Upsale Offer

HEINER

Just got an Upsale offer from Princess we are on the Royal Princess

It's would be $599.00 per person for a 7 day cruise. We are also on the cruise before it but the offer is only for the September 17 not the September 10

I did leave a message would be nice it it could be both of the cruises.

$599.00 for seven day seems a little high. It's for a full suite E728

What does everyone think?? This is the very first time we have been offer a suite.

Thanks for any information for can give us?

Betty

Just got an Upsale offer from Princess we are on the Royal Princess

It's would be $599.00 per person for a 7 day cruise. We are also on the cruise before it but the offer is only for the September 17 not the September 10

I did leave a message would be nice it it could be both of the cruises.

$599.00 for seven day seems a little high. It's for a full suite E728

What does everyone think?? This is the very first time we have been offer a suite.

Thanks for any information for can give us?

Betty

Greeting Betty! We have been fortunate enough to have received Up Sells on 4 cruises and 3 of them have been 7 day cruises. In our opinion, it is always worth moving up to a Full Suite if the price is around what you were quoted!

In case you don't remember us we were also scheduled for the 2015 Haw, Samoa & Tahiti cruise that you had booked. However like you we too had to cancel (on the morning of the cruise because my Betty had heart failure). Tell Bob hello for us.

Just Mike

I would not accept an upsell for $599 which is $1200 based on double occupancy for a 7 night cruise. I have been offered upsells from Mini's to sutes the last few times and only 2 times were the deals reasonable. The third one was $199 PP for a 3 nighter which is too high. On shorter cruises you don't get dinner at a specialty restaurant and only 2 breakfasts in the specialty, not worth it to me. Also if you are elite the perks over lap further reducing the value of the suite perks.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Greeting Betty! We have been fortunate enough to have received Up Sells on 4 cruises and 3 of them have been 7 day cruises. In our opinion, it is always worth moving up to a Full Suite if the price is around what you were quoted!

In case you don't remember us we were also scheduled for the 2015 Haw, Samoa & Tahiti cruise that you had booked. However like you we too had to cancel (on the morning of the cruise because my Betty had heart failure). Tell Bob hello for us.

Just Mike

Hello, Mike we did take the offer. Yes, I remember you and Betty. I have been Checking out your roll call it's the very best you do a great job on it. We booked the March 30 2018 same cruise. So I steal ideals from your!! So happy Betty is better. Enjoy your cruise. Someday I hope we meet!

Betty

Edited by HEINER

You didn't say what you would be moving from.....

I guess the real question is whether the suite perks are worth $1200 to you.

If you are elite, the additional perks don't amount to much. If you are not elite, it might be worth the price.

The current price difference between booking a mini and booking a suite is almost $2500. The price difference between a balcony and a suite is $2800! I guess $600 is cheap.

Edited by moki'smommy

Ok, this is what the deal is. Yes, we are Elite. We were in Cabin C428 Mini on the bump out we have stayed it that cabin for over 30 days and would book it again.

So we book when this first open to book and after many price drops the cruise for the Mini Suite came down to $1,529.00 PP before port charged and taxes so if we add the $599.00 we are now at $2128.00 PP before taxes I don't think that's bad for the Owners Suite.

The only bad thing is we could not get it for the September 10th 7 day cruise as we had booked this as two cruises to get the most OBC so we need to change cabins.

We are very happy!!!

Got the same offer today. We ended up taking it and getting a Penthouse suite. Too afraid of the soot issues to go for the owners suite. Moved from a mini. So, we ended up in a suite for about the same price as the deluxe balcony was when we first booked months and months ago.

Good luck with the decision. If I was an elite I doubt I would have taken the offer. Starting to really look forward to the cruise.

Ok, this is what the deal is. Yes, we are Elite. We were in Cabin C428 Mini on the bump out we have stayed it that cabin for over 30 days and would book it again.

So we book when this first open to book and after many price drops the cruise for the Mini Suite came down to $1,529.00 PP before port charged and taxes so if we add the $599.00 we are now at $2128.00 PP before taxes I don't think that's bad for the Owners Suite.

The only bad thing is we could not get it for the September 10th 7 day cruise as we had booked this as two cruises to get the most OBC so we need to change cabins.

We are very happy!!!

Congrats! Enjoy your suite. Very nice. :):)