Internet on carnival sunshine

Ok so I know all about the wifi packages for our phones but my question is about using the computers onboard and how much it costs? I want to check in for our flight home and print our boarding passes. Thanks

Was that internet access for printing boarding passes ever free? I didn't think it was.

I can't say for sure about using the onboard systems, though I thought it's the same as for using your own phone/tablet/pc, in needing to purchase some sort of "package", but we were on Sunshine earlier this month, and there was no longer per minute internet access available. Lowest cost FULL internet access was $16 for 24hrs. However, the $5 social media plan does allow access to a handful of airline sites for online checkin.

Edited by bar1068

I was just on the Sunshine last weekend. I purchased the top internet package with the hopes of being able to help out at work if needed (I work in I.T.). Yes you can use your computer. The internet is okay for doing necessary things like email, but don't expect a solid connection. I couldn't load several sites that I need to use, and the internet timed out frequently. I believe that package was 60 dollars. Was it worth it? Maybe.

Next time I'll just leave my cpu at home, and lock my phone in the safe for the trip :)... because that's where they stayed even with the internet package, haha.

Ugh thanks guys! I'm not bringing a laptop I just wanted to use their computer but it sounds like more of a hassle then it's worth. I can check in on my phone when we dock in Norfolk and I'll guess I just have to print the boarding passes at the airport :(

Ugh thanks guys! I'm not bringing a laptop I just wanted to use their computer but it sounds like more of a hassle then it's worth. I can check in on my phone when we dock in Norfolk and I'll guess I just have to print the boarding passes at the airport :(

It's worth a shot! I can't remember if the public computers had a printer or not, but there were always open computers from what I remember. Have a good time!

It's worth a shot! I can't remember if the public computers had a printer or not, but there were always open computers from what I remember. Have a good time!

Thanks we will have a great time for sure and I hate even thinking about going home lol. But the cheapo airline we are flying charges for everything short or breathing the air in flight so I wanted to avoid giving them any extra money! Yes they charge to print the boarding passes, it's just crazy!!

• 4 months later...
I was just on the Sunshine last weekend. I purchased the top internet package with the hopes of being able to help out at work if needed (I work in I.T.). Yes you can use your computer. The internet is okay for doing necessary things like email, but don't expect a solid connection. I couldn't load several sites that I need to use, and the internet timed out frequently. I believe that package was 60 dollars. Was it worth it? Maybe.

Next time I'll just leave my cpu at home, and lock my phone in the safe for the trip :)... because that's where they stayed even with the internet package, haha.

I can't believe I'm even asking this as I promised I would not work on this trip, but stressing a little-- Will I be able to purchase this plan on the ship? I would bring my own laptop. And the $60 fee is for the whole trip?

thanks!!

Norfolk airport uses electronic boarding passes also. You can have your boarding passes sent to your phone and then you just scan the QR code from your phone. I use it there all the time.

Thanks we will have a great time for sure and I hate even thinking about going home lol. But the cheapo airline we are flying charges for everything short or breathing the air in flight so I wanted to avoid giving them any extra money! Yes they charge to print the boarding passes, it's just crazy!!

If you have a smartphone, can't you just use the boarding pass on your phone? I do it all the time on SW, but I don't know about your airline.