looking for reviews of Havana cabins from someone who has actually sailed

Hi All,

There is ALOT of talk on other social media sites about the Havana area with much speculation. I would love to read a review from anyone who has actually sailed on the Vista and stayed in one of these cabins, especially the Havana cabanas or suites.

For example, is the crew actually policing the area to make sure it is only Havana guests before 5 pm? What about the walkway outside of the cabana patios? Are they truly only for Havana guests or can anyone walk by after 5 pm? And if so, ho crowded are the areas, especially on sea days?

Greatly appreciate anyone who can provide some first hand experience on this.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/carnival-vista-deck-plans/dp/havana-cabana-balcony-he/cc/

Here are a couple of Havana Cabin reviews from Cruise Critic members.

I am surprised on just how little actual information this is on the Havana area. Yes, John Heald posted on FB, but of course as an employee of Carnival he is going to be all positive and glowing about them. I think (JMO of course) that the issue may be on the Europe port intensive cruises passengers are not really experiencing the Havana area the same way that those that sail on the Vista in the Caribbean will. Most of the reviews I have seen for Vista sailings seem to focus more on the ports, which is natural if you are from the America's traveling to Europe, then on the ship. Of course areas on the ship get mentioned, but the Havana area is just a small part of the total cabins available.

I did read one FB post in which the writer, staying in a Havana Cabana was awakened by banging on her patio door in the very early hours. Looking out she saw that it was two kids, probably under the age of 12 (The youngest anyone is allowed to stay in a Havana cabin). How they got there? Who knows.

I am hoping by time we sail in December Carnival will figure out a way to keep that area as intended. If it proves too difficult they may just throw up their hands and open it to all.

I will let you know September 3! I too have heard mixed reviews...

Thanks, but I'm staying in a Havana suite in August! So unless someone speaks up pretty quickly, I may be letting you know! LOL.

I'm thinking....the experience must be good or we would certainly hear about it from past guests. I've noticed that a lot of the negative speculation is coming from folks who are booked on the Vista, but not in the Havana area. Folks seem to feel the need to justify why they didn't book a Havana cabin, possibly trying to convince themselves? Then others, who actually are booked in the Havana area, are second guessing themselves based on that speculation, myself included.

In reality, I have only read about one incident (kids knocking on someone's patio door in the middle of the night) from a passenger who actually has stayed in a Havana Cabana. And before that incident, her reviews were all positive! But of course, it is this one incident that everyone is going nuts over.

Totally agree with your post above.

Even I have gone back and forth with what cabin to book on the Vista and whether to move, stay, etc. Havana is talked about so much. Too much IMO. There's alot more to what sounds and looks like a fabulous ship. Everyone should stop over thinking it.

Enjoy your cruise and your suite!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have 2 Havana interior rooms booked for July 29th. I'll report back on my take.

You are sailing right before us, so that would be great! We have one suite and one inside cabin in the Havana. I just want to be prepared for "whatever".....especially regarding enforcement of Havana guests before 5:00 pm only. Sadly, on another social media site, one lady who was staying in a Havana cabana tried to share her experience. But as soon as she did, WOW.....she was called an elitist, snob....it was ridiculous. I think after that, she decided it was best to leave that topic alone.

You are sailing right before us, so that would be great! We have one suite and one inside cabin in the Havana. I just want to be prepared for "whatever".....especially regarding enforcement of Havana guests before 5:00 pm only. Sadly, on another social media site, one lady who was staying in a Havana cabana tried to share her experience. But as soon as she did, WOW.....she was called an elitist, snob....it was ridiculous. I think after that, she decided it was best to leave that topic alone.

That's a shame, because those of us that are sailing in a Havana cabin want to know "What is it like?" It's a new concept to be sure. I don't see how the Havana area can be elitist when they have almost all types of cabins available in the Havana area; interior, "the Cabanas", balcony, and only 4 suites. So in reality its in everyone's price point. We ARE paying extra to have exclusive rights to a pool area before 5 PM, so what? NCL has its "Haven" (Which, IMO, it outside of most cruisers pocketbook. Although, to be fair when reading the NCL boards it seems only the Haven guests write about their experiences). Princess and HAL have an area of exclusive use that has a fee attached, and I am sure other lines do too. I like being able to pay for what is important to me, and passing on what is not. If I am willing to pay a little extra for a cabin so I don't have to share a pool with really young kids, so what? But I did pay extra, so I hope its enforced!

Please come back after your trip and share your experience, and I PROMISE not to call you any names. :)

• 3 months later...
Thanks, but I'm staying in a Havana suite in August! So unless someone speaks up pretty quickly, I may be letting you know! LOL.

I'm thinking....the experience must be good or we would certainly hear about it from past guests. I've noticed that a lot of the negative speculation is coming from folks who are booked on the Vista, but not in the Havana area. Folks seem to feel the need to justify why they didn't book a Havana cabin, possibly trying to convince themselves? Then others, who actually are booked in the Havana area, are second guessing themselves based on that speculation, myself included.

In reality, I have only read about one incident (kids knocking on someone's patio door in the middle of the night) from a passenger who actually has stayed in a Havana Cabana. And before that incident, her reviews were all positive! But of course, it is this one incident that everyone is going nuts over.

We had college kids knocking on our balcony door on the traditional balcony that is right to the edge of the ship. They somehow figured out how to open all the dividers on our side of the ship and were running up and down knocking on all the doors!