruise. Everything you said in your post is true; it was a tremendous room and definitely the best Sky Suites on the M-Class ships. Service was top notch because both are serviced by the Head Butler!

However, since the PS have a baby grand which is positioned next to the connecting door it could lead to some noise issues...especially if kids are involved. Ones who like to bang the keys!

YES! For our recent Infinity cruise, we had awful tenants in the PS. They were nice enough whenever we saw them on deck and the kids were always well behaved in public, but were pure little spoiled hellions in their room. We were awakened EVERY morning by the kids banging on the piano at just before 7:00 AM. I really wish the cover for the piano keys could be auto-locked or something before 8:00 AM or so. They also screamed at each other at other times and the parents never intervened. We never made an issue of it, because with the exception of the two sea days, we were getting up anyway. We joked about not needing to set an alarm, but we did anyway just to be safe!

We were lucky to book 6145 on the Summit to Bermuda back in 2014... and just had 6146 on the Infinity for its recent Pacific Coastal Cruise.

These ARE the very best SS's on the ship!! We stayed in 6145 on Infinity and absolutely loved it. The bathroom alone is to die for. The balcony is very large, with a large table, 4 chairs, 2 loungers and 2 reclining chairs with footstools. Hanging storage is a bit skimpy but plenty of drawers. Very quiet location in aft. We spent alot of time in the cabin/balcony because we had 9 sea days and even ate many breakfasts on the balcony and several other meals in the room.

YES! For our recent Infinity cruise, we had awful tenants in the PS. They were nice enough whenever we saw them on deck and the kids were always well behaved in public, but were pure little spoiled hellions in their room. We were awakened EVERY morning by the kids banging on the piano at just before 7:00 AM. I really wish the cover for the piano keys could be auto-locked or something before 8:00 AM or so. They also screamed at each other at other times and the parents never intervened. We never made an issue of it, because with the exception of the two sea days, we were getting up anyway. We joked about not needing to set an alarm, but we did anyway just to be safe!

That situation was our fear, but we were next to a couple who were so quiet we weren't sure they were ever in the suite.

Thank you all for the advice, of the choices we had (6100,6102 and 6129) we chose 6100. Would REALLY LOVE if a miracle happens and we can get one of those SS next the the PH. But any Sky Suite on an Alaskan cruise can't be too bad, can it? So I will wish for better, but be very please with what we have. Thanks

Oca rep

I know which family you are referring to in the penthouse suite.

I lived in mortal fear when they were invited to the helipad for sail away out of San Francisco. The littlest child, maybe 4 yrs old, was so close to the edge jumping around and parents were chatting with others. The railing on the helipad is very low and very open. The family also showed up for tour of the Bridge, apparently sane minds prevailed, and they quietly disappeared before entry. I think there are probably generic invitations for those events and no one picked up on age of family members

The family also showed up for tour of the Bridge, apparently sane minds prevailed, and they quietly disappeared before entry.

Yes... I noticed they appeared before the bridge tour, just before the security checks began, and we cringed. Not 100% sure what happened, but they did not stay long at all!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you all for the advice, of the choices we had (6100,6102 and 6129) we chose 6100. Would REALLY LOVE if a miracle happens and we can get one of those SS next the the PH. But any Sky Suite on an Alaskan cruise can't be too bad, can it? So I will wish for better, but be very please with what we have. Thanks

I know you've booked, but I just wanted to make sure that you saw 6100 listed in the "Sky Suite 1 (S1): Celebrity Infinity Cabin Reviews" where poster daveL01 mentions a possible problem with this cabin ;):

Cabin was large and after some repairs to the lights and shower very comfortable. The cabin was above a noisy air exhaust which ran 24hrs a day so a warning to others when booking cabins. It detracted from peacefully sitting outside.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-infinity-deck-plans/dp/sky-suite-1-s1/cc/

Though also note that review was from 2015, so hopefully has been fixed by now. :)

You should definitely check what's below each of these cabins on Deck 5 to see if that poses a potential issue for you though.

Also be sure and check lifeboat position - on the drag deck plans (where you can drag a deck over another deck to see what's below) it looks like maybe there is part of a lifeboat below this 6100 stateroom. I'm not sure how far the lifeboats come out on this ship, but you might not be able to look down directly to the water (if you wanted to). ;)

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Celebrity-Infinity&zoom=1

it looks like maybe there is part of a lifeboat below this 6100 stateroom. I'm not sure how far the lifeboats come out on this ship, but you might not be able to look down directly to the water (if you wanted to).

Thanks for doing that research, it is much appreciated.

I had seen the comments about the exhaust but that seemed before it's dry-dock, so hopefully it's fixed. (fingers crossed).

But I didn't think to check the layout of deck 5 underneath and it does seem that lifeboat is directly under 6100.

We had the choice of 6100 or 6102 and read that the CS right next to 6102 may cut into privacy so we chose 6100.

Theses are all small concerns as I would expect all suites to be pretty darn good and we are very fortunate to be in one. That being said, it would be nice to get the best one possible.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for doing that research, it is much appreciated.

I had seen the comments about the exhaust but that seemed before it's dry-dock, so hopefully it's fixed. (fingers crossed).

But I didn't think to check the layout of deck 5 underneath and it does seem that lifeboat is directly under 6100.

We had the choice of 6100 or 6102 and read that the CS right next to 6102 may cut into privacy so we chose 6100.

Theses are all small concerns as I would expect all suites to be pretty darn good and we are very fortunate to be in one. That being said, it would be nice to get the best one possible.

Thanks for your help.

I have seen the 6100 in a cabin crawl, also 6145/46.

6100 - beautiful lay out (photos available in my signature for Celebrity Constellation, "Photos" - then choose "Connie cabin crawl" gallery)

6145 - gorgeous bathroom, lovely balcony, but VERY skimpy on storage space (6100 has more). Depending on how much luggage you are bringing and how long your cruise is for - 6100 stores more!

IF I were to choose between 6100, 6102, and 6129 - I would definitely go for 6129. That far back to the aft, you will skip the chain of lifeboats below.

My second choice would be 6100 (gorgeous cabin!).

My last pick would be 6102 because of the hindered view from the Celebrity Suite.

Re: 6145/46 cabins - I had the choice between 6145 and 6127 on our next cruise. I "had" 6145 booked until my last cruise. On disembarkation day, we viewed a few cabins (SS 6145, a Royal, and a Celebrity). When I returned home, I switched out 6145 for 6127. Although the bathroom is gorgeous - the storage space was lacking and you could hear noise from the PH. We were in PH 6147 on that trip and on disembarkation, I asked Musician DH to play the piano to test if I could hear it in 6145 - the piano was "Clear as a Bell" !!! Apologies to our neighbours for the piano noise ...

Heather

Edited by hvbaskey
Additional Information

(^ both Starboard)

or 6129 Port

Thanks

I would take 6129. We don't like suites next to CS's

THANK YOU for those pictures!!!

I might be getting a bit greedy here, but is there a chance there might be a picture of the balcony?

Thanks

Edited by hnet999

• 1 year later...
THANK YOU for those pictures!!!

I might be getting a bit greedy here, but is there a chance there might be a picture of the balcony?

Thanks

Hi Did you end up in 6100 please? I am possibly about to book this cabin. Alaska Cruise, Seward to Vancouver, Thanks.