Questions Re: Krystal Hotel in PV....

CaribbeanCrazy

Thank you Bob7 for the directions - I did a search of this forum but came up empty!

Is the Krystal Hotel far from the historic district? Walkable or take a cab? Thanks, Ellen

It's several miles down the highway to the town of PV. The ships dock at the Marine Terminal. It's a $4-5 cab ride in the orange/yellow cabs out at the roadway, or $8-10 on the fancier white ones that come in to the gangway. It's an easy 2 minute walk out to the main drag to get a yellow cab (they don't have the contract to pick up fares at the dock). The historic district is down the boardwalk and then across the river (Rio Cuale), perhaps a 20-30 minute walk. If you want to get closer tell the cab to take you all the way there, and then walk back along the pretty boardwalk when you're done. Lovely old cathedral behind the boardwalk on Zaragoza.

-Bob

Find the big round building on the dock,........ Then it's a walk for a few minutes through the pretty grounds to the pools.

-Bob, (who wishes he was there, not here :-)

About how far total from the round building to the pool using the short cut?

About how far total from the round building to the pool using the short cut?

About 30-50 yards from the round building across the square, maybe 1-2 minutes, then about 5-7 minutes down the back street, partly on a smooth sidewalk, part over rough cobblestones. Then about 3-4 minutes, maybe 100 yards through the Krystal grounds. If you're used to strolling around, like going around the block at home, no prob, but if walking is painful or difficult it's better to take a cab from the gangway (round bldg) to the Krystal front entrance, they should do that for only a few bucks. If you stand at the railing on an upper deck of the ship you can see the route over to the gate and partly down the street.

Thanks everyone for the great comments. :)

The massage price varies depending on when your going. I was quoted 75.00 for a couples massage for late Jan/06. When I mentioned that some couples have gotten their massage for 60.00....I was told that 60.00 is their off season price. Although 75.00 is still a very good price for a 75 min. massage for two.

We haven't decided for sure if we are going to get one. The price is great. We're just not sure we can fit it in our schedule. If we had a later departure, we would definitely get one.

We might get one in Ixtapa. I have read that you can get an hour long massage for 20.00pp right on the beach.

CaribbeanCrazy

....If you're used to strolling around, like going around the block........If you stand at the railing on an upper deck of the ship you can see the route over to the gate and partly down the street.

Thanks, after we get back to the ship after our snorkel trip we'll have an idea as to what to do. The more information you have, the easier you can make the correct decision.....

What exactly is a couple's massage? Are you and your spouse in the same room with 2 different masseuses?

Hi Sandy,

Yes, that's right. It's very relaxing! We did this in October.

We were quoted $60 for two. I did the facial and my hubby did the massage, although I did get a neck and foot massage as well. At the end she whispered in my ear "thank you" and slipped out of the room. I was almost asleep -- it was soooo relaxing!

When we got there, there was no-one there, the therapists were outside enjoying the sun. When we finished, and left, there were 2 couples in the waiting area. So we lucked out on the timing. (We had booked 3:30 P.V. time).

Just went to the Krystal. DH and I walked down to check it out while our DD was on the dolphin encounter. Liked it so much, that after DD came back and we had lunch on the ship, we walked back. They welcome cruisers with open arms, really. You can sit on the beach (palapas are there for shade) or at the pool. After putting our feet in the water at the beach, we opted for the pools. Can't comment on the music, so it must not have been intrusive. A couple of swim up bars, pool volleyball and basketball and great views. Great photo ops. And get this; the cleanest bathrooms you can wish for. I was scared to use the facilities (I freak out over gross bathrooms) but my DD went first and said I would approve. Very clean and well attended.

The folks at Krystal are so nice and welcoming, it left a real positive impression. AND, it didn't cost any money to get in. We had a few beers (our choice, they don't push it) you're in control of what you spend or not (drinks, food, massages) without any pressure from anyone. A definate grade of A.

• 1 month later...

We visited the Krystal resort in early Dec 2005. We enjoyed it very much. No massages for us though, maybe next time! I aslo did not notice any loud music playing at all. Quiet, beautiful beach area. Nice pools and grounds. We took a taxi from the cruise terminal as we were not too sure where we were going. It cost $3 US per person. We entered the Krystal resort through the main entrance and we had to pay $15US per person to use their facilities. Maybe you pay only if you use the front entrance?? Maybe the back entrance is free? I have no clue, just know what we were charged. However we did not mind as we were allowed to spend $30 at the bar on food or drinks.....like a prepaid bar tab I guess. So really it did not cost us anything. I would highly recommend going to this resort.

