Questions Re: Krystal Hotel in PV....

CaribbeanCrazy

I have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

Several years ago while in PV...DH and I went to a Hotel on the beach, that had a huge swimming pool. It was near the cruise ship docks. I'm pretty sure it was the Krystal Hotel. We didn't sit around the pool because they had Rap music playing sooooooo loud we couldn't stand it. Has anyone else had this happen? Do they still play loud music around the pool?

Also, can anyone tell me what the price of a Pacifco beer is at the pool bar?

We are trying to figure out what we want to do on our Jan. cruise stop in PV. I don't know if it's worth giving the Krystal another try or not.

Thanks

CaribbeanCrazy

We were there a couple of weeks ago and yes, they were playing loud music at the pool (though I think our chaise loungers were right under the speaker, so maybe if you were seated further away it would not be too bad.) I was there with my parents, but it did not seem to bother them. It was gorgeous and we all had a great time!

Don't know about Pacifico beer prices, as we ordered the Pina Coladas.

I will be at the Krystal in a couple of weeks. I am so looking forward to some relaxation time. I really hope that I can do that without being too shaken by the loud music. I know that loud music has a place too, and I'm all for that. I hope at least I can find a place in the sun and hear the music in the distance, not pounding in my head.

S&GIN,

Let us know how it goes. :) I'm with you...I have nothing against music. Sometimes it can even add to the experience. Depends on the kind of music and how loud it's being played.

IF you don't mind...could you also let me know how much a Pacifico beer costs. I have read that the mix drinks there are $4.00-$5.00 and are pretty weak. :(

Thanks

Have a great trip!

CaribbeanCrazy

CaribbeanCrazy,

I'll give you an update when we return. We are also going to have massages there. The reviews for the massage sound great and the prices can't be beat. I hope to have a full report when we return.

S&GIN,

Thanks....I will look forward to your report. :)

The price for a massage does look really tempting. I'm just not sure if we will have enough time. We want to go into town and do some shopping in the am. After that...we will head back to the ship...grab a quick bite to eat...and change into our swimsuits. Then we will head to the Krystal for some R & R around the pool. I don't think there will be alot of spare time left. We have to be back on board the Mercury by 4:30. One thing I have learned from our past cruises...is not to try and fit too much activities in one day. It doesn't usually work out that good time wise...and it isn't very relaxing when your rushing from one spot to another.

But...I still haven't ruled out the massage idea. :)

Bob7,

Yes...I do have YOUR shortcut directions...thanks :)

BTW...What kind of music...if any...was playing when you were there?

Do you remember if the pools were heated?

CaribbeanCrazy

Crazy: yes I saw those loud music comments, they must have had a different stereo jockey than when we were there, they were playing Carrib/spanish stuff, kind of pretty, not too loud, we could easily talk. We weren't sitting in front of speakers tho'. We love the steel bands, could listen to that all day, best part of pool time on board is if the pool band is good Caribb music.

About pool temp, it wasn't warm, it felt a bit nippy getting in but then was fine, refreshing. One cool feature, the pools have underwater loungers carved in stone at the sides of the pools, a few inches underwater, nice and warm, ya can tan w/o baking. The drinks were the only bummer, weak and not cheap, around $5, maybe skip the waiter and order yer own from the bartender and tell him how you want it, works on the ships. Bring yer own towels, no resort towels available. Lovely place, nice beach, big surf if the weather is right, danger level posted by color, can't boogie board if too rough, some guys tried and quit. Lovely walk through the pretty grounds on the way to the pool, you should have a nice time there. Good luck!

There is a nice pool by the spa.:) We stayed there before and after our massages. It was a lot quieter there than at the main pool. You will have to walk over to the main pool to get a drink but it's not very far. The main pool was too crowded and noisy for me.

The massages were fabulous. The place is really clean and the girls had the most magical hands.:cool:

Bob,

DH and I will be in our glory if they are playing caribbean type music. :) Love those steel drums. :):) We also love mexican music. Which is what I would have expected to hear in mexico. But Rap...no thanks! Maybe when we were there last time there were a lot of spring breakers. Although I am pretty sure it was late Jan...or early Feb. so probably not!

Anyway...thanks for all the great info. :)

CaribbeanCrazy

We just returned from PV and went to the Krystal (as Bob7 suggested) and really enjoyed it. We went for a couples massage too. $30 USD each. Great massages and really cheap. We sat at the pool right by where we got the massages. No music was playing there and noboby bothered us. There were 4 of us and we had 4 Pacificos and 2 orders of nachos and I think the cost was $22.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa :)

Just the info. I was looking for.

