Epic. Theatre shows . Queues reservations/non reservations.

Trickster999

We have pre booked a couple of shows.

What is the system for admission. I.e. Is there one queue for people with reservations and another for people without. We don't want to join the wrong queue.

Thanks

Yes, there is.

No need to be sorry. We all have to learn stuff!

First create ann line account on the ncl web site.

Once you are a certain number of days before you embark ( it varies with Cabndos type and n my case having an inside was 90 days) you can log in and book shows, meals, excursions etc. To me this is against the freestyle concept, but because there are 4000+ passengers and the theatre and dinning rooms aren't able to accommodate them all at once, it is the sensible solution..

We have booked the first two nights in the main dinning rooms and the spiegeleisen tent . Plus Priscilla and Burn the Floor. We've chosen times to allow us to have a cocktail while we sail away, have dinner and get to the late show.

We are sailing Oct 5th from Rome... How about you?

So nine times out of ten the longest queue is folk without reservations.

Just rock on up to the other side (short queue or no queue)

Sometimes you will hear the staff saying, "anyone with reservations please come this way"

Enjoy

I may be hallucinating but I seem to remember the staff scanning cards if you have a reservation. There were definately 2 lines. It was quite funny at times to hear folks in the no reservation line moaning about having to wait until the reserved guests were all seated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have pre booked a couple of shows.

What is the system for admission. I.e. Is there one queue for people with reservations and another for people without. We don't want to join the wrong queue. Thanks

There will be a sign and small line for stand-by passengers. The large crowd will be all people with reservations. They scan each person's cruise card for admission.

IF the show is sold out, they will start taking stand-by guests 10 minutes before show time and you grab whatever seats are open.

IF the show is not sold out, they will let stand-by guest in sooner.

The reservations provide crowd control at the shows. The theater holds 800 people and there are 4000+ on board.

The same is true for the Comedy Club. Once onboard, you can use the touch screens in all public areas, your iConcierge phone app, or your stateroom TV to book shows in Headliners. Two lines, one for people with reservations. One for standby.

When I was on the Epic recently they had a sign up pointing into headliners which said "stand by". I assumed that they were using that venue for people to wait in, rather than all hang around by the theatre entrance.

I didn't go into any of the theatre shows this time, so can't talk from experience as to how it actually worked this time.