How much are photos on Carnival ships?

aquarion

One of the options for gifts is a $10 photo gift card.

Will this cover he price of a photo?

Thought it would make a nice gift for family celebrating milestone birthday.

Bring your camera.

Bring your camera.

Bingo!

Photos are a MAJOR profit center for cruise lines. I'm a photographer, I think I know about this.

That $20+ 8x10 photo costs about $1 to produce (materials only). Granted, this does not negate the need for pro photographers on the ship, especially for portraits or other situations. I am NOT anti-ship photography services.

But...

Get a decent digital camera, with a self-timer function (I think they all have them), then buy a small, light-weight tripod and stuff it in your suitcase. You'd be surprised what you can do!

Tripod aside, sometimes a willing passenger will gladly take the photo for you. Just hope they know how to compose the photo.

Then take your SD / CF card to Walgreens or similar after the cruise and get an 8X10 print for about $4. Smaller ones cost much less of course.

Then take your SD / CF card to Walgreens or similar after the cruise and get an 8X10 print for about $4. Smaller ones cost much less of course.

Walgreens about every 3 months has a free 8x10 promo. Even more often they do 50% off an 8x10. You'll save a fortune.

Plus I don't like the cruise photos. Why am I going to take a picture while on the ship with a picture of the ship behind me? I would rather take a real picture

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the input.

While I agree the photographs are overpriced, So are all the other gift options.

I was just looking for a gift option that was affordable.

But it appears that $10 will not even cover a small print.

Taking your own pictures is a great idea. As a gift option there is not much of anything under $20 dollars. You and send them a 6 in. cake that says Bon Voyage on it. Have it delivered to their cabin. I believe it is $9.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last week on Sunshine, most were 5 x 7 and were 15.00 each, there was one picture that was a tad smaller and it was 11.99. I paid ~$150.00 for 10 pictures. I would not have purchased any but they were with grandchildren and I may never get that opportunity again. Conversely, I came home and ordered 1077 4 x 6 prints, I took with my digital camera, for 102.00!

debbie

One of the options for gifts is a $10 photo gift card.

Will this cover he price of a photo?

Thought it would make a nice gift for family celebrating milestone birthday.

I think what I would do is give them Cruise Cash, then they could spend it on whatever they wanted.

I guess as with anything it is what you want to spend your money on. I do think the costs are pricey but that does not stop me from always buying the photo first getting on the ship and a few others and also many from my camera are developed for my scrapbook.