Upgrading beverage package

lemmon

I generally phone them to do this. $10.00 + 18% gratuity (11.80) per person per day. I didn't know there was an option to do this online. The other alternative is to do the upgrade on board if you want to use OBC. In that case they put a sticker on your card that indicates premium package.

Edited by santa24

I upgraded online. It cost me £113.99 for a 14 night cruise. I know that other people upgrade on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How do you upgrade online? Just put the Premium package in your cart and it knows from "Order History" that you have the classic and charges you the difference?

How do you upgrade online? Just put the Premium package in your cart and it knows from "Order History" that you have the classic and charges you the difference?

I am sorry, but I have just rechecked and I rang them to get a quote. Then I upgraded by telephone. My memory is failing me.

I am sorry, but I have just rechecked and I rang them to get a quote. Then I upgraded by telephone. My memory is failing me.

Thanks. No problem! I'll likely wait until I'm on board anyway as I'll have OBC to burn, but I was just curious. :)

It is easy to upgrade onboard. They will usually have a table set-up at embarkation (or as you get on the ship) or you can simply ask any bar tender/waiter to do the transaction.

Hank

If you upgrade at Guest Relations, they'll reprint your card with the new designation. If you wait until the second day, the line will be shorter and you'll save one day's worth of the upgrade cost. I find it very easy to make do with the classic package on the first night.

I've heard you should wait till the ship is in international waters to avoid getting taxed on the upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?

A valid point. So what we do is that if we are upgrading while in port we specifically ask if there will be local sales tax added. The answer is usually, "we do not process the transaction until we are in International waters...so no tax." In fact, when we boarded the Eclipse in Miami (last December) we stopped at a table (staffed by an old friend/bar tender) and he was actually doing all the upgrades manually (simply writing up a receipt/bill) which he said would not be processed until late that night (when we were well out in international waters). But they immediately added a sticker to our cruise card so we could immediately use the card for our premium drinks. It was a win-win.

Hank

If you are travelling as 2 people in the same cabin, can only 1 of you choose the upgrade? (Other person does not drink alcohol)....

Hi Brucory,

Fortunately there is no need to upgrade both if one of you doesn't drink.

Happy Sailing,

Linda