It's kind of funny...the massages are cheap...but the drinks are expensive!

Did you reserve your massage time before you left? Was it done around the pool? The reason I ask is that you mentioned that you sat in the area where you got the massage. Just wondering:)

Glad to hear there was no LOUD music!

CaribbeanCrazy

Caribbean Crazy,

We went to the Krystal for the couples massages. Very awesome! I almost fell asleep, it was soooo relaxing.

The one thing I wish we had done was brought towels with us. The pool was pretty deserted! Looked very relaxing.

We did go to the Melia hotel in Cabo. It was beautiful there and our ship was parked directly across from it. Was cool to lie there on the mattresses seeing our ship out in sea. The only downside was the extremely loud music and weak drinks (I am not a drinker, and I couldn't taste or feel any alcohol in the pina coladas) -- and they were expensive too at $7 each for a small drink. (To let you know how little I drink, one drink on the ship is good enough for me -- they are strong on RCCL). Plus they didn't tell us about Happy Hour -- saw the sign when we left, so instead of $50 for 6 drinks and nachos, it could have been $29. We also had massive headaches from the dj music. Would have liked to have stayed there longer, but it was just too loud for us.

Seeing the Krystal, it was quiet and beautiful there, it would have been nice to hang out there. So next time I would definitely bring a towel and hang out there for the day.

It was sooo hot and humid there, that we could fathom the walk back to the ship to get the towels. But next time we will!

Thanks Lisa :)

Just the info. I was looking for.

It's kind of funny...the massages are cheap...but the drinks are expensive!

Did you reserve your massage time before you left? Was it done around the pool? The reason I ask is that you mentioned that you sat in the area where you got the massage. Just wondering:)

Glad to hear there was no LOUD music!

CaribbeanCrazy

Hi CC, :)

I reserved my massage ahead of time. We had 2 couples and wanted to have all 4 done at the same time. We were in two different rooms and it was great. Very nice rooms with wonderful soft instrumental music being played.The massages were done in the spa which is right by the quiet pool. I only wish I lived in PV as I would have a massage once a week at that price.;)

Don't forget to bring a towel with you to lay out by the pool.

Hi Caribben Crazy,

I second exactly Janice's comments. There were 4 of us too, the massage was great. The girls do have hands of gold. The pool was relaxing and quiet and we were in walking distance to the ship if you follow Bob7's shortcut. Any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

Lisa

Hi Caribbean Crazy,

I second exactly Janice's comments. There were 4 of us too, the massage was great. The girls do have hands of gold. The pool was relaxing and quiet and we were in walking distance to the ship if you follow Bob7's shortcut. Any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

Lisa

Hi, I'm going in Feb, last time I was on the Mex Riviera cruise we had to miss PV and went to Ensenada instead! Hope to make it this time.

I really want to coordinate our day in PV around this. What is the shortcut to get to the Krystal Hotel? Can my beau and I have side by side massages in the same room? What was the cost for two?

Thanks so much!

What is the shortcut to get to the Krystal Hotel?

If you do a search on Bob7, you will find his shortcut directions. They are perfect and very easy to follow.

Can my beau and I have side by side massages in the same room?

Yes, it's not a problem

What was the cost for two?

It was $60. We tipped each of our girls $5 each.

Thanks so much!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.:D

Thank you, Stanford's Girl! This will be my 15th cruise since 2000, but they've always been with kids or my sisters or girlfriends! My first romantic one (and we're doing Alaska in June too) - very excited to do both.

My beau hasn't been on a cruise yet so I know he will be thrilled!

(snip) What is the shortcut to get to the Krystal Hotel? Can my beau and I have side by side massages in the same room? What was the cost for two?

Thanks so much!

Find the big round building on the dock, it was right at our gangway but your ship might be at another spot. Walk around the round building and across the road to a square in front of the flee market. Walk across the square toward the big white wall with the yellow wall behind it (hope they haven't repainted it :-) Go through the gate at the left end of the white wall, and down the backstreet past timeshares and condos to the dead end, that's the Krytsal back entrance. You'll see a big sign welcoming cruisers, and a guard will eyeball you and greet you as you go in. Then it's a walk for a few minutes through the pretty grounds to the pools.

-Bob, (who wishes he was there, not here :-)

Archived