Clarion on Federal Highway

CRUZERWANNABE

I have seen a few comments about this "motel" being recently renovated and was hoping to get a review and some information. Are there restaurants and grocery or pharmacy within walking distance? We want to get some bottled water and root beer before our cruise. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

I have seen a few comments about this "motel" being recently renovated and was hoping to get a review and some information. Are there restaurants and grocery or pharmacy within walking distance? We want to get some bottled water and root beer before our cruise. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

While I cannot comment on the motel specifically, there is a Walgreens Pharmacy and a Publix Supermarket to the west, approximately 5 blocks away, a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods market to the north, approximately 1/2 mile away, and another Publix Supermarket and a CVS Pharmacy to the east, approximately 1/2 mile away (near Galleria Mall).

Along Sunrise Blvd and Federal Hwy, there are many restaurants within 1/2 mile+ away ... Il Mulino, Canyon, MOD Wine Lounge, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza, J Mark's, Serafina, Texas de Brazil, a Chinese restaurant, and outside the Galleria Mall, there is Capital Grille, PF Chang's, Seasons 52.

The beach is 1 mile away.

Edited by brunello22

Booked this hotel post-cruise in September, it was certainly much cheaper than many alternatives. Hopefully, it lives up to the favorable reviews on Tripadvisor. Anyway. we'll only be there for a night before an early morning flight.

This hotel must have been recently renovated -- I looked on Google street view and it was completely fenced off with construction dumpsters in view. The street view was dated in June 2015, I think.

Booked this hotel post-cruise in September, it was certainly much cheaper than many alternatives. Hopefully, it lives up to the favorable reviews on Tripadvisor. Anyway. we'll only be there for a night before an early morning flight.

This hotel must have been recently renovated -- I looked on Google street view and it was completely fenced off with construction dumpsters in view. The street view was dated in June 2015, I think.

Yes, it was an old motel that Art Institute bought and used for many years as a student dorm. They closed it and sold it and it was completely renovated to become the Clarion a few months ago. It's a $25 cab ride to port or airport, but now with Uber in town it's closer to $15 using that.

Edited by royalcruz