Drink prices & Packages- not sure I need advice

I KNOW I can search this question... In fact I did... to be honest, I got tired of looking.

I am looking at the Drink packages.... Currently the cruise planner says 20% off price.... Great...

The problem/Question: DH & I drink Guinness and wine... We both like a frozen cocktail or a bloody Mary... etc. Once in a while.....

IF buying the Select package we could have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner.... have our Guinness in the afternoon have our Guinness as we watch a show in the evening. So.... if we have an easy 5 beer/wines a day... this would be the situation for a port day the Select package would pay for itself.... Right? IF we would want a frozen drink...HOW does that work with a Select Package? Ball park cost of a cocktail??

NOW... IF we are on a sea day.... We may have a a few frozen drinks.... during our day in the sun... Perhaps a Bloody Mary in the Late AM... ;) The Premium of course would make better sense for that. We have 4 sea days... 5 port days... Of course our 4 sea days are Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, Christmas Day and New Years day... I know we may want some more on the two "Eve" days/nights. SO..... Perhaps the Premium may make better sense? because I am sure we would want 2-3 cocktails during those days....

I KNOW it is more of a personal preference AND only I can gauge how much we would drink... I'm just trying to decide IF either package would be better- I figure there are a few of you out there who tried either package and could say how well it worked out for you. Since we aren't Diamond we don't get those nice perks... AND we haven't been on Royal for about 5 years... I figured a few of you could give me info on your experience. THANKS!!!

Gabrielle

... Right? IF we would want a frozen drink...HOW does that work with a Select Package? Ball park cost of a cocktail??...

The Select package gives you no credit at all for cocktails. You would pay full price, which is around $12.

Clarea, $12 cocktails... Regular cocktails.. or the frozen ones? OR about the price of either

THANK YOU for the approximate cost- I wasn't sure!!

The $12 is for fancy cocktails like frozen or special margarita. Something simple like a scotch and water will be less, but not a whole lot less.

So it seems you know select would work pretty well, if I were you, I would look at the price difference between select and premium.

I think it works out to something like 6-7 drinks a day to break even with the premium now. Since you know you'll have the 5 beer/wines a day, then all you have to do is add a couple cocktails on and you'll break even.

Since you have both the 4 sea days where you think you'll drink more, coupled with the holidays, I would go with the premium pack. This way you can get the water bottles too - which is a big plus since you can take those on excursions with you.

So it seems you know select would work pretty well, if I were you, I would look at the price difference between select and premium.

I think it works out to something like 6-7 drinks a day to break even with the premium now. Since you know you'll have the 5 beer/wines a day, then all you have to do is add a couple cocktails on and you'll break even.

Since you have both the 4 sea days where you think you'll drink more, coupled with the holidays, I would go with the premium pack. This way you can get the water bottles too - which is a big plus since you can take those on excursions with you.

Premium has the water bottles... I didn't think about that! THANKS!

The $12 is for fancy cocktails like frozen or special margarita. Something simple like a scotch and water will be less, but not a whole lot less.

Of course depending on scotch you choose it may be over 12, I was drinking Johnny walker platinum (18 year old scotch)which was covered by drink packing in 2015 now was a couple of dollars over the 12 dollar limit, package does cover most or all of 12 year old scotch and under

Of course depending on scotch you choose it may be over 12, I was drinking Johnny walker platinum (18 year old scotch)which was covered by drink packing in 2015 now was a couple of dollars over the 12 dollar limit, package does cover most or all of 12 year old scotch and under

Though I DO LIKE Scotch... I have learned NOT to drink it.... I tend to LIKE IT TOO MUCH... the consequences are not good. ;)

I'm guessing the same could be said for a high end tequila for pricing- right?

Though I DO LIKE Scotch... I have learned NOT to drink it.... I tend to LIKE IT TOO MUCH... the consequences are not good. ;)

Correct.

Without a doubt, I recently started drinking Patron and they cost way more than most scotch's, but good thing is premium covers most and if you go over you just pay differnce

Does one of your port days happen to be in Labadee? If so, you can use your drink package there. Maybe that tips the scales?

No, it doesn't.... I haven't been there... One day I'm sure it will be on one of our stops. Eastern Caribbean- St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, Tortola, Dominica. I plan on mostly snorkeling/catamaran.... no all you can drink rum punches. ;)

We had the premium package on our recent seven day cruise. We ordered one pre-cruise at the 20% off and used cruise credit to purchase one on board. The on board price was $12.00 more per day. I am not sure I would purchase it again if we had to pay out pocket for both. We probably broke even, but I think I drank more then usual. We did get multiple waters each day and kept our fridge stocked.

I liked the convenience of being able to try different drinks. Cocktails were all 10.95 to 12.00 without tip. Wine was 8 and up. Most of the wines we got were over $11.00. I had a number of beers, but I am an IPA drinker and there is little to no choices. They had one in the pub and were out of it by the last day. The New Castle on draft was decent

After the first four days it so you get a little burned out. I did drink lots of Diet Coke too.

We had the premium package on our recent seven day cruise. We ordered one pre-cruise at the 20% off and used cruise credit to purchase one on board. The on board price was $12.00 more per day. I am not sure I would purchase it again if we had to pay out pocket for both. We probably broke even, but I think I drank more then usual. We did get multiple waters each day and kept our fridge stocked.

I liked the convenience of being able to try different drinks. Cocktails were all 10.95 to 12.00 without tip. Wine was 8 and up. Most of the wines we got were over $11.00. I had a number of beers, but I am an IPA drinker and there is little to no choices. They had one in the pub and were out of it by the last day. The New Castle on draft was decent

After the first four days it so you get a little burned out. I did drink lots of Diet Coke too.

THANK YOU!! This helped a bunch!

I just hope they don't run out of Guinness for us.

When you asked for water... did you have to specify NOT to open them? I'm thinking of when we go ashore to a beach....

When you asked for water... did you have to specify NOT to open them? I'm thinking of when we go ashore to a beach....

Never seen them open the water, so you can store extra in cabin, we also always get some for shore excursion

I purchased the Ultimate package for my cruise and will again for my cruise in October. For me it just made things easier no matter what I wanted to drink. DW also liked to experiment with new drinks so if she did not like it we were not out any more money then we were before.

DH has had Replenish three times and I've had it twice, and they don't open the water bottles.

They don't open the beer, either, if you ask them not to. I buy out of pocket, and I've asked for a Boddington's and a glass to take away. Easy peasy. Because of the C&A coupons with their "buy one get one free" beers, I've even had two Boddington's to take away along with a glass.

If you get the Select package (beer/wine/soda) are all beers on board included (incl in the pub on draft)? For wine, it is only ones at the $8 mark, correct?

Thank you!

All beers except for Chimay Blue 750ml. Correct on the wine limit.

This is the same exact situation I am in - I have a large OBC to pay for one package and going to get one online. I don't like that the fact that it is 12per day more :( But I have to keep in mind its not really costing me anything. What a racket !

It worked out well, but I am one that likes to know all the information ahead of time so I can make an informed decision. The price on board surprised me.

We will have plenty of credit for our next cruise also, but sine it will be a nine day cruise we will just pay as we go. I don't think I would get the package again.

It worked out well, but I am one that likes to know all the information ahead of time so I can make an informed decision. The price on board surprised me.

We will have plenty of credit for our next cruise also, but sine it will be a nine day cruise we will just pay as we go. I don't think I would get the package again.

Thanks Mike!!! The prices on board is what surprised me... just from reading the boards.....I am thinking of trying it this time and see how it goes.. many because there are 4 holidays on board.