Catching a cruise from Civitavecchia

safkool

Hey

Im going to be on the cruise of MSC splendida on march 27th with my wife and infant baby. I would be really proud of myself if i was using public transport to get to my cruise. From online ive figured out that i can take a train from rome train station to Civitavecchia train station which takes 45 mins and €11.

Please advice me how i would go from that station to my cruise? Any shuttle from the station? Please bare in mind we will have a checkin luggage a carry on and a baby on a stroller.

Thanks in advance.

If you look down the board, this is discussed commonly here. You may walk from the train station to the main gate, where you catch a free shuttle to your ship. You may take a bus from the train station to the main gate, costs less than an euro. Or you may catch a cab from the train station to your ship. Given it is a short ride, cab is perhaps the most difficult option.

If you look down the board, this is discussed commonly here. You may walk from the train station to the main gate, where you catch a free shuttle to your ship. You may take a bus from the train station to the main gate, costs less than an euro. Or you may catch a cab from the train station to your ship. Given it is a short ride, cab is perhaps the most difficult option.

Thank you so much. Im new here and checked a few thread but couldnt find an answer so opened a new one.

When you get off the train in Civitavecchia, you will have to go downstairs, under the platforms and up steps. Bear this in mind with child, buggy and luggage. Before you exit the station, pop into the shop/cafe and buy your shuttle bus tickets, €2 pp currently. The shuttles pull up opposite the station door. They take you to the new port entrance where you can catch the free port shuttle to your ship. If you choose to walk to the 'old' port entrance, the port shuttle does not stop there anymore so you would have to walk on to the shuttle stop or to your ship. Take the €2 shuttle. Ken

When you get off the train in Civitavecchia, you will have to go downstairs, under the platforms and up steps. Bear this in mind with child, buggy and luggage. Before you exit the station, pop into the shop/cafe and buy your shuttle bus tickets, €2 pp currently. The shuttles pull up opposite the station door. They take you to the new port entrance where you can catch the free port shuttle to your ship. If you choose to walk to the 'old' port entrance, the port shuttle does not stop there anymore so you would have to walk on to the shuttle stop or to your ship. Take the €2 shuttle. Ken

Thanks for all the info Ken. Much appreciated

So when one buys the train-port bus tickets at the shop in the station, one could buy a couple of extra for the return trip right? So when we come back to Rome we wouldn't have to line up to buy the wretched things?

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

So when one buys the train-port bus tickets at the shop in the station, one could buy a couple of extra for the return trip right? So when we come back to Rome we wouldn't have to line up to buy the wretched things?

I would say you could but we didn't. You have to line up at the port entrance anyway and you have plenty of time to buy your ticket. I don't know if having a ticket would allow you to cut the line.

Good resource for Civitavecchia here http://civitavecchia.co.uk