South Beach - Hotwire "Zones"

PSU_Redhead

I have another question, please :) I did some searching and couldn't really find the answer already listed here.

We are looking to book a hotel through Hotwire (we are pretty limited on budget this trip). We are thinking of staying in South Beach for one night pre-cruise. Not sure yet if we will have a car. What "zone" would be best for us to book in if we will not have a car? We will want walkable beaches and restaurants/bars if possible. If not, then a short cab/Uber ride!

The options are:

Central South Beach - Art Deco District

Central South Beach - Convention Center

South Beach - Ocean Drive North

South Beach - Ocean Drive South

We are Ok not knowing which hotel we will be booking...just want to gain an understanding of which area would be best!

Thanks in advance for any input.

I have another question, please :) I did some searching and couldn't really find the answer already listed here.

We are looking to book a hotel through Hotwire (we are pretty limited on budget this trip). We are thinking of staying in South Beach for one night pre-cruise. Not sure yet if we will have a car. What "zone" would be best for us to book in if we will not have a car? We will want walkable beaches and restaurants/bars if possible. If not, then a short cab/Uber ride!

The options are:

Central South Beach - Art Deco District

Central South Beach - Convention Center

South Beach - Ocean Drive North

South Beach - Ocean Drive South

We are Ok not knowing which hotel we will be booking...just want to gain an understanding of which area would be best!

Thanks in advance for any input.

Actually, they are all pretty good areas! I would be happy with any. Just go with the highest star rating for the best price.

Actually, they are all pretty good areas! I would be happy with any. Just go with the highest star rating for the best price.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the prompt response :) Do you think a 3 star rating would suffice in that area, or should I look higher? I don't need the Four Seasons...but do prefer a nice, clean room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks so much for the prompt response :) Do you think a 3 star rating would suffice in that area, or should I look higher? I don't need the Four Seasons...but do prefer a nice, clean room.

Absolutely a three star will be great.

However, if you find a four star for the same price or a few dollars more, book it.

South Beach has so many luxury hotels that they've taken the game to a new level.

The entire tourist area is only about 20 blocks.

Absolutely a three star will be great.

However, if you find a four star for the same price or a few dollars more, book it.

South Beach has so many luxury hotels that they've taken the game to a new level.

The entire tourist area is only about 20 blocks.

Hi there! Me again :) You've been so helpful with my past posts that I'm hoping I can ask one more question! So I've found a 3 star boutique hotel in the Art Deco district with a 95% satisfaction rating. Grand total for one night is only $104, so it seems to be a no brainer. Then I realized "Wait a minute! There are 3 of us traveling, and this is a boutique hotel! I have no idea what the accommodations would be like for 3 of us to sleep!" The rate is a "let the hotel decide what kind of bed you get" rate...so we could very well end up with just one king sized bed. Do the boutique hotels in that area tend to have a couch in the rooms? Or a cot for rent if it's needed? I realize this is not a one size fits all question...but perhaps you'll at least be able to tell me that there's no way the hotel would have that, or there's a good chance they will :)

I checked better bidding dot com to try to figure out which hotel it is, but there's nothing that matches the amenity list!

Thanks again for all your input thus far!!

Hotwire lets you choose how many people will be in the room. If you enter three, you will have bed space for three. Now it could be a queen and a sofa. or two full size beds. Just don't know as they all fit the requirement. If you book it, call the hotel a couple times prestay to request what you want. And cross your fingers.

(Priceline only guarantees bedding for two people.)

The rooms in the smaller boutique hotels tend to run small especially on sites like hotwire and priceline. No chance there to book an upgrade.

What date are you looking for? LMTclub might have something and you know what you are booking.

Edited by eandj

Hotwire lets you choose how many people will be in the room. If you enter three, you will have bed space for three. Now it could be a queen and a sofa. or two full size beds. Just don't know as they all fit the requirement. If you book it, call the hotel a couple times prestay to request what you want. And cross your fingers.

Priceline only guarantees bedding for two people.

The rooms in the smaller boutique hotels tend to run small especially on sites like hotwire and priceline. No chance there to book an upgrade.

What date are you looking for? LMTclub might have something and you know what you are booking.

Thanks much! I did enter 3 people...just didn't know if it would guarantee sleeping arrangements for 3, so that's good to know :) We are looking for October 9 and want to stay one night in South Beach. I'll look into LMTclub, thanks!

