Summit - Aqua Class or Concierge Stateroom

clarkgriswold

Thanks for the quick response going to miss Dave he was fantastic. Is your avatar a photo with the executive chef from Guatemala? He found out my wife is from Guatemala and visited us in BLU several times was a fantastic guy as well.

Thanks for the quick response going to miss Dave he was fantastic. Is your avatar a photo with the executive chef from Guatemala? He found out my wife is from Guatemala and visited us in BLU several times was a fantastic guy as well.

Actually, the picture is from a Princess ship. We did a Princess Chef's Table when the head chef of all of Princess was onboard. It was a few years ago so I suppose I should update my avatar sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi:

Planning a cruise on the Summit next spring and interested in feedback on the value of Aqua Class vs Concierge Class staterooms.

The Aqua comes with complimentary access to the Blu restaurant. Concierge includes priority embarkation & debarkation and priority seating in main dining room and specialty restaurants.

Anyone have thoughts on which is the better value?

If you like a just the two of you at the table in a very less crowed restaurant (Blu) and the spa, the increase pays for it. Otherwise the rooms are the same size..Been in both and depends on the price differential for "specialty" dining every morning and evening using "Blu" and maybe the spa. Embarkation debarkation are the same. You can get seated in the MDR if you want to.

A toss up. While some people like Blu, having dined in it on multiple ships, it isn't great. On M class ships, AQ and CC are larger then regular bal cabins. In addition, you get extra points for both which get you closer to Elite sooner.

I would look at the cost. If the CC is cheaper, save the money and dine more often in the Specialty restaurants, which IMO exceed food in Blu. The little perks you get in blu again IMO aren't worth much- do not need my cabin to smell with the horrible perfume and the tea is horrible. I did like the lip balm. The access to the persian garden wasn't something we enjoyed either. Also for some reason the AQ cabins have a poor location, under the gym and pool.

Enjoy whatever works for you.

Edited by Cruise a holic

what's the difference between AQ 1 and 2 ? I coudn't see any in the cruise critic review

A2 staterooms are on deck 9 underneith the overhang of the pool deck. They can be under the spa area or the sun deck. Some are bothered by noise from above or by the overhang (which I don´t like at all).

A1 staterooms are on deck 11 aft. They have been added later to M class ships. They have an unobstructed view and nothing above the balcony.

The aft elevator ends in a small lobby for these staterooms.

For us it is either AQ (which was the case on all our X cruises) or regular balcony. Blu is THE reason why we got hooked to AQ.

CC does not offer any advantages worth paying extra for us. We´d rather book a balcony stateroom, save the money and spend it on specialty dining because of the missing Blu perk.

Edited by Miaminice

We enjoyed our meals in Blu more than Tuscan Grill or Qsine. The service was fantastic! This was on the Silhouette.

Did you have an opportunity to try the Lawn Grill and Murano's? Both our favorite restaurants of all on any cruise line. We also happen to really enjoy Qsine-

Yes, you did miss something... ;-)

The list of AQ are perks additional to the CC perks.

In other words, you get the CC perks (with the exception of embarkation day lunch in MDR) PLUS the AQ perks.

150 - 250 $ is a no brainer...

Also, if you are a Captain´s Club member, you get the one category upgrade for free. Meaning you pay for A2 (probably the 150$) and get upgraded to A1 for free.

The A1 staterooms are on deck 11 aft. We loved the location (see South America review in my signature). The A2s are mostly beneith the overhang of the deck above... did not like that too much. However, it would not be a deal breaker.

Your reviews are great! The best I have ever seen, the pictures wow. What camera did you use? Wish I could do something like this to save my travel memories. And I agree the location on deck 11 (A1) is the best on the Millennium Class ships, on the Solstice Class ships we like the C2 location on deck 12. Location, Location.:cool:

Your reviews are great! The best I have ever seen, the pictures wow. What camera did you use? Wish I could do something like this to save my travel memories. And I agree the location on deck 11 (A1) is the best on the Millennium Class ships, on the Solstice Class ships we like the C2 location on deck 12. Location, Location.:cool:

Thank you!

I mostly use a Canon 70D. My wife has a smaller Panasonic Lumix TZ 71 and some pictures are just taken with the iPhone.

Edited by Miaminice

One of the nice AQ perks for us is being able to go to Blu for lunch as soon as we board. It beats the rush of everyone running to a buffet. I personally love the scents put in the rooms! I never drink the tea but do like the fresh fruit in the cabin. We also got the lanyards and the foldable totes. My husband also got a nice little card/money holder. Nothing beats the aft location on Deck 11. This will be our second time in cabin 1141. We liked the location so much we actually looked at all the summer sailings this year until we found one where that cabin was available. My parents Elite celebrity sailors have never sailed AQ and will be joining us this year in the adjacent cabin. I have a feeling after this sailing they will never go back to regular veranda or ocean view cabins.

1470661704285.jpg.1922e7ca1e7e1d3f59da2780f50de00a.jpg

Edited by colombiangirl

One of the nice AQ perks for us is being able to go to Blu for lunch as soon as we board.

??? Since when does AQ offer embarkation lunch in Blu ???

Embarkation day lunch in MDR is something they just added as a perk for CC.

Never heard of the same perk for AQ in Blu - and our last cruise was in May :confused:

Edited by Miaminice

I am 100 % sure there is no embarkation day lunch in Blu.

When embarkation day lunch in MDR was added as a perk for CC there was a debate why it was added for CC but not for the superior booking class AQ.

I can tell you for sure in 6 weeks when we are on Constellation again.