Rent a car?

isleschick3

My Husband and I are going on our first cruise for our honeymoon in January. We were thinking about renting a car in St Martin so we can do what ever we want...Orient Beach, Margoit... I have heard that it is sometimes tough driving back to the ship due to traffic and the roads. Does anyone know if we would just be better off taking a cab around the island?

I really think cabs are your best bet---and they are cheaper in the end. Roads in St Martin can be insane if you don't know your way around. We took cabs to Orient Beach and to the French side for shopping and they were cheap and reliable.

:D

Does anyone know if we would just be better off taking a cab around the island?

Renting a car out side of the US bears no resemblence to what you are used to. It may not have air conditioning. It may not even be a new car. The safety standards could be different. Your car insurance is not valid. The roads are unfamiliar; you can't judge the traffic. If you'd like to have a cocktail at the beach, do you know the DWI laws? What happens if you do get in an accident? :eek: I could go on and on. It's really just a horrible idea when there are plenty of taxis to cater to the tourists.

Save yourselves the headache. Don't rent a car. Take a cab -- if you don't like the scenery you can sit & smooch like teenagers in the back seat -- is is your honeymoon after all. ;) :D

Congratulations & bon voyage!

Archived