How far ahead to book Nautica Sing-HK

tatugrl

New member here, first time posting. Hope this is the right place, if not please point me where I need to go. :) My extended family (5 cabins) are planning to book the Feb. 4-20 2017 above cruise. Two in the group are coming from the US and using a TA, three are in Romania and are also using a TA and my husband and I are booking through Oceania from Spain. My question is how far in advance should we book? I have sailed with Oceania before and know from that experience that prices dropped a lot and we were upgraded to Concierge and were offered an upgrade to Penthouse. Of course that was a Med cruise and I know that the Asia cruises are much more popular. Any advice would be appreciated.

LS

If you want a specific category of rooms (especially the more popular ones) and/or if you all want to be close to each other, then I would say book now to insure that you get what you want.

We personally tend to book a year or more in advance ... but we also tend to book at one of the more popular levels. You wouldn't want to be in a situation where there aren't enough cabins for your group no matter where you would be located.

Mura

I'm with Mura.

Because, for ME, the risk of the ship being sold out and not being able to sail with my family and friends would far outweigh the money that I might save if there were a fare reduction.

Remember that the cabins on the Nautica are small-ish and there are very few which would allow you the option of doubling up.

Book as soon as you are able to !

I'm on a Nautica cruise that is over a year away and everything PH3 and above are already waitlisted. For that cruise, I'm not sure you could currently get 5 rooms together in any single class.

If the fares drop, before final payment, your TA can get you the fare reductions. My advice - Book ASAP.