My Time Dining Allure

When setting up my 1/2/2017 cruise on Allure the only dining option was My Time Dining. How do I set up times and which MDR is used? I have only used traditional dining in the past.

When reservations open, you will be able to use your Cruise Planner to reserve dining times. There is only one MDR, so that is not a choice.

We have had MTD on our last three cruises and had no issues. We treat it almost like traditional dining by booking a set time for each day. The benefit at least for our cruises was that we could book 5:45 every day which was a bit earlier than the early seating on traditional. You can also request the same servers for the duration of your cruise if you want. Another benefit is that you get the better more experienced servers for MTD. One of the servers for one of our cruises told us that the servers that rated the highest from the surveys were normally placed in the MTD dining rooms. I couldn't really argue with that because the last three wait teams we've had were excellent.

Edited by fisherguy

We have had MTD on our last three cruises and had no issues. We treat it almost like traditional dining by booking a set time for each day. The benefit at least for our cruises was that we could book 5:45 every day which was a bit earlier than the early seating on traditional. You can also request the same servers for the duration of your cruise if you want. Another benefit is that you get the better more experienced servers for MTD. One of the servers for one of our cruises told us that the servers that rated the highest from the surveys were normally placed in the MTD dining rooms. I couldn't really argue with that because the last three wait teams we've had were excellent.

We did the same thing!!! We also had book the shows for later. So we got a chance to rest and change before all the shows!!! Plus we had great service all the time!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Sailing in September and am new to My Time Dining. Do you have to book your times ahead of time or can you just show up?

Your choice, you can make reservations, just show up, or change day to day.

I am taking my first cruise on Allure in February 2017. My question is with MTD how do you dine in Silk or Grande?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Your dining room deck will be noted on your SeaPass card when you check-in. Whatever deck it is (3, 4, or 5), the menus will change every day and will be the same on all decks. The decks may be decorated as American Icon, Silk, or Grande, but they are functionally the same.

I arraigned our dining times to coincide with what times we return from shore, because we love to participate in sail away parties. After that, we like to relax and have a nice shower before dressing for the evening fun. All of the sea days are set for 6:30pm. Once the entertainment times became available to book, I had to change some of our dinner times.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Your dining room deck will be noted on your SeaPass card when you check-in. Whatever deck it is (3, 4, or 5), the menus will change every day and will be the same on all decks. The decks may be decorated as American Icon, Silk, or Grande, but they are functionally the same.

I thought I mentioned that somewhere and was told there was only one MDR, Silk.:rolleyes:

Stewart, which sailing are you on? We are sailing Allure on Feb 17.