Boarded Adventure of the Seas today (5/28) for 7 night ABC cruise

Confusion regarding the refridge in the rooms. We have three rooms in our party and the fridges in all three rooms don't seem to be working.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are coolers, if you need a real fridge for medication ask your cabin attendant

Day 1 was rocky. San Juan cruise terminal leaves a lot to be desired. The muster drill was so late and took so long, it's screwing up both seating times in the main dining room so we're gonna have to do windjammer. I miss Allure.....

Yiou won't miss Allure when you go to Windjammer and can find a seat easily, or when you can go to a show that doesn't require reservations.

Confusion regarding the refridge in the rooms. We have three rooms in our party and the fridges in all three rooms don't seem to be working.

Just off Adventure from a B2B May 7th-21st...We didn't need that much room in our fridge so we put the ice bucket in there and was amazed at how much that kept the few things we had in there cold....Also don't block that vent on top of the cabinet the fridge is in and try keeping the cabinet door open...hope this helps.

We loved the ports but found a few things we were disappointed with on AOS...after many cruises on many RCI ships...but she is going in for a major (one month) drydock in October.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

BTW...If you have the DL available to you...tell..Sucel hello from her two B2Ber's that loved those two seats nightly by themselves by the computers...she'll know who we are :)

Edited by Ashland

Just got off Adventure yesterday. Second time sailing her. Had a great time. She could stand some sprucing up but nothing hindered our enjoyment of the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for offering to answer questions. I'm leaving for a cruise on AOS next weekend and have never sailed RCI before. I've looked through their web page but can't find any information about formal nights, or surcharge to use 1 of the specialty restaurants. The best I can find is a charge for 3 nights. Also, my husband and I aren't drinkers and only drink the occassional soda so are hesitant to sign up for a beverage package but we don't know what drinks are included or how much an individual drink may cost. TIA

It's 5:01pm Sunday so Day 2 of the cruise. We're backing out of St Maarten right now. A few more irritations.

Thoughts so far: (Sorry..they're mostly negative)

The Wifi is spotty; not as good as we experienced on Allure in Nov 2014 (our last time on there). It works well enough but it's not top notch.

The bartenders seem to think Grey Goose and Ketel One are the default Vodkas now (I'm not sure they know what a well is anymore). RCCL is pushing the drink packages like you've never seen before. The upside to the Premium Package is you can knock yourself out with Grey Goose or Ketel One at your heart's desire.

We did book our next cruise in Sept 2017 on Oasis this afternoon with the NextCruise desk and got a really sweet deal. Only $100 deposit to lock in the res and we got 60% off the second person so a Superior Ocean View Balcony for $1,931.00. :D And we got $100 on board credit on this cruise so it wipes out the $100 deposit.

We talked to one of the bartenders about the screw up last night with the delayed dinner and he said that happens every week! So some dumbass decided to do the muster drill at 5:45pm each Sat and it backs up into the 6pm dinner in the MDR which backs up into the 8:30pm dinner and both are delayed..every single week. The reason, which is stupid in my opinion, is because they don't leave San Juan until 8:30pm so they allow guests to board up until 7:30pm. They do a second muster drill at 8:15pm for anyone who boarded after the first muster drill at 5:45pm. To me, and I've been on numerous cruises, this is a cluster@!@$.

Btw..I forgot to mention this earlier in the thread. On Sat at the terminal in San Juan, they tried to get us to get our picture taken at the bottom of the escalator that takes you to the ship. When I said no thanks, the RCCL lady literally started arguing with me about why I need to get my picture taken and some *#$@ about if we wanted to get pictures later in the cruise that we had to take that one first (which isn't true). It was breathtaking. She was literally arguing with me for about 30 seconds because I had the audacity to say no to a picture.

Thanks for offering to answer questions. I'm leaving for a cruise on AOS next weekend and have never sailed RCI before. I've looked through their web page but can't find any information about formal nights, or surcharge to use 1 of the specialty restaurants. The best I can find is a charge for 3 nights. Also, my husband and I aren't drinkers and only drink the occassional soda so are hesitant to sign up for a beverage package but we don't know what drinks are included or how much an individual drink may cost. TIA

Just off AOS (B2B) and the formal nights were nights 2 & 6.

There is only one specialty restaurant...Giovanni's and it $30.00pp.

