Tips learned from the Carnival Ecstasy

FTTF jumps you to the front of every line, including the line to park at the terminal.

Interesting concept.... how do you get past all the other cars in the single file line, that is surrounded by concrete?

We always do a park and stay in Charleston, so just get dropped off at the shuttle drop off..

I always love getting a Thirsty Red beer and watching the cars snake around the parking area, just never saw a place where you could skip to the front.

Interesting concept.... how do you get past all the other cars in the single file line, that is surrounded by concrete?

We always do a park and stay in Charleston, so just get dropped off at the shuttle drop off..

I always love getting a Thirsty Red beer and watching the cars snake around the parking area, just never saw a place where you could skip to the front.

When is it single file? Every time I have gone through parking there are at least 3 lanes. One of the lanes is for FTTF/priority guests and that line is cleared out before the others are allowed to begin moving through.

When is it single file? Every time I have gone through parking there are at least 3 lanes. One of the lanes is for FTTF/priority guests and that line is cleared out before the others are allowed to begin moving through.

It looks like it is single file when you first come in to the lines. And at 12-2pm while I am up on lido sitting in the shade watching cars the snake around to get to where you split to multiple line they often look stuck in a non moving line.

Keep in mind, since we have not gone through the process in years... ( choose to stay at a hotel that keeps the car) I cant say for sure, and I might be drinking my beer relaxing out of the main path, thus a bit hazzy.. I just could have sworn that there was a single file line right when you come in that snaked a good bit before they get to the paperwork check.

It looks like it is single file when you first come in to the lines. And at 12-2pm while I am up on lido sitting in the shade watching cars the snake around to get to where you split to multiple line they often look stuck in a non moving line.

Keep in mind, since we have not gone through the process in years... ( choose to stay at a hotel that keeps the car) I cant say for sure, and I might be drinking my beer relaxing out of the main path, thus a bit hazzy.. I just could have sworn that there was a single file line right when you come in that snaked a good bit before they get to the paperwork check.

Yeah it's not until the paperwork check that they put people in different lanes. Before then there's no FTTF benefit. BUT I've never had to wait to get to the paperwork check for more than a few minutes, if at all.

I still don't buy FTTF, it's worthless to me. The ship isn't leaving without me so an extra 20 minutes or so in line is no big deal, I've never had to wait for a tender, purser's desk never has a line during the day, etc. That $60 or whatever Carnival has decided to charge now is better spent on something that will make a memory.

• 3 weeks later...
Could I stay on her for 10 days? Probably so, actually. I would have said no before the dry dock. We are doing a 7 day in October on her, so check back with me after that but after my 5 day last month I was left wanting more!

Did the ecstasy change over to the "American table" menu after dry dock, or was it still similar to their old menu? Also, I read there's no longer free lobster on cruises less than 6 days, was that true for you last month? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Did the ecstasy change over to the "American table" menu after dry dock, or was it still similar to their old menu? Also, I read there's no longer free lobster on cruises less than 6 days, was that true for you last month? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Yes to both - American Table was present (not sure if they switched before or during Dry Dock), and there was no free lobster on my 5 day cruise in Feburary. They still offered prime rib on elegant night.

Get a porter when leaving the ship. Eliminates the long line waiting to get through customs. Well worth it. We only had 3 suitcases and a couple small hand bags, and we ended up tipping him $10 because he was so nice and got us through the mess.

This also works at PortMiami.

Unfortunately, it does not work in Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades, as there is no separate "expedite" line for porters there.

I grew up on the Fantasy ships ( in my cruising life) and have found them to also be my favorite. The mid-sized ships are ok and I've been on a mega-ship with another line (which was a complete disaster - only cruise I've ever been on that I couldn't wait to get off--and it was only a 3-day cruise!) I've found the Fantasy class ships to be more intimate, better service, friendlier staff, and easier to get to places as my age advances. Those 3 mile hikes on the mega-ships are killers LOL. My favorite time and place on a Fantasy class ship is an early morning breakfast on the outside back of Lido deck watching the big blue lazily float away. Such therapy for me. I miss that very much when on other class ships.

Skip being nervous on your first cruise. Worry being addicted to it after.

That is so very true. We went on our first cruise last Sept. Come home and said we had a great time, but would not cruise again, thinking done it once now try something new. Then about 6 weeks later as I looked at pictures and saw my husband enjoying the relaxing I realized that what we really enjoyed the most. So needless to say in 105 days we take our 2 cruise and starting to think about planning our 3. Once a year to have time to relax and have no phone, no time table, just do what we want when we want. We both have become addicted.

We wanna go on Ecstasy! Our favorite Royal ship is still the Majesty which is about the same age and size as Ecstasy. Those ships were built when cruising was still about being at sea and not being in a floating amusement park or mall. We are a few hours from Charleston and really want to try the Fantasy class before they disappear. We notice that the 4 day cruises out of Charleston are always more expensive than the corresponding cruises from FLA on the same weeks - both Carnival and Royal. I can only suppose this is because they sell out faster. Apparently there are still a lot of us that like these ships.

Any suggestions on where to park? We will be driving in the day of departure.

Just got off th boat today! We stayed in Charleston the night before but opted to drive to port instead of riding in hotel van. Glad we did! First, get faster to the fun, worth it! We got on the ship quickly in that line and got in line to debark at 0745 and was driving out on main road by 0809. I had read about all he bad experiences in port but our experience was great getting on & off. We checked our luggage as well and still out that quick.