Cutback in Carnival Bartenders and Waiters??

Manualwriter

I was on the Elation back in May and spent most of the days on the Serenity Deck. Never had much of a wait for a waiter to come by asking for a drink. The bars were rarely crowded, but on the few occasions there was a small crowd, put $1 or $2 next to your S&S card and bartenders will literally look right to you for your order. Worked like a charm everytime

Edited by First and Ten

Looks like we've reached a new low. Having to bribe the help to do their job.

With the customers suggesting it.

"the help". :D

Some of us have been tipping extra forever. I can't stand to wait in line and they will always serve me first.

Edited by gtalum

"the help". :D

Some of us have been tipping extra forever. I can't stand to wait in line and they will always serve me first.

When I see them serve someone else who arrived after me first, completely remove my tip, and let them know why. Caused one shouting match, but it was fun.

When I see them serve someone else who arrived after me first, completely remove my tip, and let them know why. Caused one shouting match, but it was fun.

Not my problem. You'll still be waiting after I'm served. :D

I do believe that was the first myth Snopes ever busted. And certainly never called a TEP anyway.

I get you probably have to save your $1's and $2's for the cigs you are smoking on the balcony....it works for the rest of us tho ;)

Edited by First and Ten

Wrong again. I don't smoke.

but your "partner" does

I've yet to read/hear one.

I know many still do, including my other half. If they can't see you, they don't know where it's coming from. Smoke gets disapated quite quickly, and can travel up down, forward or backward.

Edited by First and Ten

I would just like to thank you all very much for your comments to my original questions. It does seem like Carnival is cutting back..along with some other lines. Not what I like to hear at all, but it is what it is.....I will just really check things out more before I pick my next cruise line/ cruise. I still enjoy the service. I hope you all have wonderful cruises...!!!!!

Manualwriter

Just take your own drinks on board with you. If, after all these years, Carnival can't figure out how to distribute drinks through their own network, it may be time for some competition again.

Exactly.

If the wait for a drink is too long, or I see other's being served as soon as they walk up, when I've been waiting my turn, I'll go back to the cabin and make my own.:D

It is definitely apparent that service staff levels have been reduced. But this is not only on Carnival.

Cannot comment on the wait staff around pools and such, but I can say I noticed reduced staff in the atrium bar on the Sunshine last cruise.

If people are so willing to toss another $1 or $2 per order to get basis service Carnival should just remove the added gratuity since it doesn't seem to engender prompt service and just let people tip how they want. The best tippers will get the best service, just like every where else. I think auto-tips make workers do the least amount needed since they are already "getting theirs". And now all these cruise lines have started pushing drink packages so they have no reason to provide product as fast as possible, they have already "got theirs".

Tipping on top of tipping on top of tipping on top of tipping. Just have a reasonable price, enough staff to provide good service, and let people tip what they feel is appropriate. You know, just like every where else in the world. Cruise ships do it so odd...

If people are so willing to toss another $1 or $2 per order to get basis service Carnival should just remove the added gratuity since it doesn't seem to engender prompt service and just let people tip how they want. The best tippers will get the best service, just like every where else. I think auto-tips make workers do the least amount needed since they are already "getting theirs". And now all these cruise lines have started pushing drink packages so they have no reason to provide product as fast as possible, they have already "got theirs".

Tipping on top of tipping on top of tipping on top of tipping. Just have a reasonable price, enough staff to provide good service, and let people tip what they feel is appropriate. You know, just like every where else in the world. Cruise ships do it so odd...

Cruise ships have you held hostage. You have no choice but to put up with whatever they want to give you. Unless of course you choose to take matters into your own hands and form a cartel of one to compete with their racket. ;)

Cruise ships have you held hostage. You have no choice but to put up with whatever they want to give you. Unless of course you choose to take matters into your own hands and form a cartel of one to compete with their racket. ;)

LOL...have you been drinking...

• 1 year later...

I think this was an incitement to smuggle! I'm in!