The Pride Love Affair Continues

dms1908

dms1908,

Oh my gosh, your whole group is just too freakin' cute!:) I really enjoyed your review, thanks for taking the time to share it. In just about 40 days, DH and I will be back on the Pride for the 7th time, doing this itinerary for the 3nd time, taking our kids on this itinerary for the 1st time... and your review just helped make me a little more excited about it.:D

Thanks ShakyBeef! Our group had a great time and we won't likely return again until 2018 because of other trips set up for 2017. However, DH has been asking me to check prices "just in case" something changes!

Looking at pride. What are the ages of the teens you traveled with?Mine will be 14 and 16 at cruise date. Did your teens like the ship???

We had an 11y/0, 16 y/o, and two 17 y/o....and they all loved it. We were celebrating graduation for the oldest two. They had so much fun that the 16 y/o has requested the same trip for his graduation in 2018! I will tell you that we did let them roam and have fun. We only had 2 mandatory dinners, and they at least had to leave the ship with us at ports. Beyond that they were free to make friends (which they made plenty) and have a great time. We didn't set curfews. We regularly checked in through the Hub, and we had a key to their room. They spent a lot of time at the basketball court with the other teens they met, in the card room playing board games, going to the events held for the young adults, and in the game room. They all had a great time.

What is the hub?

Carnival has an app called the Hub. You can download it for free and it's $5 per user for the week. You can basically message each other without using data from your cellphone carrier. It also has the daily schedule for the ship. I was afraid the kids would accidentally use data but with the Hub they put the phone in airplane mode and we could still communicate.

Thank you for sharing your review!!! I have a port question, wondering about the 'long line' of cars waiting to get into the lot, are we parking on the road while waiting to get in, just get in line, turn the car off and wait type of thing? We have only driven to and parked in one other port which was New Orleans, just drove right into the garage, no long line so this is sure different :) Thank you!!

Thank you for sharing your review!!! I have a port question, wondering about the 'long line' of cars waiting to get into the lot, are we parking on the road while waiting to get in, just get in line, turn the car off and wait type of thing? We have only driven to and parked in one other port which was New Orleans, just drove right into the garage, no long line so this is sure different :) Thank you!!

Hey Kelly11

You are on port property. Depending on when you arrive there may not be a long line 3 of cars. There was delay in deboarding for those returning which caused us a delay.

• 4 weeks later...

Aloha! Thanks for pointing this out! Lol. I will admit that I took 2 sips of every milkshake before handing off to the kids. so technically it was mine and I couldn't finish it. Now the love affair continues!!

I will be on the pride with my SO on October 2nd to the Eastern Caribbean. We are planning buying the Cheers package and you have mentioned milkshakes a couple times....is this something that is covered under the alcohol program?

Thanks!

Amanda

Edited by BubblesJo

Aloha! Thanks for pointing this out! Lol. I will admit that I took 2 sips of every milkshake before handing off to the kids. �� so technically it was mine and I couldn't finish it. Now the love affair continues!!

I will be on the pride with my SO on October 2nd to the Eastern Caribbean. We are planning buying the Cheers package and you have mentioned milkshakes a couple times....is this something that is covered under the alcohol program?

Thanks!

Amanda

Hey Amanda - sorry for the delay in responding but the app hasn't been working well on my phone. To answer your question, yes the milkshakes are covered under Cheers along with the specialty coffees at the coffee shop.

Shaky, you're boarding either tomorrow or Saturday, is that right? Have a wonderful time and please make sure you come back and post a report of the family's trip and how the girls enjoyed it.

As for Anytime, we're sailing Pride in April (4/16) and it's our first time with ATD on Carnival. We do it all the time on Royal, and are able to book reservations in advance. Can you book reservations on Carnival or is it always walk up and wait? Mom has some issues with standing for long periods, so I'd like to advance reserve if possible.

Carnival does NOT let you book a time in advance for a table with ATD. You will get one of those 'buzzers' that busy restaurants often hand out. So you can go sit and wait to be 'buzzed' when your table is ready, but you do have to stay close to the dining room.

We had long wait times with ATD on the Imagination last month. I'm glad we booked late dining for our upcoming cruise on the Pride.

dms1908,

Oh my gosh, your whole group is just too freakin' cute!:) I really enjoyed your review, thanks for taking the time to share it. In just about 40 days, DH and I will be back on the Pride for the 7th time, doing this itinerary for the 3nd time, taking our kids on this itinerary for the 1st time... and your review just helped make me a little more excited about it.:D

ShakyBeef, when do you leave? BON VOYAGE! Is your DH doing a review when you get back? Always loved reading them! ;)

Njmomof2 and Crusin Karen, we sail this Sunday (the day after the day after tomorrow:p) thank you for the well-wishes!:) I don't know if DH will be writing another review. I would love it if he did - I still go back and read that old one and relive our family cruise memories thru it.:o

Early dining is 6:00, and I believe Late is 8:15.

We did ATD on the Pride a few weeks ago, I will always try to get it from now on. I like the flexibility, especially on Port Days. We always asked for a private table for 2 and most times we were seated in under 5 minutea. The longest was less than 15.

We did ATD on the Pride a few weeks ago, I will always try to get it from now on. I like the flexibility, especially on Port Days. We always asked for a private table for 2 and most times we were seated in under 5 minutea. The longest was less than 15.

Okay, this is good news. We are only the two of us, so 15 minutes or so is not an issue. I just hate for mom to have to stand around, so hopefully there is somewhere with seats nearby so she can sit while we wait.

Shaky...have a wonderful cruise. If you DH doesn't write a review, make sure you post something and let us know how the girls enjoyed the trip.

Bon Voyage!