Carnival Pride photo review July 10, 2016

jocko4279

Pool day in Baltimore

Since it was a beautiful sunny low 80s day in Baltimore we decided to get in some pool and slide action while we were still in port. We packed our swim suits in the carry on luggage, though our checked bags arrived pretty much in time to have had them with my platinum status. Green Thunder was not yet operational having been down from the previous cruise. I inquired with the attendant on the Twister and said they would probably have it ready by the first sea day...he was right. They did get it going the next day, though it would be down occasionally here & there. Overall I'd say it was functional about 95% of the time.

IMG_4328_zpsd85njob1.jpg

IMG_4331_zpsmzuejx7g.jpg

IMG_4339_zpszrptnq1n.jpg

IMG_4340_zpsicd96vcd.jpg

Taking you up on your offer to ask questions. Since the Pride has experienced propulsion problems in the not-too-distant past, I was wondering if the Pride had any propulsion or any other mechanical problems on your cruise last week ? We are scheduled to sail on the Pride in early November. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for sharing! We are on the Pride 27NOV for our first Carnival cruise, so I can't wait to see more. I was wondering if you work for the Guv of your fine State, as he seems to be confused about those large metal structures as well??

Taking you up on your offer to ask questions. Since the Pride has experienced propulsion problems in the not-too-distant past, I was wondering if the Pride had any propulsion or any other mechanical problems on your cruise last week ? We are scheduled to sail on the Pride in early November. Thanks in advance for your help.

No problems at all. Smooth sailing and we were making good speed the entire trip, made it to every port on time & Baltimore on our return.

Steakhouse first night

We decided early on before we sailed to try the steakhouse with....don't kill me...the kids ( I know this is controversial) ! They had the kids menu with selections priced at $10 for them. Chicken fingers, sliders & such. I figured this was the best night to try it with them since they are generally behaved at dinner and if we went early on the first night (7pm) there probably would not be that many people in there. Well I was right, it was not crowded at all, and the kiddos stayed pretty tame. We had a party of seven. The service was outstanding as usual. I had the tuna appetizer , lobster bisque & cowboy steak. Tuna & lobster were amazing. The steak was great, but I have to say I was a little disappointed in the fact that there were large portions of it that were inedible due to fat, and what felt like tendons when I tried to process them lol. Maybe it was the cut of meat, I don't know much about that sort of thing, next time I'll go with a different selection. We got the free bottle of wine, and when we squared up for the bill the waiter gave us a another free bottle to go...I thought that was a really nice gesture.

100_0585_zpsvrcsxejw.jpg

DSC03028_zpslknq7yh7.jpg

DSC03030_zpsekte08gy.jpg

DSC03034_zpsuiqtyw17.jpg

I had a comped dinner in the Steakhouse on Pride. Service was horrible although it was nearly empty. The steak was unidentifiable and difficult to cut. I tried to get a server to replace it with no luck. Couldn't get a refill of water. Wondered if it was because it was comped but I don't think so.

Years before had a great dinner there with my 2 kids when they still played live music to dance to.

First two sea days

Not much to report here! Just some excellent weather, nice and sunny with calm flat seas. We spent a lot of time at the pool, slides & splash park. The thing I did make note of was a lack of bar waiters roaming around...I mean like none :) I know back in the day the bordered on annoying, but it would've been nice to have one cruising past every 30 mins or so to grab some libation. I did make use of a collapsible cooler I had packed and freezer zip lock bags. I would fill the bags with ice from lido & the cooler with beer I had purchased through bon voyage, and be set on beverages for a good amount of time.

DSC03086_zpsxzu02mkk.jpg

DSC03110_zpsnihanc1t.jpg

Check out my YouTube video of some Green Thunder action! We had it all to our selves one day.

Grand Turk

DSC03125%20-%20Copy_zps3ihyu7qu.jpg

This would be our 4th visit to Grand Turk. This time around we added some things that we had never done before (Jacks's Shack, Margaritaville) to mix things up a little. We got off the ship, and my wife stayed in the beach area nearest the ship. Me & the kids took the walk up the beach to Jack's Shack to find Topher the digging dog. If you've been to Grand Turk and you've never ventured past the beach closest to the ship, I highly suggest you do so. The beach further up is much nicer, no rocks in the water, and no seaweed. Just absolutely gorgeous clear water, a lot of room away from the crowds, and awesome views of the ship.

view from the ship

DSC03133_zpsrjapi60d.jpg

DSC03121_zpsodnnmmff.jpg

on the pier

100_0592_zps8tywmqqw.jpg

100_0593_zpsnejcywwd.jpg

If you go to find Topher at Jack's Shack. Call him over. Once he comes to you start digging a hole in the sand, and he will gladly help you out. My buddy and I ordered some drinks from the shack, about $9 for a 16oz cup of whatever your choice of poison is. A little pricey, but good. It was very relaxing sitting at the bar area, and Janet is very nice to talk to. Some pics of our time there:

Topher

100_0610_zpssyqlsqiy.jpg

100_0605_zpstut6c5ec.jpg

100_0601_zpscet7i01p.jpg

100_0600_zpssvnbog8q.jpg

100_0597_zpsp2jse7ce.jpg

100_0598_zps3fgebdsy.jpg

Here's a short video of me chasing a fish in Grand Turk

After some time at Jack's Shack we walked back and went to Margaritaville.

100_0596_zps9b703ojx.jpg

This was our first time there. We rented a poolside cabana. The cabana was a nice break if you needed to get out of the heat (air conditioned) and a place to store your things. It had a button on the inside to call for bar service. We mostly hung by the pool, it was a lot of fun swimming with the kiddos , doing laps of the pool and going under the bridges. It was a little raucous here by the main stage with twerking competitions and stuff, but if you stayed away from that area you could put it out of your head. My friend and I stayed behind after the family went back to the ship and were in the last line to get back on board. We had to try a margarita (since we were in Margaritaville!) I have to say it was a little disappointing , strong as heck, but not very tasty. Needless to say we struggled on our way back.

Cabana

IMG_4407_zpsofxpzryn.jpg

pool

IMG_4415_zpsgokux36u.jpg

We were next door to you in cabana 7 at Margaritaville. Would definitely do the cabana again, good location and it was nice having a place to store your stuff and to take a break from the heat.

Hey neighbor! Definitely agree with you. I'm already planning my next trip there :)

Half Moon Cay

Definitely always the highlight of this cruise! This time we rented a two story villa. It was amazing , and I must say one of the most relaxing days of my life. The villa comes equipped with it's own private bathroom. They also stock it with fresh fruit, chips & guacamole, drinks of your choice, mats for floating & snorkel gear. You pick out your villa when you board, just go to the shore excursions desk and select the villa letter and your choice of soft drinks. The only thing slightly negative I'd mention here is they had one person working the shore excursions desk & I waited in line about twenty minutes even though there were only about 3 people ahead of me. I'll let the pics do the rest of the reviewing of Half Moon Cay, they sum it all up!

100_0618_zpslxxg7jlp.jpg

100_0620_zpsjtgwdgz5.jpg

100_0622_zpsrnifxj3c.jpg

100_0624_zpsczwrd81v.jpg

100_0625_zpsxv5lq41s.jpg

100_0626_zps4ym0h9nf.jpg