Choice Air Fares

Mr&MrsBee

When shopping airfares on AIR2SEA (formerly Choice Air) always price the outbound leg separately from the return leg. For some unknown reason, combining the two can lead to SIGNIFICANTLY higher prices.

Sometimes it even pays to brake the outbound and/or return flights into separate legs, especially if that leg has both a domestic as well as an international segment.

My recent flight from Minneapolis to Sydney is a case in point...

The LAX-SYD leg was only $605pp on Delta (much, MUCH less than Delta was advertising for the exact same flight)

I booked my own domestic leg from MSP to LAX for $154pp...significantly less than what AIR2SEA wanted to charge for that segment if combined with the international segment.

My return flight from Seattle to Minneapolis was again much cheaper than if booked through AIR2SEA in combination with the outbound leg.

You can call AIR2SEA if you have any questions or need help, they have been VERY helpful and I have NEVER had even a minor hiccup in the last 12-14 times I have used them. ;)

You have left out a very significant point with this "recommendation". You HAVE to know the exact terms of your tickets. Not all flights can be linked. You have added risks with 2 separate bookings, that are not good choices in some circumstances. Essential you know all the details of what the terms of your tickets are.

You have left out a very significant point with this "recommendation". You HAVE to know the exact terms of your tickets. Not all flights can be linked. You have added risks with 2 separate bookings, that are not good choices in some circumstances. Essential you know all the details of what the terms of your tickets are.
But it was the CHEAPEST. And that's all that matters. Besides, if something goes wrong, it will be someone else's fault.

OK class....repeat after me....caveat emptor.