Sounds like the beverage package wouldn't be a good deal for you...There is a Royal Refreshment pkg. that's $8.00pp per day that includes unlimited fountain soda (will you drink that much soda)....You might be better off to just order the occasional soda and opt to drink the ice tea and lemonade, strawberry kiwi and OJ (not fresh squeezed) (complimentary)..these were actually better on the AOS than we've had on many other RCI ships.

I am thinking about getting TSA Pre-Check for my family due to long lines at the airport. Did you experience really long lines at the airport? We are flying out of Miami to San Juan. Thank you for your response in advance.

I am thinking about getting TSA Pre-Check for my family due to long lines at the airport. Did you experience really long lines at the airport? We are flying out of Miami to San Juan. Thank you for your response in advance.

I LOVE TSA pre-check.

It's a fabulous wonderful amazing life-changing benefit.

So day at sea update The wifi gets a grade of D- It is most definitely not up to par with the oasis class ships that have that newest internet system

The breakfast buffet in the MDR was poor. The food was avg and cold. We'll be back to the windjammer or room service for the rest of the cruise

I will be sailing this saturday on AOS. Trying to decide if I should buy the discounted internet package or not. Could you measure the speed on speedtest.net and post the results?

Thanks in advance!

I will be sailing this saturday on AOS. Trying to decide if I should buy the discounted internet package or not. Could you measure the speed on speedtest.net and post the results?

Thanks in advance!

On my recent Adventure cruise..I did pre-purchase the internet $63.63 for the Surf one device package. Well worth it for the unlimited...and I only have the older versions to compare it to..and was very happy with it as a comparison. We tried to measure the speed but it changed often depending where the ship was..they still have some kinks to work out but again much better than I expected this new to Adventure would be.

So day at sea update The wifi gets a grade of D- It is most definitely not up to par with the oasis class ships that have that newest internet system

The breakfast buffet in the MDR was poor. The food was avg and cold. We'll be back to the windjammer or room service for the rest of the cruise

Of course it's not comparable to the speed on Oasis...but Adventure has only had it since May 1st...however...seems like it's working well enough for you to use it to complain ;)

It's up and down. Yes I'm am absolutely complaining. They can easily install the new onboard satellite gear before a dry dock. Same with any switches around the ship that need to be upgraded to handle the onboard traffic. And regarding your May 1 comment, not sure what they have but it is most certainly not the same as the quantum and oasis class.

Mikebay, sorry... Just calling it like I see it. I really miss Allure and that clouds out judgement (my party of 5 are all seeing the same issues). It's an older ship and some of the crew seen inexperienced. I would only recommend this cruise for the ports of call, at this point. Our stateroom attendant and a couple bartenders are the only real bright spots so far

I thought the idea of going on a cruise was to experience the islands and enjoy the idea and notion of being somewhat unplugged, not to spend your time online or texting or whatever. it's too bad you're having an experience that isn't comparable to Allure or the other ships you've been on. All ships have their good points and not so wonderful points. We have been very fortunate to have had nothing but wonderful experiences on AOS every time we have been on her. :D

As for your complaint about the muster drill, dinner times are always changed for the first night. and that it was late getting started is due to people not paying attention and lagging on getting where they need to be. so cluster as you may think it is, it isn't due to lack of planning it's due to passengers for the most part.

Mikebay, sorry... Just calling it like I see it. I really miss Allure and that clouds out judgement (my party of 5 are all seeing the same issues). It's an older ship and some of the crew seen inexperienced. I would only recommend this cruise for the ports of call, at this point. Our stateroom attendant and a couple bartenders are the only real bright spots so far

Try not to compare (or dwell on the comparison) to the newer ships or you will end up miserable for the rest of the trip.

Edited by hansolosmom

I think you confuse using the phone hear and there during down times and expecting it to work with spending 24/7 trying to surf the web instead of doing other stuff. As for the muster drill, it's absolutely poor planning. To schedule the drill at 5:45 when your first seating in the MDR is scheduled for 6pm, that just crosses the common sense barrier

I think you confuse using the phone hear and there during down times and expecting it to work with spending 24/7 trying to surf the web instead of doing other stuff. As for the muster drill, it's absolutely poor planning. To schedule the drill at 5:45 when your first seating in the MDR is scheduled for 6pm, that just crosses the common sense barrier

I think you need to start drinking more Grey Goose. :D While I understand that you're telling it like it is... but it is what it is because your attempting to compare Adventure to Allure. Thus allowing your disappointments to control you. Cheers!