Boarded Adventure of the Seas today (5/28) for 7 night ABC cruise

Very hard not too. The last two cruises were on that ship and you get used to things working a certain way. The cruise is good overall but not great. Our early cruises were on voyager class ships so it feels familiar doing this one on AoS. The problems tend to stand more than the things that aren't

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing ticks me off more than reading reviews from people who do nothing but complain! I was on this ship for the April 30th sailing and it was, as I mentioned in my review, the best cruise I have been on to date! I read so many poor reviews of this ship before I left that I was almost convinced that the cruise was going to be horrible. But what I found was the most amazing staff, from the room attendants to the bartenders, and the most amazing service in the Main Dining Room by Aila and her assistant. I had breakfast in the MDR every morning and ordered off the menu. My breakfast was exceptional every day, with the eggs being cooked perfectly and delivered hot and fresh. The reason for eating breakfast in the MDR was because I don't particularly care for buffet dining, so I don't understand why someone would go to the MDR and choose to eat off the buffet. Anyone reading this guy's review, please take it with a grain of salt. Some people wouldn't be satisfied if you bowed down and kissed their feet! Oh, and in my opinion, the reason for a vacation is relaxation and enjoyment. Time to unplug and have fun! So put the electronics down and try to enjoy your cruise mates instead of having your cell phone as your companion and complaining about how slow the internet is! There's more to life than Wi-Fi!!

Nothing ticks me off more than reading reviews from people who do nothing but complain! I was on this ship for the April 30th sailing and it was, as I mentioned in my review, the best cruise I have been on to date! I read so many poor reviews of this ship before I left that I was almost convinced that the cruise was going to be horrible. But what I found was the most amazing staff, from the room attendants to the bartenders, and the most amazing service in the Main Dining Room by Aila and her assistant. I had breakfast in the MDR every morning and ordered off the menu. My breakfast was exceptional every day, with the eggs being cooked perfectly and delivered hot and fresh. The reason for eating breakfast in the MDR was because I don't particularly care for buffet dining, so I don't understand why someone would go to the MDR and choose to eat off the buffet. Anyone reading this guy's review, please take it with a grain of salt. Some people wouldn't be satisfied if you bowed down and kissed their feet! Oh, and in my opinion, the reason for a vacation is relaxation and enjoyment. Time to unplug and have fun! So put the electronics down and try to enjoy your cruise mates instead of having your cell phone as your companion and complaining about how slow the internet is! There's more to life than Wi-Fi!!

AMEN!!!!!!! Maybe in this posters case "There is no place like home".

Carol

like-button.jpg

I was on Adventure last October and it was no where near as bad as this person is making it out to be! GEEEZ! What are they doing just going around to find everything bad about the ship to complain about???? I mean they haven't found anything good at all....really???

We were on the same cruise as Shortcake and it was also one of our best cruises! So much so that we have booked a B2B on her for next April. :D

We’d cruised a lot with RC in the past and were starting to get bored so had mostly switched to other lines. In fact our last RC cruise was 2 years ago on the Allure. It was fine but there was nothing “special” about it, it was all very forgettable and bland. On the Adventure last month we fell back in love with RC again. We met the nicest people, had great dining room staff in the MDR (My time dining), a nice cabin attendant who got it that we wanted to be left alone, the food was good in the MDR and buffet, and the bar staff in the pub were especially lovely. We really don’t cruise for the staff and hate being fawned over so coming from us that is a big compliment. :p

As for the muster drill starting just before dinner, this is obviously to accommodate all the people flying in that afternoon. We boarded at 2pm and walked straight on and found the terminal at San Juan fine. During our drill we saw LOTS of people still boarding the ship as we were waiting for all the slackers. It’s definitely passengers that are the problem not the time of the drill, especially as they were rounding people up on the pool decks 15 minutes beforehand. :mad: And I am pretty sure the first seating dining was pushed back to 6.30pm that one day to accommodate the late drill…

I think the Voyager/Freedom class are my favourite design of ship, they just flow really well and never feel crowded. I agree with some of the other posters about keeping Allure/Oasis with their boring itineraries and packed Windjammers. ;)

I'm happy that OP is having a terrible cruise.

I really, seriously, am. LOL.

He went into it expecting to have a bad time, and he is...self-fulfilling prophecy works every time.

I haven't ever been on a civilian cruise (9 days, yay!!) yet, and I love reading the comments here on CC from people who suffer from such severe 1st World problems.

webboy634, I sincerely hope your time aboard goes from bad to incredibly worse. Your bitching and moaning is comedy gold!!

