Muster Drill

GUT2407

Not sure exactly what info you are after, but the process usually starts 30-60 minutes before the drill with announcements. About 30 minutes before, all the bars etc close and you are asked to go to your muster station.

You don't need to take your lifejacket.

At the time the drill is supposed to start, about 90% of people will be there. The remainder will drift in over the next 20 minutes or so, and then the actual drill usually starts. There are a few announcements (sometimes in multiple languages, depending on itinerary).

The 5 minute drill usually ends about 30 minutes after it was supposed to start.

:)

No, you watch a crew member put theirs on, but don't do it yourself.

Thanks, that's useful to know as we won't need to go back to our cabin to get them for the drill.

I've only sailed with P&O (from the UK) and Princess (from the USA) and both of them ask you to practice putting your jacket on during the drill.

Thanks, that's useful to know as we won't need to go back to our cabin to get them for the drill.

I've only sailed with P&O (from the UK) and Princess (from the USA) and both of them ask you to practice putting your jacket on during the drill.

I think Princess changed that, I know that they have here in Australia.

I presume your muster station location is prominently displayed in your cabin/stateroom/suite?

Yes, there are details, usually on the back of the door, showing the location along with the route to take from your room in an emergency.

The announcements beforehand will also tell you where to go. Your muster station is on your card as a letter or number. The letter is the main location (so, for example, B may be o'Sheehans) and then the number tells you which person to check in with

So, if you are B6 and B is o'Sheehabs then you go there and will see a staff member with a sign saying B6.

Just listen for the announcements and you don't even need to go to your room at all, although it obviously makes sense to check the location if you remember when you are in your room.

Thanks each - perfect sense there! I did assume it would be very much like a hotel with fire escapes and the like, but it makes sense not to assume. Good idea to have it on your card, too.

I notice they waste no opportunity to get you into a bar either! ;)