Upgrading two connecting cabins to one?

I've tried searching, but can't find any info on this particular situation. I currently have two connecting interior cabins booked and we are AFTER final payment. I have already changed my profile to no automatic upgrades, because I don't want to risk only one cabin being upgraded (or risk losing my corner aft on Navigator in the Spring:p) because we are travelling with small children. However, I do plan on calling approximately 30 days prior to cruise time to inquire about possible (paid) upgrades. I realize this is hit or miss, as some have had difficulty paying to upgrade in the past. We would only upgrade if the price was right for a Grand Suite or higher. Has anyone had success upgrading two cabins to one higher cabin? Even if we are willing to pay more, I can see RCI having a problem with the change from two cabins to one cabin. On the other hand, it does open up two interiors for them. Thoughts or experiences? Thanks!

At 28 days before the cruise, you will be in the 75% penalty period for cancelling one of the staterooms. I would at least call before the 57 day mark, so you would only be out the deposit amounts in case they play hard ball with you.

That's what I was afraid of, that they would only allow one cabin to be upgraded. Unfortunately we are already past the 57 day mark, but it makes sense to call sooner rather later. However, we would not upgrade at the current listed prices, so it probably defeats the purpose:).

That's what I was afraid of, that they would only allow one cabin to be upgraded. Unfortunately we are already past the 57 day mark, but it makes sense to call sooner rather later. However, we would not upgrade at the current listed prices, so it probably defeats the purpose:).

If the GS is still priced high, they must expect it to sell, so I would not have much hope for them making a deal. However, you never know, so it won't hurt to call. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

I agree - I know it's a shot in the dark. I will probably hold out, and if prices drop, I will give them a call to see what can be done. I won't hold my breath though. With a 9-year-old and a 5-year-old, I'm just thrilled to have two bathrooms:D! I'll definitely give an update if I am able to manage something.