Voyager Dreamworks Experience

I am sailing on the Voyager in December with kids and wondering what is included in the Dreamworks experience on the ship?

I have seen them have a breakfast where the various characters interact with all the people (young and old) while they have a leisurely breaky. It was very entertaining for us on the other side of the MDR as well even if we couldn't quite hear what was said. We could hear the music and songs though.:D

There is also a parade down the promenade but it is on quite late (10.30pm) for the kids.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentSitelet.do?pagename=dreamworks_main

Edited by MicCanberra

here is a link to a page. Note, they may be different on differing ships.

http://www.americandiscountcruises.com/cruiselines/royal-caribbean/dreamworks-experience.html

DreamWorks Experience

Make your next family vacation an absolutely unforgettable adventure! Set sail with Royal Caribbean International® and DreamWorks Animation® and discover once-upon-a-time moments filled with your favorite characters from Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and more... introducing DreamWorks Experience, exclusively on Royal Caribbean!

Highlights of DreamWorks Experience

♦ Meet the Characters!

Meet DreamWorks characters on Royal Caribbean cruises!Sail on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship featuring DreamWorks Experience and you'll have the opportunity to take part in photo opportunities and character parades, with Shrek, Fiona, Po (Kung Fu Panda) and others!

♦ Entertaining Extravaganzas!

Don't miss out on the How to Train Your Dragon™ Ice Show1, a live show featuring favorite characters from DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon, and the Madagascar™ Aqua Show2 (called "Let You Entertain Me"), with favorites from the hit film such as Marty, Alex, Gloria and Melman mingling with high divers, swimmers, acrobats and more!

Meet DreamWorks characters on Royal Caribbean cruises!♦ Make Some New Friends!

There will be opportunities to enjoy a Character Meal as part of the DreamWorks Experience, during which you'll meet some of your favorite characters from popular movies like Shrek®, Madagascar™, Kung Fu Panda® and How to Train Your Dragon™. Plus, in Royal Caribbean's award-winning youth program, Adventure Ocean, children can play with their favorite DreamWorks Animation characters when they make surprise appearances - included at no extra charge!

♦ Enjoy the Movies!

While on a Royal Caribbean cruise featuring the DreamWorks Experience, guests will be able to enjoy 3-D Movies in the new 3-D theatres that will be aboard the ships. Dragons will fly in your face in DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon, while giant robots will be battling all around in Monsters vs. Aliens. There will also be special DreamWorks programming available through the TVs in all staterooms!

There wasn't that ice show in the past, and there won't be the aqua show on Voyager.

Most visible things are the parade, and that the characters are regularly around for photos/meet and greets and passing through. The breakfast is usually an option.

Thanks for the replies! I think the Kids will love the Breakfast, but the Parade seems a bit late:(

Yes, you may find yourself enjoying breakfast as well.;)

I really cannot understand why they have it so late but perhaps the kids can have a nap and then get them back up for it. Enjoy.

We sailed on VOS in February and the parades were a lot earlier than 10:30pm. There were 2 parades on our 8 day cruise, I think the first was first night on board or second night, last show second last night. There as also another parade, but not as good as the dream works definitely a must see.

Book your breakfast with the characters before you board, we missed out as it as fully booked out😞

We sailed on VOS in February and the parades were a lot earlier than 10:30pm. There were 2 parades on our 8 day cruise, I think the first was first night on board or second night, last show second last night. There as also another parade, but not as good as the dream works definitely a must see.

Book your breakfast with the characters before you board, we missed out as it as fully booked out😞

Thanks for that advice, I will certainly book the breakfast beforehand! I glad to hear that the parade may be earlier that 10:30pm

BTW, welcome to Cruise critic.:D

Thanks for the warm welcome:D

There are plenty of photo opportunities with the Dreamworks characters on the promendade. The times and characters are listed in the cruise compass which is delivered to your cabin each night.

We had a late promenade parade at 10.30pm at the start of the cruise and an much early one at 5.30pm towards the end of the cruise.

Best to get down to the Promenade 10mins before parade starts to get a decent position. Not a lot of room for spectactors on the promendade. They rope off each side just before the parade starts.

There are plenty of photo opportunities with the Dreamworks characters on the promendade. The times and characters are listed in the cruise compass which is delivered to your cabin each night.

We had a late promenade parade at 10.30pm at the start of the cruise and an much early one at 5.30pm towards the end of the cruise.

Best to get down to the Promenade 10mins before parade starts to get a decent position. Not a lot of room for spectactors on the promendade. They rope off each side just before the parade starts.

The promenade gets very busy, good that they repeat the parade at an earlier time as well.

I think they probably got a few complaints from parents re the late shows, little ones can't stay awake that long, no matter how keen they are to see the shows. They are great well worth getting to them. Both the dream works parades are the same, but we loved them both times. Also our GD who is 4 went to the cup cake decorating session, they made a Shrek cup cake, so that is worth booking into also.

I think they probably got a few complaints from parents re the late shows, little ones can't stay awake that long, no matter how keen they are to see the shows. They are great well worth getting to them. Both the dream works parades are the same, but we loved them both times. Also our GD who is 4 went to the cup cake decorating session, they made a Shrek cup cake, so that is worth booking into also.

Just checked time on photos first parade was 7:45pm and the second one was 5:30pm.

Cheers V

Just checked time on photos first parade was 7:45pm and the second one was 5:30pm.

Cheers V

They are much better times for the kiddies. Timing must depend on the cruise.

yes in January the dream works breakfast for our cruise was already booked out so pre book if you are keen.

We didn't think we missed much though as we saw all the parades and found all the characters for the photo ops throughout the cruise.

A good spot for the parade was the outside chairs at the pig and whistle. The other good spot we found was sitting on the stools at cafe promenade :-)