Has Anyone Seen Mulan Onboard?

DCLCrazy

My daughter LOVES Mulan! Unfortunately, we have yet to see her on any of the ships. I hear she is on The Wonder. Can anyone confirm that? We will be on the Magic in December. Has anyone seen her there?

My daughter LOVES Mulan! Unfortunately, we have yet to see her on any of the ships. I hear she is on The Wonder. Can anyone confirm that? We will be on the Magic in December. Has anyone seen her there?

I've only seen her in the shows. I believe there's a Mulan segment in the Golden Mickeys (on the Wonder). Or used to be.

We were just on the Magic and I don't recall seeing her.

Characters for meet and greets rotate in and out depending on the shows aboard.

There would need to be a cast member from the main stage that has the right height and facial characteristics for them to be a face to face meet Character.

So even if there is one right now,

here is a Magic June 5th set of Navagator's for you to look through:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/06/personal-navigators-12-night-british-isles-cruise-dover-june-5-2016/

That does not imply there will be one in December.

HTH's!

ex techie

I'm far from an expert on the Disney Princesses, but at least of the movies I've seen, I liked Mulan the best because she was a strong female character and the whole story arc was just different. I feel like Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, just "wait around and look pretty until a man comes to save you!" Mulan is tough AND pretty!

I'm far from an expert on the Disney Princesses, but at least of the movies I've seen, I liked Mulan the best because she was a strong female character and the whole story arc was just different. I feel like Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, just "wait around and look pretty until a man comes to save you!" Mulan is tough AND pretty!

I think Tiana is the modern day independent princess.

Can you believe the Mulan movie is 18 years old! 1998!

ex techie

Mulan was on Wonder in March. Granddaughter met her during the princess meet and greet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the chances of seeing Mulan on the Wonder are greater, since that character appears in the Golden Mickeys show.

The other ships (well, except the Dream) don't have the Golden Mickeys so the probability of an actor meeting the physical requirements for that character being onboard are slimmer.

We did not have golden mickey show on tbe Panama crossing in May on the Wonder

I did however catch mulan walking around and got a fabulous photo with her.

Edited by kaseyoz

We saw her on the dream in 13 - stood out as I didn't expect to and she wasn't listed in the Navigator, she did a couple of informal sessions so might have been practicing/training. Rapunzel was there was as well, unlisted.

In reality, other than the big 6, there's never a guarantee of any character being avail (Big 6 = Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip and/or Dale and Cinderella). There will always be more, and several who are likely, but those are the only ones who have backups at all times, etc.

ETA: As far as backups, there are performance backups for a lot more characters but not all of those have been trained to do the proper autographing, etc for meet and greet (and have the necessary language skills in English for that type of interaction)

Edited by Loonbeam

We saw her on the dream in 13 - stood out as I didn't expect to and she wasn't listed in the Navigator, she did a couple of informal sessions so might have been practicing/training. Rapunzel was there was as well, unlisted.

In reality, other than the big 6, there's never a guarantee of any character being avail (Big 6 = Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip and/or Dale and Cinderella). There will always be more, and several who are likely, but those are the only ones who have backups at all times, etc.

ETA: As far as backups, there are performance backups for a lot more characters but not all of those have been trained to do the proper autographing, etc for meet and greet (and have the necessary language skills in English for that type of interaction)

Chip N' Dale are always together. To see one making an appearance and not the other would be a very very rare occurrence.

For the ships, as you seem to be speaking with your friends information from the parks, ALL of the Characters that can perform the part of Character and they not only play one Character, can properly autograph that Characters signature. And some.

On the ships the Character performers tend to be either American, Canadian, British or Australian citizens. Their ancestry may be from another country that has a suitable similar facial characteristic, and they are taught how to speak like the Character if performing a face Character.

I've known Sleeping Beauty to also be Pluto for example.

At the parks your friend works at, they have no housing problem and many many shows to perform simultaneously, and that is maybe why they may have stage performers and meet and greet performers with different skills and attributes. I don't know anything about the parks characters.

Just the ships.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

From talking to people on the ships, there are performers for the shows etc who are cleared to perform on stage (for example the welcome aboard show or Pirate night) as backups to cover the mains and their backups but cannot backup for meet and greets. From what I understand this is more common on the ships doing shorter cruises (which makes sense). So if 'Goofy' is not feeling well you may see him in all shows but less M+Gs than usual. It was explained to me that this is like the third string quarterback, you hope you never need to get down that far.

And its rare but I have seen a Chip only signing on the Magic at least once.

Chip N' Dale are always together. To see one making an appearance and not the other would be a very very rare occurrence.

For the ships, as you seem to be speaking with your friends information from the parks, ALL of the Characters that can perform the part of Character and they not only play one Character, can properly autograph that Characters signature. And some.

On the ships the Character performers tend to be either American, Canadian, British or Australian citizens. Their ancestry may be from another country that has a suitable similar facial characteristic, and they are taught how to speak like the Character if performing a face Character.

I've known Sleeping Beauty to also be Pluto for example.

At the parks your friend works at, they have no housing problem and many many shows to perform simultaneously, and that is maybe why they may have stage performers and meet and greet performers with different skills and attributes. I don't know anything about the parks characters.

Just the ships.

ex techie

We've seen "just" Chip and "just" Dale once each. With Dale, it was on deck 10 on embarkation day where he and his handler were just walking around greeting guests. It was definitely one of those magical experiences.

However Techie is right that they are always scheduled together at meet and greets and such. I guess it is possible that one is unable to participate so they send out "just" the other one.

The chipmunks and the mice are in the same size range, so DCL is very aware of always having sufficient CMs for these roles on board. But as noted, a character who can appear on stage may not be able to do a meet and greet. We've also seen a couple of situations where it was announced that whomever couldn't do any autographs tonight. Trusting this was a "not fully trained" performer who hadn't been checked off on autographs.