The Krystal Hotel is an easy walk. The Marina location would require a cab ride. We have made reservations on line with only minor issues -- person at the spa couldn't communicate in great English, so I replied in my college-rusty-Spanish and we got things corrrected! :D

The Krystal Hotel is an easy walk. The Marina location would require a cab ride. We have made reservations on line with only minor issues -- person at the spa couldn't communicate in great English, so I replied in my college-rusty-Spanish and we got things corrrected! :D

Right you are about the English. I am trying to make a reservation. If you do get a massage, will they still charge you to use the pools etc? Does anyone know how clean the massage areas are?

You shouldn't have any worries about the quality nor the cleanliness of these spas. For those who might not know, the Krystal Hotel chain is a Mexican resort class organization that was bought out by the much larger NH chain of Spain perhaps 3 years ago or so. Both companies run good, solid hotels (not Ritz Carltons, but Sheraton quality, give or take).

Add to that the numerous plauditory reviews of the Millennium Massage Services here on CC and you're certain not to be disappointed.

I would like to do the same as you did but wondered what the 30.00 at the bar was for? You paid them 15.00 a person to use the resort and then they gave you a 30.00 bar voucher?

Also, were you given a towel or anything for the 15.00 fee?

Hi,

Let's see if I understand this. I am on the Sapphire Princess, find a cab ask it to take me to the Krystal and just walk thru the front door? Sounds too good to be true. I would love it.

Is there a number to call to reserve massages etc

Please help, all new to Mex. Rib.

Thanks

Robyn

My husband and I actually stayed at the Krystal a year ago. Yes....you can just walk straight through to the pools and beach! There is NO DOOR! The front desk is an open area. If you walk straight through you'll end up at the beautiful pools on the beach. When we checked out a towel we gave them our room key, so take your own unless you want to pay for one. There isn't anyone that asks wether we are a guest of the hotel or some Joe off the street.

The drinks are weak! I'll warn you now. I tried tipping well after the first one....didn't help! When we were there you could rent jet ski's at the beach. We didn't, I had no desire to get in the water. I figured that was their sewer system.

The grounds are great for walking in the evening. We were told by the "time-share salesman" that the mother of the family who originally owned it wrote Casablanca. Wether he was blowing smoke to make a sale...I don't know. Also if you go downtown at night there is a small square that has local food vendors selling food for dinner. It's 1 maybe 1/2 a block up from the main street leading to old town. There is a taco cart that sells the best tacos over! 2 for 7 pesos.

Sorry for the long answer....hope it helps!

If you go in the back gate and tell them your with the cruise ship, they don't charge you anything. There is a sign right on the gate that says "welcome cruisers". It's a 10-15 min walk down a side street from the ship. Here are some pictures we took at the Krystal. Sorry if they are too big.

PVKrystal.jpg

PVKrystalBeach.jpg

PVKrystalpool.jpg

ResizeofPVkrystalJim2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Which is nearest to the pier/ship? The Millenium Massage Clinic at the Krystal or Marina Vallarta? Has anyone reserved on line? Thanks so much.

We were at the Millenium Massage Clinic @ Krystal Dec. 20, 2005, the first port on our Sapphire Princess cruise. We used the infor on this link to book on line with the spa. No problem, their English is as good as my Spanish, but the app't was made. (3:30 pm PV local time = 2:30 pm ship time)

It was a leisurely 12-15 min. walk from the ship terminal. We went in through the side gate as suggested by Bob7, no charge, no hassle whatsoever. We asked the guard where to find the Spa, and clear directions were given. When we got to the main pool area by the beach, the Spa is to the right. It is very clean and professional. The ladies do have magical hands! We paid $75 for the two of us - couple's rate, in the same room, for 75 min. It is absolutely worthwhile. They are better than my RMT in Toronto. I would get on a plane and go back for another massage right now! Also, we had made app't ahead of time, but another friend came along with us, having heard our suggestion. Unfortunately for her, since she did not make an app't. she did not get to enjoy the wonderful massage. So, do book it on line ahead of time or you'll be disappointed.

Vic

Archived