"BooHoo, the internets are SoOOoOooOo slow"....lmao.

Just off Adventure from a B2B May 7th-21st...We didn't need that much room in our fridge so we put the ice bucket in there and was amazed at how much that kept the few things we had in there cold....Also don't block that vent on top of the cabinet the fridge is in and try keeping the cabinet door open...hope this helps.

We loved the ports but found a few things we were disappointed with on AOS...after many cruises on many RCI ships...but she is going in for a major (one month) drydock in October.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

BTW...If you have the DL available to you...tell..Sucel hello from her two B2Ber's that loved those two seats nightly by themselves by the computers...she'll know who we are :)

Hi,

Some questions. We'll be on board in a few weeks with the same itinerary

There's only one specialty restaurant on this ship?

There's 2 formal nights at 2 & 6?

Do you know what the onboard price is for the Premium drink package? My husband is thinking of getting it but I want to let him know the price beforehand vs. onboard

Thanks!

Hi,

Do you know what the onboard price is for the Premium drink package? My husband is thinking of getting it but I want to let him know the price beforehand vs. onboard

Thanks!

Currently, the only specialty restaurants are Giovanni's Table and Johnny Rocket's.

I am on that same cruise to the ABC islands at the end of June. The premium package is 47 + tip. $776.00 for two. That is the 20% off rate in your cruise planner. Emails for RC say it will go up on board.

For variety they also have the Chef's Table and the Murder Mystery dinner.

Hi,

Thanks!

In addition to the above posts.....The onboard premium drink package is $49.00pp per day not including 18% gratuities when purchased onboard....

There is also a drink card you can purchase which is 10 drinks for $85.00 not including the 18% gratuities...you can use this card to purchase multiple drinks at once...Whether any of these is a good deal varies.

Yes the formal nights are nights 2 & 6 on this itinerary...not a lot of dining options on Adventure yet especially in the evenings so the Promenade Cafe gets busy...Enjoy your cruise.

WhiskeyTango, I agree. We're boarding on Saturday and can't wait...We'll have a great time!

Have fun on your upcoming cruise!!!!! Also, if you have a chance see if you can find out more info about Adventure's upcoming renovations for us! Thank you so much in advance! Cheers

In addition to the above posts.....The onboard premium drink package is $49.00pp per day not including 18% gratuities when purchased onboard....

There is also a drink card you can purchase which is 10 drinks for $85.00 not including the 18% gratuities...you can use this card to purchase multiple drinks at once...Whether any of these is a good deal varies.

Yes the formal nights are nights 2 & 6 on this itinerary...not a lot of dining options on Adventure yet especially in the evenings so the Promenade Cafe gets busy...Enjoy your cruise.

So before cruise it's $47 + grats and onboard its $49 + grats? $14 difference isn't too bad.

Have fun on your upcoming cruise!!!!! Also, if you have a chance see if you can find out more info about Adventure's upcoming renovations for us! Thank you so much in advance! Cheers

Thanks... there have been a couple threads about it already. But if we randomly hear something, we'll add it on our review.

So before cruise it's $47 + grats and onboard its $49 + grats? $14 difference isn't too bad.

Yes...just off Adventure...and double checked the flyer (s) I brought home with me....at least that's what it was priced for the two weeks we were on.

Just off AOS (B2B) and the formal nights were nights 2 & 6.

There is only one specialty restaurant...Giovanni's and it $30.00pp.

Sounds like the beverage package wouldn't be a good deal for you...There is a Royal Refreshment pkg. that's $8.00pp per day that includes unlimited fountain soda (will you drink that much soda)....You might be better off to just order the occasional soda and opt to drink the ice tea and lemonade, strawberry kiwi and OJ (not fresh squeezed) (complimentary)..these were actually better on the AOS than we've had on many other RCI ships.

Thank you! Your response is very helpful. :)

It's 7:20am onboard and we're just about to dock in Aruba. Overall, we're having a great cruise, we just noticed some issues in the first few days that were unexpected. I was posted them here to give others a heads up if they were coming on this cruise in the near future. There are a lot a positives; too many to list till I get home and can do a review of the cruise.

It's 7:20am onboard and we're just about to dock in Aruba. Overall, we're having a great cruise, we just noticed some issues in the first few days that were unexpected. I was posted them here to give others a heads up if they were coming on this cruise in the near future. There are a lot a positives; too many to list till I get home and can do a review of the cruise.

Thank you, looking forward to reading a few more reviews before I sail her June 11th.

Is this guy Bi-Polar? All he could do was complain about almost everything at the start of this thread and now he is having a great cruise.