Norwegian Pearl Dailies - 5/29-6/5 Seattle to Alaska, RT

MoxieBride

Hi! We just got home from a wonderful 7-day cruise to Alaska. I always love when cruisers post the Dailies; I am always so curious to see what we have to look forward to.

After trying unsuccessfully for 2 hours to embed them into this post, I poured myself a glass of wine and put them here: https://cruisecriticpics.shutterfly.com/

Please let me know if you cannot access them.

Thanks

You're more patient than I am; I would have poured the wine after a half hour :-)

Thanks for posting them....I understand what a PITA it can be!

Hi! We just got home from a wonderful 7-day cruise to Alaska. I always love when cruisers post the Dailies; I am always so curious to see what we have to look forward to.

After trying unsuccessfully for 2 hours to embed them into this post, I poured myself a glass of wine and put them here: https://cruisecriticpics.shutterfly.com/

Thanks

Thank you for posting. We will cruising Alaska on the Pearl at the end of July. From reading the Dailies, I had a few questions:

I see "adult soccer" listed a few times. What about teen soccer? I have two (age 12 and 15) serious soccer players who would love the expeirence of playing soccer on a ship!

Documentaries: how are they? Since there is on naturalist on board (which I am quite bummed about--this is one thing Princess has over Norwegian), I am hoping to augment the educational piece of my trip thorugh the documentaries. Hope they are good--and not crowded/hard to get in to see.

Open court time: can tweens/teens play pick up games of BB or soccer then?

Running track--I guess this isn't a "Dailies" question per se: My older son needs to log 400 miles (?!) for Cross Country this summer. He plans on running on the track. He is a fast runner. I am hoping the running track is for real running and not just for walkers/slow joggers (like me).

Spinnaker Lounge--Is it quiet during the day (for someone like my dad who doesn't love a lot of noise but would enjoy sitting and watching beautiful views)?

TIA!

Thank you for posting. We will cruising Alaska on the Pearl at the end of July. From reading the Dailies, I had a few questions:

I see "adult soccer" listed a few times. What about teen soccer? I have two (age 12 and 15) serious soccer players who would love the expeirence of playing soccer on a ship!

Documentaries: how are they? Since there is on naturalist on board (which I am quite bummed about--this is one thing Princess has over Norwegian), I am hoping to augment the educational piece of my trip thorugh the documentaries. Hope they are good--and not crowded/hard to get in to see.

Open court time: can tweens/teens play pick up games of BB or soccer then?

Running track--I guess this isn't a "Dailies" question per se: My older son needs to log 400 miles (?!) for Cross Country this summer. He plans on running on the track. He is a fast runner. I am hoping the running track is for real running and not just for walkers/slow joggers (like me).

Spinnaker Lounge--Is it quiet during the day (for someone like my dad who doesn't love a lot of noise but would enjoy sitting and watching beautiful views)?

TIA!

Concerning the running track on the Pearl. I have done a little research since my son trains for his college XC team and we will be sailing early July on the Pearl.

Although I will tell you I have never sailed on the Pearl before but from what I have seen from photos or from others, the "jogging" track on the pearl is 5 1/2 laps per mile, it is extremely narrow and since it is on an upper deck can be very wet. As one poster put it, it is un-practical for serious runners.

But there is an alternative, the best thing for him would be the treadmills in the fitness center. I know for serious runners this can become very boring for him but it will be the safer option. Have him get a decent pair of running earphones so he can at least watch the TV's or music while running.

I will say that not all ships have this issue. We were on the RCL Allure and the track was under cover went the whole length of the ship and was wide enough with had hardly any dangerous blind spots. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info on the track. Unfortunately, treadmills probably won't be an option for my son. He is 15 (just finishing freshman year) so won't be allowed in the gym. He can't really "fake" 16 he looks, if anything, a year younger than his age. I'm really bummed for him. He is serious about his running. I'm sure he'll try the track, even if it's narrow.

Sounds like you are cruising before us. enMaybe you can post an update about how it is IRL after your trip?

Glad that your son will be able to continue to train.

TIA!

Who said there was no naturalist on board? When we sailed through glacier bay, several rangers came onboard. They spoke over the PA as well as a presentation in the theater. They also did a special presentation for the kids in the Splash Academy, and were available to chat with one on one in the Spinnaker.

Who said there was no naturalist on board? When we sailed through glacier bay, several rangers came onboard. They spoke over the PA as well as a presentation in the theater. They also did a special presentation for the kids in the Splash Academy, and were available to chat with one on one in the Spinnaker.

I have heard that a park ranger (or 2) comes onboard on Glacier Bay day (which is great). But that some other lines have an onboard naturalist for the duration of the trip, offering various presentations throughout the week.

Thanks

How do you make them big enough to read?