Catching a transfer from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam

I have never been to Schiphol Airport before. My DW and I are flying in from the US, and will arrive in the AM.

We have prearranged a transfer to our hotel in Amsterdam.

Is there a central or designated area where all the drivers wait and meet those they are picking up after arrival?

When I get my bags, and go through customs, will I be directed to the spot where the driver will be waiting?

Thanks.

Edited by Boiler Cruiser

I have never been to Schiphol Airport before. My DW and I are flying in from the US, and will arrive in the AM.

We have prearranged a transfer to our hotel in Amsterdam.

Is there a central or designated area where all the drivers wait and meet those they are picking up after arrival?

When I get my bags, and go through customs, will I be directed to the spot where the driver will be waiting?

Thanks.

You probably should ask your transfer company that question to be sure, but usually they are waiting in luggage area with a sign with your name on it.

If they ask for your flight details they might meet you at the exit of the luggage reclaim (Arrivals 1 (mostly Schengen), 2, 3 or 4, all reclaim areas are interconnected and pax only).

Most common is the meeting point at the Plaza, the shopping/railway station area you will enter when exiting the luggage reclaim.

MeetingPoint_taxisu_211.gif

meetingpoint_taxisu11.png

All the yellow is Plaza.

After you collect your bags and head out thru the arrivals hall everyone is corralled thru the same area. The drivers and there are many are standing there all lined up holding big cards with you name. The company knows exactly what flight you are on and how long it takes to get your bags and go thru formalities.

You can't miss your driver, he will be the nicely dressed guy holding a sign with your name on it! Don't worry :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JVilleGal