Pre-cruise Orlando with Toddler

misseskb

Hello. We will fly into MCO late Saturday morning. My initial thought was to stay in Disney Springs, and shuttle out the next morning to the port. We will not be renting a car nor have a car seat.

Now I am thinking it may not be a good idea to go to crowded Disney Springs on a summer Saturday evening.

I guess ideally we would just got to a pool for a while, someone for the little one, have dinner in the area (safe walking distance), and call it a night.

Can you recommend an area in Orlando or near the port where we can do this?

The port will be 45-60 minutes away from the airport. If you only want to swim and relax before your cruise I would suggest you pre-book a shuttle and stay overnight in Cape Canaveral near the port. (A taxi would be too expensive)

The four hotels closest to the port are: Homewood Suites, Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At the Port. There first three have free breakfast of that is important to you. All have shuttles (for a small fee) that will take you to the ship. All are nice and family friendly and are all within 1/4 miles of each other.

We usually stay at the Radisson because we love their pool and they have a good restaurant (Kelsey's) next door.

As far as shuttles, the most popular are: Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Cortrans, Travelynx and Executive VIP Limo.

Have a great cruise!!

You're right, Disney Springs will be quite busy on a Saturday night and the hotels are not actually at the springs but mostly on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Not only that but Disney is further away from both the airport and the cruise port so a taxi will cost more to get there.

There are a number of good hotels just a short distance north of the airport that have restaurants well within walking distance. A quick taxi ride and you're there. https://www.google.com/maps/@28.4574793,-81.309273,17.22z

One thing, Semoran Blvd is a very busy road so look at hotels that will not require you to walk across that road with your youngster. I would suggest the Gateway Village area first for more restaurant choices.

Cortrans cruise shuttle does pick-ups at many of these hotels and is very reasonably priced. Their website gives a list of which hotels they will pick up at. You can also arrange with them for a return to the airport after your cruise.

Find them here - http://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/

Hope this helps, have a great trip.

The LaQuinta Orlando Airport North is a great hotel in terms of location and bang for your buck. They offer a complimentary airport shuttle plus a hot breakfast. The hotel is in a park-like setting just 5 minutes from the airport. They have a nice pool area and several restaurants within walking distance. The hotel has won several Trip-Advisor awards...we've always been very satisfied with our rooms and service.

TravelLynx Shuttle Service is very reputable for MCO area hotels to the port and back.

I highly recommend them.

They went out of their way when one of our friends left her formal dress in the closet at the hotel. She didn't realize it until she was half way to the port. The driver called another shuttle driver to pick up her dress and then deliver it to her at the port.

They really went above and beyond in terms of exceptional customer service.

Have fun 😀

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

We usually stay at the Radisson because we love their pool and they have a good restaurant (Kelsey's) next door.

I totally agree with GTO-Girl.

Last time we traveled with kids, my husband booked a private car (we used STAR TRANS-VIP) from the airport to Radisson in Cape Canaveral. We arrived very late (around 10:30 pm). The driver met us at the baggage claim. It took him around 40-45 min to get to the hotel. They also provided a car seat for an infant.

The hotel was pretty nice. They have a good pool, but we took a local taxi to the beach that is located only 10 min away (Cocoa Bach). Had an awesome lunch right on the beach (Coconuts on the Beach restaurant). We did some last minute shopping the same day and spent the evening by the pool. Next day we were at the port by 12 pm.