Price Drop for Norwegian - What do they offer?

johnrich

Found out today that the fare for our cruise went down and is $400 below what we were paying. We have not made our final payment but it is due within the next week. Does Norwegian offer you anything when this happens? I've heard they'll upgrade you to a cabin that is same price now. If we didn't want the upgrade would they give us OBC and if so, can that be used for gratuities/service charges?

Thanks!

As your final payment isn't due yet, you can cancel and rebook (assuming US booking) for free (if you booked through a TA, they might charge something) and get the current pricing with the perks they are currently offering.

my cruise price just dropped and i canceled and rebooked no problem but i had no perks with mine so that is the only thing. If you have any of the freebies, just make sure you can still keep them before you cancel and rebook

Found out today that the fare for our cruise went down and is $400 below what we were paying. We have not made our final payment but it is due within the next week. Does Norwegian offer you anything when this happens? I've heard they'll upgrade you to a cabin that is same price now. If we didn't want the upgrade would they give us OBC and if so, can that be used for gratuities/service charges?

Thanks!

Before final payment you should be able to call them and get the lower price unless you are on some special promo like a group rate. If this is the case they will upgrade you. As for the OBC, well that depends. I don't think there is any set rule.

Our Mini-Suite price dropped $410.00 before final payment date. We were paid in full already. Called them up and they sent a credit to our credit card for the $410.00. The perks offered now are the same as when we booked so no change in perks. That said, if you booked 9 months out you will lose your 9 month out latitudes points.

We booked in Nov. and have 4 nights SDP and $100.00 OBC ( AARP). Our balcony went down a little, but by rebooking we would get 3 night SDP ( that's the offer now) and I would lose the OBC.

OP make sure the benefit of rebooking makes sense.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your advice. I called and they were able to just adjust the price without cancelling and rebooking. The UBP price went up and even though we got it as a promo, you still have to pay the gratuity so that went up. The taxes and port charges also went up $6 a person. All in all we still saved almost $150. I'll take it. That'll pay all but $40 of the DSC. So I'm happy. And since we didn't cancel the lady said we still get our extra points for booking 9 months out.

Edited by johnrich