Thanks much! I did enter 3 people...just didn't know if it would guarantee sleeping arrangements for 3, so that's good to know :) We are looking for October 9 and want to stay one night in South Beach. I'll look into LMTclub, thanks!

Also, look at the Hotwire area South Beach Collins Oceanfront.

Keep in mind that many South Beach resort hotels also charge a resort fee. I know the Richmond is one of the few oceanfront hotels that does not charge a resort fee.

(Priceline only guarantees bedding for two people.)

Aaaand...I didn't realize that LMTclub was a fee-based thing (I had never heard of it before now - I had kids 4 years ago and haven't traveled since! I feel so out of the loop now :) ). Is it really worth the $49.99 annual fee...especially for someone like me who likely won't be traveling much (or ever again) this year? We are looking for a hotel in Miami for Oct 9 and one in Ft Lauderdale for Oct 14. If it'd be worth it to get hotels for those two nights, I'll do it - but wanted input first.

Aaaand...I didn't realize that LMTclub was a fee-based thing (I had never heard of it before now - I had kids 4 years ago and haven't traveled since! I feel so out of the loop now :) ). Is it really worth the $49.99 annual fee...especially for someone like me who likely won't be traveling much (or ever again) this year? We are looking for a hotel in Miami for Oct 9 and one in Ft Lauderdale for Oct 14. If it'd be worth it to get hotels for those two nights, I'll do it - but wanted input first.

There are always free- to- join promo codes. Just goggle for them. I know one was mentioned here a few weeks ago. No one actually pays after finding out the promo.;)

The site is great. We use it often as it has a cancellation policy that allows for cancelling up to three days prestay. No other discount site offers that.

I will run your dates and see what I am offered. Pause......

Just checked and there is not a whole lot of choices on LMT. Nothing impressive for your dates.

Edited by eandj

Hi there! Me again :) You've been so helpful with my past posts that I'm hoping I can ask one more question! So I've found a 3 star boutique hotel in the Art Deco district with a 95% satisfaction rating. Grand total for one night is only $104, so it seems to be a no brainer. Then I realized "Wait a minute! There are 3 of us traveling, and this is a boutique hotel! I have no idea what the accommodations would be like for 3 of us to sleep!" The rate is a "let the hotel decide what kind of bed you get" rate...so we could very well end up with just one king sized bed. Do the boutique hotels in that area tend to have a couch in the rooms? Or a cot for rent if it's needed? I realize this is not a one size fits all question...but perhaps you'll at least be able to tell me that there's no way the hotel would have that, or there's a good chance they will :)

I checked better bidding dot com to try to figure out which hotel it is, but there's nothing that matches the amenity list!

Thanks again for all your input thus far!!

If you put three people in for your criterea, you will get a room with two beds.

The boutique hotels are usually too small for a sofa in a standard room.

Hotwire is now telling you the name of the hotel before you book.

Hotwire is now telling you the name of the hotel before you book.

Hotwire offers the HOT hotel deals which don't name the property. This is where the best pricing happens. Their regular hotel list is open. I would guess one could figure out the blind hotels the same way as on PL, using inventory list with location, star ratings and amenities.

Hotwire offers the HOT hotel deals which don't name the property. This is where the best pricing happens. Their regular hotel list is open. I would guess one could figure out the blind hotels the same way as on PL, using inventory list with location, star ratings and amenities.

I haven't seen the hot deals but if you click on the not named, starred hotel, it will have a window that asked you if you want to see what hotel the last person got that clicked.

The last several times I've booked I've done this aand it has showed the hotel and it is the one I got.

I haven't seen the hot deals but if you click on the not named, starred hotel, it will have a window that asked you if you want to see what hotel the last person got that clicked.

The last several times I've booked I've done this aand it has showed the hotel and it is the one I got.

Oh, ok. Between that "window" hint and comparing the named hotel inventory, I'd say darn good chances of figuring out what you'll get. Thanks for adding this info.

But I have not had the window pop up on all the hotels I am looking at for a fall trip.

Edited by eandj

Oh, ok. Between that "window" hint and comparing the named hotel inventory, I'd say darn good chances of figuring out what you'll get. Thanks for adding this info.

But I have not had the window pop up on all the hotels I am looking at for a fall trip.

It's been weird. Many times it has just said, "The last person to book this deal got The Avalon Hotel" or something like that.

It does not give the higher end hotel names.