Just off the Dawn 7/8 - 7/15

wdwfamily

We sailed in 12026 last July and loved it. I get what you mean about people above can look down, but the only time that anyone was really there was leaving Boston. We found the balcony very quiet and relaxing.

What specialty restaurant did you try to book that you couldn't get into? We booked all of ours in advance because of the Unlimited Dining that was being offered. We knew Cagney's always fills up and wanted to go there at least once. We lucked out getting into La Cucina on a night when I had forgotten to book a dinner for us. Our concierge was very good and very helpful (of course I don't remember her name)

Since there is no Blue Lagoon any more, does O'Sheehan's (or whatever it's called now) offer breakfast?

Also, they're using Moderno now for the suites for breakfast and lunch? not Cagney's?

Thanks!

Another thing I remembered about the pillows. They didn't send me anything so I called NCL and then they sent me an email with the pillow options. I sent back a request for a couple of different types. I explained that I have herniated discs in my neck and typically sleep on a shaped, memoryfoam pillow. When we got on board they had a shaped memoryfoam pillow for me in my room. I was thrilled.

I see you mentioned something about breakfast and lunch in moderno? I have traveled on the dawn several times, but not since the dry dock! My family and I will be setting sail in August. Wondering if lunch and breakfast is no longer offered at cagneys for suit members is it now at moderno? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see you mentioned something about breakfast and lunch in moderno? I have traveled on the dawn several times, but not since the dry dock! My family and I will be setting sail in August. Wondering if lunch and breakfast is no longer offered at cagneys for suit members is it now at moderno? Thanks!

Cagneys and Moderno share the same menu for breakfast and lunch, for suite guests only. We had breakfast once, and they brought us into Moderno. For lunch, they brought us into Cagney's. Not sure if it's always like that or if it's changes for some reason.

Shows: We went to every night time show other than the magician as we weren't impressed

You didn't like David DaVinci shows? Seriously.....rated one of the top performers on the NCL line. WOW!!!!! the afternoon bird show they had was great last year. His close up magic show was good. And his other shows was awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoyed reading your post. You mentioned that you ate at Moderno for breakfast and lunch. Is Cagneys still on the shop or did The bame change?

Cagney's is still on the ship. Moderno and the Sugarcane Mojito Bar were introduced where Star Bar used to be...

30bc88e58010cb6c3442e85c3a083901.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Interesting. We were in an AFT suite both cruises we sailed and thoroughly enjoyed having breakfast and lunch in Cagneys.

In addition to this change can anyone add other enhancements to the ship. Thank you.

Looks like they broke up the buffet a bit, new Mexican Cantina in a part of the buffet that is now a separate section, put tent like roofs over hot tubs, put in big loungers in areas by the pool, new carpets, tvs, room decorations, overhaul of the Garden Villas, etc. There are a couple videos out there.

Edited by dexddd

I'm sure there is already a post up somewhere.. If someone could point me in the right direction, or if someone wants to give me there suggestions I'll take them! I am looking for a packing list of things people might forget? Or just a generalized packing list!

Thanks so much!

I'm sure there is already a post up somewhere.. If someone could point me in the right direction, or if someone wants to give me there suggestions I'll take them! I am looking for a packing list of things people might forget? Or just a generalized packing list!

NCL has a page on this...

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/prepare-for-your-cruise/what-to-pack

There are also several threads on CruiseCritic related to packing & common items that are forgotten...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1157230

Thanks so much!

NCL bathrooms tend to be small. The best bit of information I ever got from the boards here was to purchase an over the door clear (so you can see what's inside) shoe holder. We hang it on the inside of the bathroom door and it holds all our toiletries. Take it every single time.